Posted 8 years ago on Oct. 10, 2011, 10:32 p.m. EST by mdses123
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
Someone posted about the Summer of Justice. Looks great. After reading through too much verbiage these are the demands or issues that will be promoted at that event. We should consider aligning.
Seven issues in America today that need to be addressed
1) Tax the rich and corporations
2) End the wars, bring the troops home, cut military spending
3) Protect the social safety net, strengthen Social Security and improved Medicare for all
4) End corporate welfare for oil companies and other big business interests
5) Transition to a clean energy economy, reverse environmental degradation
6) Protect worker rights including collective bargaining, create jobs and raise wages
7) Get money out of politics
I support these 7 objectives – They are fairly clear, fairly measurable, and would make a huge difference.
I think there should be two or three overarching broad goals that tie the movement and the diverse groups together and then the above objectives are what we all work toward that help us achieve the long term goals.
Proposed Goal 1- Increase the fairness of the tax code and other policies to better support the middle class, the safety net, and the economy
Proposed Goal 2 - Protect our health and our environment from corporate greed
Proposed Goal 3 – Prevent corporate political influence and restore political power to the people
All 7 objectives or issues relate to these three goals. I’m concerned like many others that want to get involved that without clear goals and objectives we will not make significant gains. I’ll be down on Thursday and plan to participate. Thanks to everyone taking action.