Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: One-Percenter of the Week: guess who earned 3,000 times the amount earned by the typical American household

Posted 12 years ago on Dec. 16, 2011, 8:35 p.m. EST by qazxsw123 (238)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Highest-paid CEO collected $145.3 million in a year

This is what his company provides to the rest of us:

DESCRIPTION .

McKesson Corporation (McKesson) provides medicines, pharmaceutical supplies, information and care management products and services across the healthcare industry. The Company operates in two segments. The McKesson Distribution Solutions segment delivers ethical drugs, medical-surgical supplies and equipment and health and beauty care products throughout North America. This segment also provides specialty pharmaceutical solutions for biotech and pharmaceutical manufacturers, sells financial, operational and clinical solutions for pharmacies (retail, hospital, long-term care) and provides consulting, outsourcing and other services. This segment includes a 49% interest in Nadro, S.A. de C.V. (Nadro), and a 39% interest in Parata Systems, LLC (Parata). The McKesson Technology Solutions segment delivers enterprise-wide clinical, patient care, financial, supply chain, strategic management and software solutions. In July 2011, the Company acquired Portico Systems from Safeguard Scientifics,

http://money.msn.com/investing/latest.aspx?post=154c053e-214a-41a1-b72f-c70a9b7bedce&_nwpt=1

4 Comments

4 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by qazxsw123 (238) 12 years ago

After reading what this corp distributes, I was wondering what an 'ethical drug' was. One thing it does for sure, is that it ends up in our toilets and drinking water. Plus (or minus), its development is, shall we say, outsourced. Here goes:

http://dukechronicle.com/article/ethical-drug-use

[-] 1 points by ModestCapitalist (2342) 12 years ago

Big surprise. More filthy disgusting rich pigs benefitting from obscene charges for products and services which have been misrepresented to begin with.

The legitimate market for commercial health care is only a fraction of the market that has been created through aggressive and misleading marketing tricks.

[-] 1 points by brightonsage (4494) 12 years ago

And lobbying Congress to get extensions on patent protection. Funny that when people complain that ALL of the profit from the patent extensions is used for advertizing and bribing doctors to prescribe more (not for R&D), some for "off label" use (meaning for patients that don't have the issue that the FDA approved it to be used for, but Drs. prescribe it anyway, believing that it "won't do any harm".) But, sometimes it does do harm. and it almost always wastes money which raises insurance rates or Medicare fees.

Yeah, he deserves that kind of money. Couldn't possibly replace him.

[-] 0 points by ronjj (-241) 12 years ago

WOW, when you mention all of the things that this company does I kinda think that CEO was underpaid. That is a listing of products and services that anyone can be proud of. It is simply unbelievable that any one company could do that much just in the area of health. This is really amazing.

And "qazxsw123" what is it that you do with your life.

I need to get my act together, no wonder I don't make that kind of money. I rent out four apartments and I think I am busy. Not making that kind of money by any means - of course if I had 100,000 apartments to rent out and be responsible for, I would want more pay too.

Oh well - such is life. NO??