Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: RIP AMERICA 2011. Obama freaking signed NDAA.

Posted 12 years ago on Dec. 31, 2011, 4:11 p.m. EST by BlueRose (1437)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

224 Comments

224 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 9 points by LongDaysnight (354) 12 years ago

What is wrong with the real people here? I don't get it this page should be the most talked on right now. This is so important people need to organize and occupy congress NOW. We can put our differences aside for a period at least until we stop this fascism from congress and the government.

ALERT the time is now no more waiting NDAA 2012 SIGNED

[-] 3 points by BlueRose (1437) 12 years ago

Perhaps it needs to be spelled out for people.

1. Greedy military industrial complex wants more prison slave labor. http://www.workers.org/2011/us/pentagon_0609/

2. Return of debtors prisons http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2011/12/13/388303/the-return-of-debtors-prisons-thousands-of-americans-jailed-for-not-paying-their-bills/

3. Billions spent militarizing US police. http://www.salon.com/2011/12/24/how_the_feds_fueled_the_militarization_of_police/

Add FEMA camps and NDAA, and we are f'd.

[-] 6 points by LongDaysnight (354) 12 years ago

Maybe not as bad as you think there are plenty of men and women that have been preparing for this. Most of us are caring people and will help you no mater if you are a lesbian, gay, black, hispanic or any other type of person even rude. Only one rule no harming others unless in defense.

[-] 2 points by BlueRose (1437) 12 years ago

That is awesome to say.

[-] 4 points by LongDaysnight (354) 12 years ago

Notice someone came along just to vote down the positive think here? This is the "SECRET" they don't want you to know... If we put aside petty differences for clear common ground goals, we will make it as a collective till kingdom come!!!! You O.W.S. and all humans are my sisters and brothers and i have sworn on the alter of GOD or for you atheists the alter of DECENCY to protect and defend you from any and all threats to your FREEDOM. The common ground we all share is LIBERTY and once we get all to realize this is under threat, we can move forward to UNITY.

BlueRose, you represent a major break through. For this time a few months ago, this "NDAA 2012" becoming law was, LUDICROUS. Your AWAKEning TO many things is key, think about how some of these "conspiracy THEORY's" sounded not even that long ago. You need to HARNESS that AWAKEning and save your friends and FAMILY.

[-] 1 points by LongDaysnight (354) 12 years ago

The NYCGA has started to take action, but don't let that pacify you.............................. http://occupywallst.org/article/j3-call-action-against-ndaa/

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by ineptcongress (648) 12 years ago

blue rose, that debtors' prison article seems fishy. if a person does not show up in court, the judge enters a default judgement against that person. then the other party, with the judgement in their favor, collects against the person by seizing and reselling their assets, or garnishing wages. they cannot jail you for debt. period. they're leaving out important facts in order to sell their news story.

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by TIOUAISE (2526) 12 years ago

Please read this recent post:

"Naomi Wolf on NDAA: How Congress Signed Its Own Arrest Warrants"

http://occupywallst.org/forum/naomi-wolf-on-ndaa-how-congress-signed-its-own-arr/

I agree with Naomi. As a lifelong student of history, I can confirm that Naomi Wolf is right on the money: history DOES show that "those who signed this bill will soon be subject to arrest themselves". Incredibly ironic, yet true. Praise the Lord, for She has a great sense of humor!

That's why I'm telling everyone to keep their cool and stay level-headed. I'm NOT saying "Don't be indignant" - absolutely not! I'm saying "Be indignant but be PATIENT and SMART as well", as this is all going to unravel and perhaps sooner than we think.

The NDAA is such DELIRIOUS legislation that even as he was signing it, Obama released a statement disavowing it! And in fact, this WHOLE NATIONAL CALAMITY created by the 1% (see the movie "Inside Job") is so extreme and so mad that it is only a matter of time - a couple of years at the max - till it blows up in the faces of those who are responsible for it.

In the meantime, We The People, let's turn off the TV, stay informed and aware, disciplined and non-violent and KEEP OUR EYES ON THE PRIZE : A NATION BORN ANEW.

[-] 0 points by LongDaysnight (354) 12 years ago

Yea, she's got it right.

[-] 2 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 12 years ago

People just want to bitch and attack. Nothing of substance.

Half the people dont vote, those that do just attack the other side (which is exactly what each side wants).

Its media madness.

I feel we maybe on the verge of a great political awakening. People are starting in my opinion to see what liberty is all about.

[-] 2 points by Rowsdower (27) 12 years ago

Because a lot of OWS people still worship Obama an think the democrat party will still save America. Fucking twits.

[-] 1 points by TIOUAISE (2526) 12 years ago

"a lot of OWS people still worship Obama" = B.S.!!!

There are a few but not many, i agree.

Well this is for them...

"President Obama himself holds heinous views on a slew of critical issues and himself has done heinous things with the power he has been vested. He has slaughtered civilians - Muslim children by the dozens - not once or twice, but continuously in numerous nations with drones, cluster bombs and other forms of attack. He has sought to overturn a global ban on cluster bombs. He has institutionalized the power of Presidents - in secret and with no checks - to target American citizens for assassination-by-CIA, far from any battlefield. He has waged an unprecedented war against whistleblowers, the protection of which was once a liberal shibboleth. He rendered permanently irrelevant the War Powers Resolution, a crown jewel in the list of post-Vietnam liberal accomplishments, and thus enshrined the power of Presidents to wage war even in the face of a Congressional vote against it. His obsession with secrecy is so extreme that it has become darkly laughable in its manifestations, and he even worked to amend the Freedom of Information Act (another crown jewel of liberal legislative successes) when compliance became inconvenient.

He has entrenched for a generation the once-reviled, once-radical Bush/Cheney Terrorism powers of indefinite detention, military commissions, and the state secret privilege as a weapon to immunize political leaders from the rule of law. He has shielded Bush era criminals from every last form of accountability. He has vigorously prosecuted the cruel and supremely racist War on Drugs, including those parts he vowed during the campaign to relinquish — a war which devastates minority communities and encages and converts into felons huge numbers of minority youth for no good reason. He has empowered thieving bankers through the Wall Street bailout, Fed secrecy, efforts to shield mortgage defrauders from prosecution, and the appointment of an endless roster of former Goldman, Sachs executives and lobbyists. He’s brought the nation to a full-on Cold War and a covert hot war with Iran, on the brink of far greater hostilities. He has made the U.S. as subservient as ever to the destructive agenda of the right-wing Israeli government. His support for some of the Arab world’s most repressive regimes is as strong as ever.

Most of all, America’s National Security State, its Surveillance State, and its posture of endless war is more robust than ever before. The nation suffers from what National Journal‘s Michael Hirsh just christened “Obama’s Romance with the CIA.” He has created what The Washington Post just dubbed “a vast drone/killing operation,” all behind an impenetrable wall of secrecy and without a shred of oversight. Obama’s steadfast devotion to what Dana Priest and William Arkin called “Top Secret America” has severe domestic repercussions as well, building up vast debt and deficits in the name of militarism that create the pretext for the “austerity” measures which the Washington class (including Obama) is plotting to impose on America’s middle and lower classes." Glenn Greenwald

[Removed]

I am sure at some point you believed stupid things to.

