Posted 8 years ago on Oct. 11, 2011, 12:32 p.m. EST by mindhawk
from Jefferson City, MO
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
"It is easier to imagine the end of all life on earth than it is to imagine a much more modest change in Capitalism." - Zizek
Below are my proposed changes to the American System. They are a work in progress, I figure it is better to get the ideas out there than to sit on them due to the urgency of this moment of uprising.
The only way to save the American system from the forms of pseudo-slavery that now exists is to demand changes that are beyond what anyone could imagine. Any conservative or merely palliative demands will leave the 1% plenty of wiggle room to use their tricks to nullify it within hours of implementation. Only demands that are truly disgusting to the 1% are going to be capable of restricting them from their predatory behavior. I do not consider these to be changes to capitalism because I do not consider our system capitalist. The alleged 'capitalist' institutions rely completely on control of and support from the government in the form of tricky laws and subsidies, both often obtained through the extortion of the entire population.
Since their continued existence depended and depends upon our purchase(calling it a 'bailout' concedes far too much) of their means of production, we, the people, own the institutions of the 1% anyway and have the right under natural law to do with their enterprises as we see fit.
I look forward to suggestions for improvement from the 99% and cries of outrage from the 1% and their lapdogs.
Super Glass Steagall Amendment
- Banks and Investment firms must be separated and remain separate. The United States government will be restricted from borrowing against the social security or national health care funds.
The Repackaged Debt Ban Amendment
- Selling of mortgages and student loans in aggregate form is banned.
The Anti-Usury Amendment
- All loans and lines of credit will have absolutely fixed interest rates. The unemployed will not be charged more than one late fee.
The Health Care Amendment
- Healthcare is a right for all Americans. An appropriate payroll tax will constitute an insurance payment for all workers. The profit margin for any health care business will be capped at 10%.
Investment Tax Law and Education Right Amendment
- Taxes on investment trading will be inversely proportional to time the commodity was held. Five categories of investment taxation will be created delineated by the duration the stock was held. The categories shall be: less than 1 second, less than one day, less than one month, less than one year and more than a year. Proceeds from these tax categories will be used exclusively to fund education through preschool-college for all americans and mental health treatment and/or counseling for any homeless individual. The starting rates for these categories will be 50%, 40%, 30%, 20% and 10%. Salaries for all university employees will be capped at the cost of four years tuition. The profit margin for any educational endeavor will be 10%. Tuition will not be used towards sports programs.
(to be continued)