Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: This site has been raising awareness since 1999, really good and very current stuff

Posted 1 year ago on Aug. 17, 2012, 9:03 a.m. EST by factsrfun (10721) from Phoenix, AZ
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

30 Comments

30 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by inclusionman (7064) 1 year ago

Very good post

[-] -1 points by factsrfun (10721) from Phoenix, AZ 1 year ago

thank you, and thanks for stopping by...

[-] 1 points by ZenDog (20529) from South Burlington, VT 1 year ago

I think he gets it, and doesn't quite know how to say it . . .

I wonder if I may be of any assistance -

• Human Engineering
  • It's not just for elections anymore
  • It's a KILLER

z

quite long winded,

I fell off by 12 when he failed to realize that poor people are sometimes smart too, talk about stereotypes.....

I think it's a good site, people doing good work each in their way according to their talents...(ok a few have said similar)

My high school councilor told me many times that she could get me money for college if I were a minority, I sometimes think she shouldn’t have told me that.

[-] 0 points by ZenDog (20529) from South Burlington, VT 1 year ago

The statement doesn't seemed to have hurt you too much.

[-] 0 points by factsrfun (10721) from Phoenix, AZ 1 year ago

I guess not, I try to stay focused on the bigger picture.

I think I'm going to see about launching a brand new line of apparel.

Today.

ZenDog Apparel. Tee Shirts you can wear.

Tee Shirt biz is brutal I hear, here's a thought, you know how the "one laptop" people are giving one if you buy one, well how about giving homeless people one, (those that have good corners anyway), for each one you sell, or you could give two for the price of one the condition that the customer give the extra to a homeless person...

and we could see....

which we run out of first....

The product line will cost about $800 to start, and I was thinking I would donate a percentage - provide the customer with a selection, environmental, homelessness, and legal.

• ZenDog Apparel
  • Political Hack.tivism
  • With T Shirts You Can War

Just imagine - a thousand astroturfers show up at the RNC wearing t shirts:

• Global Warming
  • It's right out in the parking lot
  • the repelican party is DONE

z

or . . .

. My Pic Goes Here

• I Want To Be
  • A FreeMarket Capitalist
    • *yeah-ya *
    • you go sweat
    • While I count the cash

z

I've got others in mind.

[-] 1 points by factsrfun (10721) from Phoenix, AZ 1 year ago

The number sounds about right, as long as you stay away from certain things (OWS, 99%, 1%) you shouldn't get stoned, (by rocks), I like it, and if I ever write or inspire feel free, you can take it court, and I hope you do one day.

See if you can do something with this, I feel it is the central conflict in the structure of society.

Conservatries defend inherited power and wealth.

Liberals defend equal opportunity.

I like it - but I think I would redefine what Conservatives defend, because it doesn't seem that defense of inherited wealth/power is all encompassing - not sure.

They are definitely in the business of empire creation - inheritance is an integral part of that process, but within the structures of empire that exist today it is not as institutionalized as in past centuries.

There are a million families in the 1%, they have children, know yourself, and your enemy.

American is among the most class-fixed societies in the world, and there are circles within circles.

It is always about the childern, some fight for their family's good name and foture others fight so their childern will have a chance,

Often after fighting so hard for it, you want to keep it rather than let others have a chance.

Then of course there are the 4% (the sociopaths) I believe they play for their amusement mostly.

That explains the issue with taxation and their refusal to return to historical levels.

It does not explain the entire process that has been undertaken since the mid '70's to install the neoliberal economic philosophy in positions of influence throughout academia, or to stacking the deck at the Supreme Court such that this philosophy receives court approval via various decisions handed down - like Citizens United.

I'm saying I think it is a piece of it - but there is so much more.

Like F=Ma is a piece of dynamics, IMHO.

[-] 2 points by ZenDog (20529) from South Burlington, VT 1 year ago

I never took physics. I wish I had - I've been tempted to hunt around for a high school level book on it, just for fun, but I probably need calculus first.

So this gives me a question.

If the calculation is as straight forward as mass times acceleration, then what if there is no acceleration, what if instead what we have is a steady rate of speed?

Certainly there is more force in a collision at 120 mph than at 60 mph - so the force cannot be equivalent to the mass itself. It must exceed the mass, at a steady, predictable rate, as speed increases within the calculation.

Just curious.

Momentum and force are often confused.

However such a direct connection was not intended. What I am talking about is the need to understand fundamentals in order to insure the details are well focused.

[-] -1 points by GovTheives (-30) 1 year ago

Hey send me about 15 t-shirts with the picture of the burned out hippie "flipping the bird" That will keep my ass wiped for about 15 days. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

[-] 1 points by VQkag2 (16478) 1 year ago

Oh behave!

[-] 1 points by VQkag2 (16478) 1 year ago

Read the website!

That one is gonna look something like this, but I'm thinking there will certainly be others:

============================

my pic goes here

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . it is my conviction that we must stand upon principle. If we cannot guarantee the liberty of our own people as we go forward, what ever the future may hold, then better is it for the rest of humanity that we, here, snuff out the light of our eyes in this bitter contest of wills over the future of this nation, then it would be to otherwise take the fruits of technological revolution and so enslave all of mankind.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

ZenDog Apparel

Tee Shirts you can wear

=================================

[-] 1 points by GovTheives (-30) 1 year ago

We will never be able to stand as one as long as our Country remains divided and this site also shares some of the blame for becoming more divided

[-] 1 points by shooz (26709) 1 year ago

OWS?

It's got nothing on FLAKESnews, Limbaugh, Drudge, Beck and a host of others that have profited on lies.

we see different solutions to the same problem.

At least we see the problem. It is economic policy.

It is from here the divisions begin.

I have several other t shirt design ideas - like this one:

• Global Warming
  • It's right out in the parking lot
  • the repelican party is DONE

ZenDog Apparel

Tee Shirts you can wear

what's Development Mode?

any idea?

glad you see it too, I'm hoping others do; I don't know what it means, I play with them even plugged a few together over the years, but what makes the magic box live is not in my scope of knowledge...

I tried looking at some of the code behind this site - it's not my area either. I know a little css, and I can hack a bit at javascript, that's about it.

[-] 0 points by gsw (2727) 1 year ago

Very Good Stuff!! Thank you for all the great information everyone.

Super Article on Voucher Schools Vouchering an Educational Adventure http://dissidentvoice.org/2012/08/vouchering-an-educational-adventure/

Everyone assumes business and competition always turns our the best "product". . another scam from the shady salesman.

[Removed]

[Removed]