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by TheEqualizer (42) 12 years ago

Please share this http://tinyurl.com/OccupyCongressJan17 link with everybody that supports Occupy Congress. T-Shirts & Buttons. Thank You!

[-] 1 points by greenwinter (7) 12 years ago

Um, that link took me to an Irish store...

[-] 1 points by TheEqualizer (42) 12 years ago

you didnt look very hard. it was right in front of you. people are lazy and hardly get past the title to see whats right in front of them. oh well. already had an irish shop and added occupy gear to it because it was quick and easier then starting a new shop.

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by NightShade (163) 12 years ago

The problem is, a lot of energy has been given by this weeks months before. The people in this forum now that are talking shit is because they were to ignorant and ill-informed to know of this act before hand.

I remember talking about this six months ago and people laughed at me calling me a conspiracist on many forums and when public speaking.

Don't you love it the conspiracy theory label eases so many minds. (Insert sarcasm)

[Deleted]

[-] 2 points by gsw (3407) from Woodbridge Township, NJ 12 years ago

and Honor the memory of the veteran family man, shot 60 times by police in AZ

Jose Guerena, 26, died the morning of May 5. He was asleep in his Tucson home after working a night shift at the Asarco copper mine when his wife, Vanessa, saw the armed SWAT team outside her youngest son's bedroom window.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tucson-swat-team-defends-shooting-iraq-marine-veteran/story?id=13640112#.TwAXfTU7WAg

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by gsw (3407) from Woodbridge Township, NJ 12 years ago

Someone, Organize and Set a day, publicize it, and the people can show up at their state capital and voice their deep concern.

[-] 0 points by economicallydiscardedcitizen (761) 12 years ago

The time is NOW. Does anybody here think the next administration will repeal NDAA?

Maybe if Ron PauI get's elected, otherwise no.

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by ZenDogTroll (13032) from South Burlington, VT 12 years ago

If we are going to oppose this in a practical way what we need to do is attack all of the policies that facilitate Gitmo and indefinite detention.

Not just this one bill.

[Removed]

I agree but this is a start, all bill that go against liberty need to be destroyed.

[-] -1 points by ZenDogTroll (13032) from South Burlington, VT 12 years ago

It doesn't make much sense to oppose 1031 and 1032 [of the Senate version] of the NDAA - unless we are going to act against the whole.

We can scream and holler all we want - but if we do not articulate the whole problem, what is wrong with it and precisely why it runs contrary to American values, and advocate a solution,

loudly, with protests, mic.checks, and so on,

we'll never get Congress to repeal these two items on the spending bill.

[-] 1 points by ropeknot (359) 12 years ago

I agree ! ZenDog !

People are out there complaining against O.W.S. , so maybe we are making some noise now , and with more help and direction we will make enough for that to happen !

that would be nice.

The President tried to close Gitmo, but was overruled by screams that the cost of trials in NY would be way too expensive.

Like the American people are afraid of al Qaida targeting the courthouse.

right.

If that's the case we should just pack it up and declare Sharia law or something . . . .

They used to say O.W.S. who?

Now they say O.W.S. good or Bad !

Soon enough they will be thankful it's not just the military fighting for our rights ,and they will be proud that Americans are not just sitting around watching the decent of America unravel , but doing something !

I have a problem with the whole bill, I have a problem with no trials for anyone, I have a problem with the patriot act and i am sick of the fake left vs. right lie. I believe in the constitution and only support bills that follow it. This is why i support Ron Paul and like Ron Paul i support social programs at the state level.

What do you think the budget debate was all about?

There is a distinct difference in philosophy between repelicans and the rest of the entire country.

repelicans were prepared to and did see the economy suffer with their steadfast insistence on not ending the bushite tax breaks for the one percent.

I'm kinda tired of hearing there is no difference between them.

[Removed]

They both are destroying the American way of freedom and the constitution, they are both for welfare for corporations and imperialism. Maybe people say fake L vs R because none of them are what they claim.

you don't have proof of that - there are over 600 people serving in the House and Senate -

and you claim all of them are not who they claim?

bullshit

I can name three -

1. Senator Bernard Sanders

2. Senator Patrick Leahy

3. Congressman Peter Welch

http://www.opencongress.org/vote/2011/s/218 NDAA 2012 signed into law and all but 7 congressmen did not sign. http://www.salon.com/2011/12/16/three_myths_about_the_detention_bill/singleton/ here this is for your next line. See it L vs R is now L+R = T

I can't get the article to load.

I think the reason so many signed it is because no one wants to face the campaign accusation that they are not tough on terrorism, and there are other measures that predate this bill.

"I think the reason so many signed it..." Now that is a conspiracy theory. Don't give me that cognitive dissonance response open the link and read, it works fine. If you refuse to look at reality you may end up as bad as the Germans "We did not know the Nazis were killing the Jews" .. Why because they refused to look at peoples info and where they pointed, "those smoke stacks are just factory's, the fences are to keep them safer".

yeah-ya - I'm on dialup

the link didn't load

and now I'm not going to read it just because you are a dick head.

Where are the goddamned fema camps anyway?

I've never seen one - where are they?

Jesse Venturas' conspiracy theory has info on the camps , and i'm going to say all is not a theory !

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] 4 points by Windsofchange (1044) 12 years ago

Thank you President Obama it is sooooo appreciated that you signed this fascist legislation and made it law. You have betrayed us in the worst way. God luck trying to get elected for a second term. Nobody will vote for you now.

This is the worst news I have heard in a while. I was hoping for a pocket veto. Darn!

[-] 1 points by warriorjoe7 (232) 12 years ago

the bad news is that you don't even see the republicans calling him out on it, because all the republican candidates agree with it, except of course one. And when that candidate said it angered him, the media didn't even cover it.

[-] 1 points by Windsofchange (1044) 12 years ago

Yes, I not surprised about that. There are quite a few war-mongers and war profiteers in that party. War is good business to them, and now putting innocent americans in military prisons is good business to them as well. They would have a captive labor force by doing this, and they would make profit from doing this. Just disgusting if you ask me. How far we have fallen from true American values. Welcome to The Fascist States of America.

Only 7 did not sign it.

exactly. it's the end game of the elite (and the reason why the one who opposes it gets railed on by all other repub candidates, the democrat, AND the media.)

I agree wholeheartedly, Ron PauI 2012!!

[-] 0 points by capella (199) 12 years ago

he didn't betray you. if you read about him and his affiliations BEFORE you voted for him you would have known this would happen. 0bama is doing what he said he would,..........fundamentally change America. and the MSM ( main stream media), are they speaking about this? NO. they're all in tank for him , they got elected by NOT reporting the truth about him. they won't do it now because because he owns them.

