Posted 5 years ago on Oct. 29, 2011, 10:54 p.m. EST by OccupyWallSt
It's been dumping snow here in NYC all day, high winds and 3 inches of slush on the ground. With the NYPD and FDNY confiscating six generators on Friday and this unprecedented October snow, those occupying Liberty Plaza in downtown NYC are in need of emergency supplies crucial for cold weather survival (and occupation).
We've made a lot of headway on getting winter gear here in the last 48 hrs but definitely need more. Please help by purchasing or donating supplies directly. Winter gear and other necessities can be dropped off in person, delivered, or shipped.
- insulated gloves, wool hats, scarves
- long underwear / smart wool thermal socks
- 300 hand warmers, 300 foot warmers
- waterproof boots in all sizes
- disposable shoe covers
- winter coats
- hot beverages
- thermal heaters
- all weather sub-thermal sleeping bags
- all-weather tents
- foam padding / insulation for inside of tents
- wooden pallets to get tents off the ground
- cots to get people off the ground (don't currently have any - could really use these)
Dropping Off In Person In NYC
Daily until 9pm at the OWS storage space at 52 Broadway Ave, ground floor.
After 9pm at the OWS Comfort Station on the east side of Liberty Square (aka Zuccotti Park)
Where To Ship
Occupy Wall Street
118a Fulton St
PO Box 205
New York, NY 10038
Please show your support for the stalwart occupiers who are braving the winter storm!