[-] 3 points by reckoning (53) 12 years ago

RIP usa...

1776-2011

LOL perhaps u all deserve it....

[-] 1 points by JamesS89118 (646) from Las Vegas, NV 12 years ago

Not only do we deserve it, we voted for it. How pathetic is that? Just ask a Paki. (no disrespect to Pakistani's)

[-] 3 points by bensdad (8977) 12 years ago

So we can spend the next year or two fighting to convince Americans that NDAA is anti-American
OR
we can fight for something that ALREADY HAS 83% SUPPORT

get rid of Citizens United = 83% support!

[-] 1 points by philosophersstoned (233) from Gypsum, CO 12 years ago

but ronpaul supports Citizens United so you won't see OWS' resident libertarian moles up in arms about it...

[-] 1 points by bensdad (8977) 12 years ago

"When pressed to elaborate on his position, Paul stated: "Well, I think the person who labels themselves a corporation would have equal rights whether they’re an independent business group or a newspaper company." Yes - he supports CU & corporations are people. Just the opposite of like Newt!

[-] 3 points by divineright (664) 12 years ago

The NDAA is a blatant domestic terrorist threat. Thanks Uncle Sam :\

[-] 3 points by IslandActivist (191) from Keaau, HI 12 years ago

I can see it now - protestors or anyone against the government labeled 'terrorists' and then detained unconstitutionally. Did I mention turning normal crimes into terrorist crimes? Heck, there doesn't even have to be a crime for all we know.

[-] 3 points by quantumystic (1710) from Memphis, TN 12 years ago

Where has my country gone???? FUCK YOU COCKSUCKING RIGHTS TRAMPLING PIECE OF SHIT FOR A PRESIDENT I AM ASHAMED I VOTED AND SUPPORTED YOU. I am calling for a nationwide general strike until further notice effective immediate. Let the militarized para military police attack fine bitches game on you are not going to take my liberty while there is still a breath in my body. I would rather die a freeman than live as wageslave in your twisted sick little world.

[-] 1 points by capella (199) 12 years ago

anyone who voted for 0bama wasn't paying attention,.........."Fundamentally change the country",......".energy prices will necessarily sky rocket",.........his long time friends, bill ayers and wright

[-] 1 points by quantumystic (1710) from Memphis, TN 12 years ago

there has been no fundamental change except amongst ows

govt take over of GM, govt take over of student loans, the EPA making laws and calling the regulations, shutting down coal plants making the cost of energy rise. ows, funded by soros, populated by useful idiots who will discarded when their usefulness is over.

not nearly enough change but don't worry the dems will clean house this year. have you seen the pathetic candidates they are running for pres laughable. btw soros isnt funding shit. every coal plant should be closed. epa should have more power, education should be free, the people shouild own all large corps.

soros funds moveon.org, ows, media matters, the tides foundation, mediaite, 0bama,Open Society, and adbusters to name some . the epa is a rogue agency , making laws and calling them "regulations". No coal plant should be closed. Free education? who do you think pays for "free education"? The TAXPAYERS.

please stop being a fool. there have been thousands working towards this tirelessly since seattle '99. this revolution will never be co-opted because we will not sell out. yeah close all the coal plants. the epa is trying to prevent idiots from ruining what is left of the environment. america is going to be changing in a big way in 2012.

Soros is funding ows. You're being used, useful idiots. You can't be co-opted because you're not independent. ows is the reult of soros. He's had you from the beginning.

provide some proof please.

dead link

then type in key words and do your own search.

you have no evidence or proof just like i thought just a baseless accusation. why do conservatives have to lie???

are we playing ping pong? Do you own research. Surely a mind as brilliant as yours is up to the task.

you don't know it's a lie but you would like it to be. what does that say about you? open minded??? not a chance,

where is your proof then??? show me your proof.

too lazy to do your own research?

we should i research a lie?

[-] 2 points by JadedCitizen (4277) 12 years ago

Where was the mainstream media coverage of this? This reprehensible bill got passed right under the nose of most Americans. When is Occupy going to gather at the doorsteps of the corporate media lapdogs and demand they start informing the public!!!!

[-] 2 points by JamesS89118 (646) from Las Vegas, NV 12 years ago

He is an evil SOB.

[-] 2 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 12 years ago

I just had a dream that I saw militarized swat team training outside my house. The next day they came to get me. But then I James Bonded those fools. True dream story. Just woke up about 10 minutes ago.

[-] 2 points by beautifulworld (23769) 12 years ago

I don't think our politicians will work for us, the people, until we get money out of politics. The signing of this bill is a symptom. Attack the cause: a broken political system where corporations and the wealthy have bought our government.

[-] 2 points by ubercaput (175) from New York City, NY 12 years ago

He also signed ACTA for online control.

[-] 2 points by nickhowdy (1104) 12 years ago

We are F*cked, but what should you expect from the Manchurian Candidate President....OWS will be declared "people involved in belligerent acts" and off you go to the FEMA camp...

[-] 2 points by FawkesNews (1290) 12 years ago

A just reward for inaction. If this is not a call to action, there will be no other.

Can you tell what page indefinite detention without trial is on ?

I'm not going to try to find a needle in that stack .

Thank you !

I am sorry I did not get back to you sooner sometimes I get distracted by other posts.

Time , for the most part here , is irrelevant !

I've replied to something a month old .

Oh and ; these are two different links .

I was interested in the exact page from your 1st link .

Thanks in advance .

NYCGA has taken notice of this bill now but don't rest yet we must keep pushing issues about everything. Freedom is a continuous fight against bills like this.

[-] 2 points by larocks (414) from Lexington, KY 12 years ago

who were the biggest supporters of this bill? anyone have a list?

mccain and levin sponsored it. They seriously need their right to live taken away from them.

[Removed]

I could have been clearer, I am not condoning any violence.

[-] -1 points by TIOUAISE (2526) 12 years ago

"They seriously need their right to live taken away from them."

warriorjoe7, I share your sense of frustration and betrayal, but that is a poor choice of words.

No it's not a poor choice of words, these people are traitors to the American people...

I thought alleged traitors had a right to a fair trial, just like anybody else???

If you're implying that we should KILL all people suspected of treason, you have just invented the perfect recipe for CIVIL WAR or, at the very least, MARTIAL LAW.

Hopefully, warriorjoe7 and nickhowdy, COOLER heads than yours will prevail. OWS is totally committed to non-violence and the American people do NOT want to see violence either.

I hope I'm wrong, but you sound like a pair of TROLLS of the "AGENT PROVOCATEUR" variety, playing right into the hands of those who would enslave us...

What you don't seem to understand is that our elected officials and the banking sector are apparently above the laws that they make..So they make laws for the peasants to follow, not for them.

I am not an agent provocateur..What I am is a person who sees the people in charge as the cancer that they are..THEY are violent...THEY have no problem will death and killing... THEY are psychopaths with no empathy for their fellow man..

They don't care about peaceful protests...As long as you don't get in the way of them stealing every freaking thing they can get their hands on..

Sociopaths keep doing what they are doing until they a stopped and that means physically.

As far as enslavement, we are all slaves because we keep trying to work within a system that only works because of our dependency on it.

I will state again that "our" Congress is full of treasonous scum...Our country used to be about Liberty and Freedom..Now look at it.

Things will get violent in the USA..These people who signed the NDAA know it..That's why they made it into law..It codifies what the Patriot Act was already doing...

This is just like Germany was, we are headed down the same path..Fascism..

You see what our police state is capable of...The crap the police are doing at protests is just the beginning of the brutality..The TSA crap at the airports and Tennessee Highways is also just the beginning..

I'm not an advocate of violence, but expect that when people realize that freedom and liberty are just silly ideas to keep the masses going and that we have been in actuality victims of a tyrannical dictatorship..things will get ugly..fast. The violence has begun, and not by OWS all I can say is don't start anything and protect your families and friends..That's all you can do..

BTW..My wife just got TSA'd at the airport..It's the most humiliating degrading thing to see happen..

AGREE with much of what you say... But we must stay level-headed and SMART.... just like Nelson Mandela. Just like Aung San Suu Kyi. Just like Vaclav Havel. They were put through HELL but they kept their cool, they bided their time AND TRIUMPHED IN THE END.

Let's be patient like them, folks. This is NOT a 90-minute cowboy movie. Our country is in dire straits and it's going to take time and endurance and smarts to pull out of this. Through the Power of Love, WE SHALL OVERCOME.

[-] 1 points by nickhowdy (1104) 12 years ago

Definitely not a cowboy movie! Very Good TIOUAISE...I'd liken it more to this: http://mysp.ac/uZ7MFR

We never finished the fight..

If anything we need a savior for, is the tyranny of "The money changers" and the slavery of usury and the governments that use their power to protect this system...

How can we have a "free society" when everyone is indebted to the banks and we have a system that only works when a majority of "citizens" are in debt? The answer is, we can't....The violence Jesus displayed is for a reason and that's all these money changing thieves understand...

Then again from Tolstoy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kingdom_of_God_Is_Within_You

Maybe non-violence is the way....Until it isn't...

The things we are protesting is a world wide system of (debt) slavery, we are pretty much living in a NWO where you have only the right to work (off your debt) or die. It's a system of total control...

We need to fight these bastards one way or the other...Jesus was killed because he rebelled against the system..

I would expect the same treatment from the current system...It's the same system...

It's not just about, this country, America. This fight is about humanity in general and whether we acquiesce to this current system or see it for what it is, evil and then you'll know what you need to do.

Don't mean to bring Jesus, God or "belief" into this...But I think it's part of the story....A very old story.

[-] TIOUAISE 2 points 2 hours ago

"I thought alleged traitors had a right to a fair trial, just like anybody else???"

Did you read the post ?

[-] 2 points by TIOUAISE (2526) 12 years ago

I sure did and I completely share in BlueRose's sadness and indignation !

But I'm also one of those old-fashioned weirdos who believes in trying to UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION, come hell or high water, against all who would ASSAULT it.

Announcing that McCain and Levin have suddenly lost "their right to live" is NOT the right approach... It sounds like a scene out of a bad "there-ain't-enough-place-in-this-town-for-you-and-me" cowboy movie.

I'd agree with you normally under our constitutional rights , but ;

They are the ones who took that right away from us as well as themselves via this bill that they introduced .

So if any of us can be locked up indefinitely without a trial , they should reap the wrath of there own traitorous activities just for subverting our constitutional rights .

Aren't traitors put to death by law ?

As I said yesterday, I'm one of those old-fashioned weirdos who believes in trying to UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION, come hell or high water, against all who would SMASH it.

I do NOT believe in locking people up without a fair trial and I do NOT believe in labeling people traitors without an equally fair trial. I refuse to revert to the LAW OF THE JUNGLE.

During the French Revolution, which had begun with such promise, HOTHEADS suddenly took control and decided to slaughter all of the aristocrats. It was the beginning of a bloodbath called "LA TERREUR", which completely destroyed the Revolution.

The guillotines will NOT be necessary, thank you very much.

Anger, even despair, is understandable, especially on this first day under the infamous NDAA, but this does NOT mean the end of America. COOL HEADS must prevail. Let us be patient, let us be smart, folks. WE ARE THE 99% and in the end our victory is assured.

[-] 2 points by LongDaysnight (354) 12 years ago

Exactly, you don't want to be come that which you fight.

[Removed]

"If it takes a bloody revolution, then get it on now", writes Builder.

I most emphatically DISAGREE. THAT is the surest way to LOSE!!!!!

OWS is committed to non-violent struggle and so am I.

Non-violence is not the path of the the cowardly and the weak - it is the path of the smart and the strong.

[Removed]

P.S. This is taken from a press release by Anonymous:

"We resolve that we will not allow our cause to be distracted by politics, for they wish to use politics to divide and co-opt us. We resolve that we will remain non-violent in our protest, for they wish to incite violence to destroy us. We resolve that we will be tolerant of each-others religious differences, for they intent to inflame religious prejudices to divide us.

Let us resolve this new year to help save people's homes, let us resolve to protect and protest, on behalf of the down trodden and innocent. If you can do nothing else, make it your New Year's Resolution to spread the message, this new year does not belong to politicians, it does not belong to banks or corporations. This new year is our year, the year of the people, let it foreshadow the end of tyrants."

mitch mcconnell was n there? wonder if he will have kentuckys support next go around?

he talked of change in his platform. guess this is the change we can get. come into your home grab ya then take off. hold ya no trial.

We must organize under one goal of removing anyone who singed this from office. I bet we can get huge support for this!!!

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 11 years ago

Indefinite detention was not even discussed in the debates

3rd party debate candidates called indefinite detention laws treason.

[-] 1 points by freewriterguy (882) 12 years ago

i believe that when a free man's liberties is threatened by an unauthorized military say if they invade his home, that that man should defend his freedom and his rights, even if it means laying down his own life in defense, for god will judge between that man and the military soldier that comes against us free citizens.

[-] 1 points by patrickj (15) 12 years ago

This is the very reason why supporting a politician blindly is dangerous.

Let policy speak louder than words.

We need to stop saying, 'blame the other guys,' or 'others would be worse,' if you havn't done the research. These are the same liners as BO's campaigners.

For eg. take a look at BO's record (who by the way isn't a mere puppet; he's close friends with Wall St)

CIVIL HUMAN RIGHTS: He authorized assassinations of American citizens’ w/o trial and pushed for a provision to be codified in NDAA’12 for indefinite detention of American citizens (http://bit.ly/u77kSs, http://bit.ly/rF8fvK). And we all know he broke promises on GTMO and the Patriot Act.

WALL STREET CORRUPTION: BO was the top beneficiary of Wall Street funds (http://bit.ly/58rodJ), then provides them with more bailouts (http://bit.ly/1EYhXs), and then surrounds himself with the very Wall street ppl as his advisors who caused the recession rather than prosecuting them (http://bit.ly/rA8tVN, http://bit.ly/v8NLxa). 8 trillion also given to banks from the central reserve bank under his watch (http://bit.ly/tbjxLN).

ENDLESS WARS: BO's the top beneficiary of weapons dealers, was lobbied by general Atomic (http://bit.ly/tWt4yi) and thus increased use of drones with military spending increased in 2009, 10 and still spends 200 billion dollars more per year than Bush's average military spending (http://bit.ly/tRrGOL); He also funded children armies in Congo and Yemen (http://abcn.ws/vnuXYF) and invaded Libya without congressional approval that ended up helping Al Quada with drone attacks that are known to have severe collateral damage (http://bit.ly/sb40NX, http://bit.ly/uIbA7A)

[-] 1 points by patrickj (15) 12 years ago

I'm glad at least OWS is taking notice of this. the general population doesn't even know.

This provision needs to be repealed and challenged!

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 12 years ago

that is not legal

the president cannot legally sgin away the rights of the people

[-] 1 points by BeatMan (16) 12 years ago

Things will never change until we build a Mass Movement of Independent Chapters where people are educated, become informed and know what they are talking about. Actions are planned when the time and energy are there. Forgot about electoral politics, elections and the bullshit of the Establishment. Voting and that shit is only a diversion and siphon our energy away into things that have no merit and are worthless. We need to attack the Corporations, the Military Industrial Complex, The Banksters. The Politicians are their whores. Occupy Washington DC with non-violent, massive protests. Also their offices in their local geographic areas. FIGHT THE PLUTOCRACY-STOP THE MILITARY IND. COMPLEX. We need 10,000 Points of Lightning.

We need a real push to Occupy congress and not leave till they repeal NDAA 2012.

[-] 1 points by BeatMan (16) 12 years ago

Need to develop a SERIOUS National Political Movement dedicated to basic principles of Fairness & Justice with a Platform with fundamental reforms on: Taxes, Financial structures, Electoral, Legislative with a Jobs Program. Develop 1000 chapters (or so) with dues-paying members (who thereby get to vote, not consensus), education using films, bibliography of books, essays, etc. on plutocratic and corporate control and destruction of Republic (tons of info out there), statistical info, materials, website; local protests to draw attention and build membership, monthly meetings; mass demonstrations planned with coordination; creative and brilliant tactics; strategy to attack non-democratic nature of our system including a Demand for a Voters Bill of RIghts (12 elements including paper trail, public funding, voting on Sundays, etc.); ultimately mass boycotts, strikes, and sit-downs in Wash, DC, Wall Street. Constant presence at banks working to get people to remove money and investments. Building of network of supporters including those wealthy liberals who are progressive and spokespersons who share our values (there are many). Development of films and videos for our cause to be shown locally at colleges and universities where we have a built in supportive audience, also Unions, to minority groups, and the poor.

[-] 1 points by Scout (729) 12 years ago

on Bill O'Reilly on FOX news he was more concerned about showing pictures of f*kcing Michael Bloomberg dancing with Lady Ga Ga than discussing and analysing the consequences of this terrible legislation. There is no hope whatsoever. no wonder they were in such a hurry to bringthe troops back from Iraq

[-] 1 points by MonetizingDiscontent (1257) 12 years ago

:::::NDAA LIBERTY:::::

http://maxkeiser.com/2012/01/02/ndaa-liberty/

(((Pwer to the Peaceful)))

[-] 1 points by aloivnafets (12) 12 years ago

Bump. Wake up OWS.

[-] 1 points by jjpatrick (195) 12 years ago

I think this is something OWS can use to get the general population around them.

[-] 1 points by SparkyJP (1646) from Westminster, MD 12 years ago

I would like to offer up two suggestions.

1 Institute a Direct Democracy "based" on our original Constitution with people representing themselves (my preference) -

http://osixs.org/Rev2_menu_commonsense.aspx

Or.........

2 Support GOOOH (Get Out of Our House)

GOOOH stands for 'Get Out of Our House' and is pronounced like the word 'go'. It is a NON-PARTISAN plan to place citizen representatives on the ballot in 2012, ideally in the primary against the incumbent, competing for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. The members of each district will have an honest opportunity to replace the career politicians who have taken over OUR House and are destroying our nation. GOOOH is NOT a political party. It is a system that will allow you and your neighbors to choose, among yourselves, a candidate who will truly represent your district.

http://goooh.com/Home.aspx

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

Cheers!

[-] 1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 12 years ago
[-] 1 points by BlueRose (1437) 12 years ago

I am getting lots of deleted messages to this post right now, I expect it to disappear soon.

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by bensdad (8977) 12 years ago

With all due repect for my brothers and sisters who created a movement that woke up the world in a few short weeks -

THE WORLD IS NOW AWAKE

marching, signs, spreading the truth may FEEL good
but it ACHIEVES little

We must redirect our energy to specifc ACHIEVABLE goals and actions

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

Here comes big brother flag please.

you guys need to wrap yourselves in the constitution and tea bags. don't burn the flag. burn the image of the traitors-congreess. or burn flags if you must but it pisses people off which can hurt a movement.

http://occupywallst.org/forum/patriot-party-ows-adapt-learn-grow-or-stagnate/

Flag, as in dislike the spammer. I don't burn flags I speak with people it's way more effective. BOT ??

oh, now i get it. hear too. BOT ?--- what's this Robot? no slower elder, sorry.

[-] 1 points by ironboltbruce (371) from Miami, FL 12 years ago

Bushbama has issued his NDAA Signing Statement:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/12/31/statement-president-hr-1540

Here is mine:

Americans must not be distracted by Corporate Fascist Puppet Barack Obama saying "my Administration will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens" in his signing statement for the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012 (H.R.1540). Presidential "signing statements" are political propaganda with no Constitutional basis. A President who breaches a signing statement covenant faces no more consequences than any other corrupt politician who renegs on a promise. By signing NDAA and attempting to give its unconstitutional provisions the force of law, Barack Hussein Obama became complicit with all of the bought-and-paid-for U.S. Senators and Representatives who voted for this bill, and along with them should be charged with Seditious Conspiracy under U.S. Code Title 18 Part I Chapter 115 Section 2384. Unless and until these vermin are arrested, charged and removed from office, I will no longer consider the government they infest to be legitimate. Nor will I respect any ruling to the contrary from a judicial system that grants rights of citizenship to corporate entities that treat settlements and penalties for criminal conduct as costs of doing business with no concerns about incarceration or execution to deter their illegal, immoral or unethical conduct.

No more Left. No more Right. Time to Unite. Stand and Fight!

IronBoltBruce

http://occupywallst.org/forum/ndaa-2012-obama-uses-new-years-eve-as-cover-to-ush/

I can't believe some people think statements affect law.

[-] 1 points by JesseHeffran (3903) 12 years ago

I don't get into this debate because I believe that no matter which president holds the presidency , He, or some day she, would have signed it. You give me a sport where a player would go back and tell the ref "you called that wrong so 'Im going to give back the yards that you gave me." No, the player would take the yards and run. That is how it is done. I am perturbed that congress brought that chicken shit legislation to my President's desk.

[-] 1 points by aliens2012ownyourass (1) from New York, NY 12 years ago

the only thing that needs to be spelled out is how we can get idiot,s like you off this site , because i think you are wall st,

[-] 1 points by Scout (729) 12 years ago

Any law the electorate sees as being open to being perverted from its original intent will be perverted in a manner that exceeds the manner of perversion seen at the time.

[-] 1 points by nomdeguerre (1775) from Brooklyn, NY 12 years ago

The next logical step for the freedom haters is another false flag 9/11. Anyone seeing through that will be labeled a terrorist (along with 9/11 truthers).

[-] 1 points by ironboltbruce (371) from Miami, FL 12 years ago

Seig Heil!

As Corporate Fascist Puppet George W. Bush did so many times before him, Corporate Fascist Puppet Barack H. Obama just sold your rights down the river and left you with nothing but a "Signing Statement" for comfort:

WAKE UP!

Be advised that the paper Presidential "Signing Statements" are printed on carry more weight than the statements themselves. Signing statements - just like our 1-Elite, 2-Party political system - have no basis in the Constitution.

Puppet Obama has filed his H.R.1540 "Signing Statement". In the coming days and weeks, I will be filing mine. For the sake of your children and grandchildren if not yourself, I urge all of you to file yours.

Not Left, Not Right, Not Amerikan Reich,

IronBoltBruce

http://amerikanreich.com

I don't want to create a new thread as this is the original NDAA signing thread. What i purpose is everyone here band together and turn this into the start of a action group. I have never started a group but this group should be an OWS branch specifically fighting against police state legislation and informing people of things endangering their liberty. We can't wait longer, remember we are all on that cough cough "list". I am all ears for suggestions on how to start this group or purpose it to a GA..

By all means, make another post, a call to action TONIGHT. Everyone go to your local Occupy with a sign against NDAA, stand on the nearest busy street corner. All Occupy groups SHOULD be protesting this vigorously TONIGHT.

[-] 1 points by GreedKills (1119) 12 years ago

The administration also pushed Congress to change a provision that would have denied U.S. citizens suspected of terrorism the right to trial and could have subjected them to indefinite detention. Lawmakers eventually dropped the military custody requirement for U.S. citizens or lawful U.S. residents.

"My administration will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens," Obama said in the signing statement. "Indeed, I believe that doing so would break with our most important traditions and values as a nation."

Means nothing. Even the IRS enforces dumb stuff despite court rulings in favor of taxpayers, they say they will wait for higher court ruling before they stop. This needs to go to Supreme Court. His admin is out the door. Obama's signing statement was basically, "This is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you, America." He LOST my vote, he might be gambling on hero status once he and his admin "fixes" NDAA, truth is he should have NEVER signed it.

[-] -1 points by GreedKilIs (29) 12 years ago

It's amazing how stupid many are and what it takes for them to see the light. Vote Ron PauI 2012. Research his position on the Patriot Act and NDAA. He doesn't have a problem with you being black or gay. Do your own thing.

This is the troll GreedKills.

this is the snitch that calls the cops on people walking if it thinks they are too drunk

yet now cries like the bitch she is now that it'll be rounded up and NDAA ass pounded

You sound exactly like the misogynist FrogWithWings, who claims to be a Christian. Go away, J.

Your foolish bitch mouth is exactly what got you and your buddies exactly what you're getting. Rainbow lard. BTW, your Salvation Army wants the clothes back you shoplifted. They do make your ass look droopy.

That is the mind trick, it's in the bill, by signing it it is now authorized.

When did people start thinking statements are part of a law?

[-] 0 points by Scout (729) 12 years ago

but then you need to read the additional fine print that comes after the words

Does it say Phucked by Obama and most of congress?

[Removed]

You know that signing statement will mean nothing when your ass is rotting in some miserable hell fitting for you.

People really don't like to hear this stuff or so it would seem.

[-] 0 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

93-7 Vote in Senate to Indef Detain anyone they want.

People should really think about what they are endorsing.

[-] 1 points by 99nproud (2697) 11 years ago

You are talking about the vote on the defense budget. Be honest and show the vote on the actual indefinite detention language. Otherwise your just a dishonest piece of shit!

That was the vote. If you are talking about the 61-37 vote, here's a link to all the sellout Dems that voted for it... And so much for the presidents promise to veto it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/29/senate-votes-to-let-military-detain-americans-indefinitely_n_1119473.html

[-] 0 points by 99nproud (2697) 11 years ago

So only 16 Dems voted for this offensive constitutional violation. And I guess you don't include the vast number of republicans who voted for it for the same reason you defended the anti abortion religious extremist earlier. You are a republican plant pretending to be an OWS supporter? you're full of shit. Fuck you! you right wing piece of shit!

Ya, 16. They always manage to make it close, keep you fools believing.

Like the turncoat Dems that voted against ending the oil subsidies.

So what city do you live in? What actions are YOU doing?

Im going to assume nothing new or radical. Go back to your establishment mindset and have a nice life. Im sure after the elections everything will turn around for you.

[-] 1 points by 99nproud (2697) 11 years ago

Fuck you again. I do what I motherfuckin please, And I do not need republican plants reviewing and judging my actions. What about a list of the republicans you are protecting? Seems most Dems voted against this republican violation. That is the real story, besides the story that you protecting the republicans. You getting paid by Koch? Lying piece of shit!

[-] 0 points by ironboltbruce (371) from Miami, FL 12 years ago

Will ACLU Take the NDAA Bull by the Horns, or Just Milk the Cow?

This week the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) set up a new NDAA pledge page that reads as follows:

"He signed it. We'll fight it.

President Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) into law. It contains a sweeping worldwide indefinite detention provision.

The dangerous new law can be used by this and future presidents to militarily detain people captured far from any battlefield. He signed it. Now, we have to fight it wherever we can and for as long as it takes.

Sign the ACLU's pledge to fight worldwide indefinite detention for as long as it takes."

http://tinyurl.com/76zzr57

I have not signed it ... yet. I suspect that once I do, I'll start receiving an indefinite stream of donation requests, all assuring me the money will go to fight the indefinite detention provisions of NDAA. I suspect that the ACLU may be gearing up to milk the NDAA issue for donations just as they have the USA Patriot Act, which a decade after passage and despite their efforts is still on the books:

http://www.aclu.org/reform-patriot-act

I don't mind the ACLU milking issues so long as they're actually making a difference on those issues. But I don't see that their efforts made much of a difference with respect to the Patriot Act. And when I asked them yesterday "What, specifically, is the ACLU going to do to defeat the indefinite detention provisions of NDAA 2012?" their answer was this:

"We are extremely active on this issue and are strategizing our best options in moving forward."

I find that answer very disappointing. The ACLU had more than enough time to "strategize" about NDAA before Obama signed it, and they should have been ready to spring into action once he did. I have recommended an effective course of action for the ACLU, which includes charging Barack Hussein Obama and all of the U.S. Senators and Representatives who voted for NDAA 2012 with Seditious Conspiracy under U.S. Code Title 18 Part I Chapter 115 Section 2384:

http://tinyurl.com/8yamv4c

Whether they follow that recommendation or not, whatever the ACLU intends to do about NDAA they better do quick. And if they want my support, they better be doing a helluva lot more than just building donor lists from online petition drives that otherwise accomplish nothing:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

NO MORE LEFT. NO MORE RIGHT. TIME TO UNITE. STAND AND FIGHT!

IronBoltBruce via VVV PR ( http://vvvpr.com | @vvvpr )

Related Image:

http://ironboltbruce.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/aclu_ndaa_cash_cow.jpg

[-] 0 points by epa1nter (4650) from Rutherford, NJ 12 years ago

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS.—The require

11 ment to detain a person in military custody under

12 this section does NOT extend to citizens of the United

13 States.

14 (2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS.—The require

15 ment to detain a person in military custody under

16 this section does NOT extend to a lawful resident

17 alien of the United States on the basis of conduct

18 taking place within the United States, EXCEPT TO THE

19 EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE CONSTITUTION of the United

20 States.

[-] 0 points by anonymouse (154) 12 years ago

I suspect that Obama/Bush are terrorists, let's detain them indefinitely.

[Removed]

[Removed]

Thrasymaque must be brought down he is targeting this thread as conspiracy theory.
"Spam and Conspiracy Counter Attack to Begin in a Few Hours 18 comments 1 hour ago by Thrasymaque last comment 3 minutes ago" http://occupywallst.org/forum/spam-and-conspiracy-counter-attack-to-begin-in-a-f/

[Removed]

[Removed]

Skimmed it. I think the ultimate message people will take away from this is Ron Paul is "not that bad." Does Greenwald endorse Ron Paul? I freaking hate Ron Paul. I agree Red Vs Blue is a joke, but this sounds a bit Ron Paul fanboy. His campaign uses the "us vs them is bad, so go Ron Paul" all the time, I hate it.

[-] 2 points by philosophersstoned (233) from Gypsum, CO 12 years ago

Greenwald works for the Koch-founded CATO institute. Coincidentally, he openly supports the Citizens United ruling on 1st Amendment grounds.

[-] 0 points by FreedomIsFree2 (41) 12 years ago

He doesn't endorse Paul, but comments pretty well on the bipartisan destruction of all semblance of civil liberties and asks why the only candidate that has his position on those happens to be Dr. Paul.

I thought Obama was going to veto it to nullify that issue. He must not have any fear of Dr. Paul getting the nomination, or beating him in spite of this issue if he does manage to get the nomination.

The most straightforward way of putting up a vote for the Bill of Rights is a vote for Ron Paul in primary and general elections, and against everyone that voted for the stinking thing whatever party they may be.

If D's want this issue to stay in the debate, then they should register R just to vote for Paul in the primary, and let that fact be heard.

I believe, agreeing with Greenwald, that this is stuff that is supposed to be shared regardless of party, because it formed the basis for a free and civil society under the rule of law.

Now we have to act under merely the memory of what it was once like to be able to trust that the Bill of Rights was protection.

Now it reads more like a wish list.

[-] 0 points by GreedKilIs (29) 12 years ago

I thought Obama was your main man? I suppose you and GirIFriday can have a box of tissues.

He WAS, I would like to introduce you to the new me, a SOCIALIST!

Rose, i understand why you want socialism it is because you care about people. The problem is that because there is a fixed amount of money, ill use healthcare as an example, they need things like "death panels" ie rationed care. I am not saying there is no place for help but that is your states job. Also you can not guarantee care for everyone it is impossible especially now.

I want to do for the Democrat Party what Ron Paul did to the GOP. Ron Paul infected GOP w far far right Libertarian crap, I want to take Democrat party way left. Many in Europe say both Dems and Reps in USA are far right wing. I want all red state Democrats (at least) to vote socialist, bring socialism to the forefront. Only way to whip Democrat Party back into shape.

[-] -1 points by LongDaysnight (354) 12 years ago

You do realize that if you want freedom libertarian is the path with the most. Also i know you will disagree but the big supper corporations are not from free markets or libertarianism. The phoney capitalism destroyed all the ma and pop shops and our jobs by giving advantageous to select businesses and that by definition is not free market. If you like socialism i suggest you get involved with your state government and its not called socialism but states rights "10th amendment"

[-] 1 points by BridgetTheMidget (13) 12 years ago

But can the states government really provide for the 99%?

As good if not better, remember that you money goes from your state to federal back to you in federal systems, thus wasting money.

[-] 1 points by BridgetTheMidget (13) 12 years ago

Info?

You only thought he was. You got sucked into Obama just like being gay. However, when NDAA pounds your ass, you will find it nearly impossible to get off on it.

Socialism? Take your fat ass to Canada or Death Valley.

I love Obama, but, I'm voting Ron PauI. You will too or you'll be sorrier.

Instead of hating her cause she is gay maybe you should help her cause she is human. Maybe the reason she is gay and i am not saying it is, that there are so many asshole guys out there. Can't leave the women out on that though as it has become phoney women's liberation to become like the asshole / slutty guys. Society is sick and we all need to start to love everybody or at least respect everybody.

LongDaysnight, sometimes I am a 300 lb gay black man, sometimes I am transgender, sometimes I am straight female. I answer differently depending on the point I am trying to make. But thanks for sticking up for me.

My statement had more to do with greed then you, sorry but true. I am sick of how people deal with each other even if i am guilty of it too. Would you not agree that most people have no respect for anyone anymore? So yes i was defending you but i am also defending everyone including myself. That's why greed should listen be the change you want to see, i hate rude people so i will try not to be rude.

Greed take it easy on her please. I think she means well and i don't agree with socialism. The best approach is to point out why socialism has failed and then where it leads.

This is a troll GreedKills: http://occupywallst.org/users/GreedKilIs/ the capital i at the end looks like a little L in the forums, but not the address bar of your computer.

[-] -2 points by GreedKilIs (29) 12 years ago

She's a 300 pound gay boy.

Who cares at all does it harm you?

I don't care. I enjoy seeing the Obama fans writhing because they couldn't read the writing. CHANGE BABY!

Now you shut your pickle polisher and take a whole bottle of tylenol. Don't call me in the morning.

I never supported Obama my claim to shame was Bush. I am a straight libertarian male that supports Ron Paul not that it matters. I see you don't care about the betterment of out society so will just let you fester with your hate.

Yes! Now lets sing Koom By Yah.

Let's

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by foreeverLeft (-264) 12 years ago

They'll probably start the roundups right here at OWS. Every shifty eyed commie in the place will be busting rocks before the end of the year.

[-] 0 points by BlueRose (1437) 12 years ago

Yep, I saw one landowner wanted to offer his farm for a FEMA camp. There are MANY Americans who would love nothing more than to profit from imprisoning OWS.

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 12 years ago

Why is anyone suprised by this?

10 duck veto.

What is 10 duck veto?

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by toonces (-117) 12 years ago

So, are Occupy Protestors terrorists or are Tea Party Protesters terrorists?

[-] 1 points by NewEnglandPatriot (916) from Dartmouth, MA 12 years ago

Anybody that disagrees with the status quo, joins radical groups, basically anyone they deem as a terrorist is a terrorist.

The kicker is they even have environmentalists on that list. That's right the same government that wants carbon credits.

[-] 0 points by NewEnglandPatriot (916) from Dartmouth, MA 12 years ago

What they want is robots that do what they are told - the rest are a threat. Anyone with a brain that functions, protests, solves problems, outside , activist group member of any extreme, etc all are threat and must be neutralized.

[-] 1 points by Satyr000ART5 (12) 12 years ago

To them we are nothing more then livestock. The NDAA, SOPA and the violent crack downs on OWS are the people in power attempt to put us on a shorter leash and to ensure we know our place. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbp6umQT58A

Yep and we will be branded as such when chipped...We misbehave , our license (priv to drive) and economic "credit" account will be deactivated. I will find a way to break this system

[-] 0 points by Mooks (1985) 12 years ago

Some environmentalists are in fact terrorists. They probably should be on that list.

As is with any group, think about it. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Some football fans are terrorists does that mean we should go after football fans?

[-] 2 points by Mooks (1985) 12 years ago

No, that was kind of the point I was trying to make. That you can't just group all people belonging to a group together.

Sorry did not get that from your post. So you think they should use NDAA as long as it's on terrorists? I believe in habeas corpus.

[-] 1 points by Mooks (1985) 12 years ago

It depends on who they consider to be terrorists.

It is, will and will always be against you the "citizen".

[-] 1 points by Mooks (1985) 12 years ago

Why would they waste their time and resources on me? The most illegal thing I have done in the past few years is let the dog off the leash where signs clearly state that dogs must remained leashed. I am not a terrorist.

I don't know why did Hitler, Mao or Stalin kill millions?

And some hockey players are terrorists with a long curved stick... :)

lol

ELF , terrorist group.

[-] 1 points by Muppetmaster (62) 12 years ago

I am a TEA party member...oh well. OWS derided me, my government hates me.

[-] 1 points by JesseHeffran (3903) 12 years ago

Puppet master, If you could see my hands, you would see that I'm playing the world's smallest violin to your sad, sad song. The Tea Party, in its infancy, was a beacon of hope, until it found leaders and was coopted. But that don't mean that their ideas and grievances did not and still do have merit. I just hope they don't go for the nuclear option, Ron Paul. Buddy, for a Republican, does not seem that bad. The rest, well they are Republicans what would you expect? just yanking your chain...

[Removed]

See you in FEMA "summer camp" Blue....

[-] 3 points by LongDaysnight (354) 12 years ago

welcome to camp F.E.M.A where conspiracy turn reality.

[-] 1 points by NewEnglandPatriot (916) from Dartmouth, MA 12 years ago

I do have to say they were performing exercises in May at Myles Standish State Forest, I wish I had a cam with me. I was there - there was a white bus, and a group of actors pretending to want food, holding signs, etc and they made examples out of the ones out of line by shooting with paintballs.

They were using megaphone and saying this is a police control, line up , get on the bus or you will be "neutralized"

It made me sick, there is a Camp, known as Camp Edwards or Otis AFB.

It was decommissioned for military use in 2004, remodeled for "housing" / "detention" / "processing" purposes. and after Katrina those that were processed were relocated up here.

Come hell or high water, I'm not going to any FEMA camp.

That is music to my ears an truly empowered woman. You must work on other females the path to freedom is resistance and education. If you know an areas natural food sources and a few other survival tricks you can live and eat almost anywhere.

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by PileOfSmegAKAZenDog (-30) 12 years ago

Obama IS THE MAN!!!! He saved FEMA and our much needed military before dmoestic terrorist here take over or China or Iran act stupider.

I love me some Obama!!!!

I saw several news stories in the last 24 hours showing an ALARMING number of arrests of people that are domestic terrorists! This bill obviously was signed just in time to save us all from these people.

If you disagree, dem or repub, your just stupid haters and should be detained RIGHT NOW!

Even Chomsky said that the situation in Libya was of a civil war, not a genocide like Rwanda

it would most certainly have been genocide if Ghaddafi had been allowed to over run Misrata

it's wilful ignorance to deny U.S's long history being deeply rooted in the Military Industrial Complex.

I do not deny any such thing it's a bit off topic but goes to the issue of denial re: the MIC / SIC

Now pay attention, because this is how it works:

President Obama signs a bill to fund the Defense Department, though he's upset with one provision that prohibits bringing Guantánamo detainees to the US for trial. He vows to fight the restrictions.

The president registered his opposition in a two-page signing statement issued shortly after he approved the Defense Department funding bill.

President Obama strongly objected on Friday to provisions of the 2011 Defense Authorization Act that prevent the military from transferring Guantánamo detainees to the US for trial.

The president had made a pledge that he would close Guantánamo within a year of taking office, and Attorney General Eric Holder sought to lay the groundwork for public trials of high profile Al Qaeda suspects in the US justice system – including alleged 9/11 mastermind Khaled Shaikh Mohammed.

But those efforts are now stalled.

and the date again: January 7, 2011*

and you can read the rest of the CSM article here

On March 7, 2011, President Barack Obama signed an executive order making a number of changes to policies regarding those detained at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. In a reversal of his previous policy, the order resumes military trials for Gitmo detainees. It also establishes a "periodic review" process for for long-held Guantanamo detainees who have not been charged, convicted or designated for transfer, "but must continue to be detained because they 'in effect, remain at war with the United States,'" according to a White House fact-sheet.

The new policy was viewed by many media outlets as an acknowledgment by the administration that it could not keep Obama's campaign promise to close the Guantanamo facility.

Mr. Obama said the restrictions on transfers represent a “dangerous and unprecedented challenge to critical executive branch authority to determine when and where to prosecute Guantánamo detainees.” `

the rest of this politifact.com article here

Point Being

• this is how they do - attach bullshit to the spending bill. The Congress tied the President's hands early in 2011 with defense authorization that included

• "prohibits bringing Guantánamo detainees to the US for trial"
  • Now we have a new defense authorization spending bill - NDAA - that includes further revision to the policy of indefinite detention.

Again, his hands have been tied by using the vehicle of defense spending bills to push bad policy on the public

He could have chosen not to sign it - and the repelicans would have a field day.

[-] 0 points by PileOfSmegAKAZenDog (-30) 12 years ago

I bet one two feet long and big around as a fat girl's leg wouldn't even cause your eyes to water.

ZenDog, you should be happy now!