Forum Post: Free Money ( Well Some ) and thriving Free Enterprise ( Abundance of Jobs, Creativity and Security )
Posted 6 years ago on May 24, 2012, 12:28 a.m. EST by know1
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
This is an attempt to further understand economics. Im hoping to attract answers from thinking people who really understand money and economics. I'm asking if
something like this would work and why or why not.
1) world currency ( to lessen competition and iniquitys between nations, but mainly because you wouldn't be able to do whatever you want with the currency (inflate, ect.) if you had to worry about how it would change in relation to other currencies) Lesson the need for artificially maintaining scarcity. Scarce money, sound familiar
2) Stipends to everyone. Money created out of thin air, as it already is now, and stipends passed out, every month, in equal amounts, to every person on the planet, regardless of economic status. ( It's my belief, the world is kept poor through lack of currency. If you didn't pass out the money when playing monopoly, you wouldn't have much of a game.)
3) The money passed out every month would be roughly enough to just survive on, so most people would still work to improve their lot. People who pick the crops would be able to afford a little more, and people who own businesses may be able to afford a lot more. Free enterprize would still be in full swing. Plenty of money for businesses and workers to acquire.
4) All this new money being created could cause inflation, so we would render inflation a non-issue by automaticly raising everybodys bank accounts with inflation, also the amount owed in loans would riase with the inflation, (and probably some other measures as well ). For example, Who cares if a loaf of bread costs $ 100.00 if every body could afford that just as they could when it cost $ 1.00. If peoples savings rose with inflation then inflation wouldn't matter..? The point is, we need enough currency so we can freely trade with each other. A depression is simply a lack of enough currency, a boom is enough or to much ! Too much means inflation, but if we can remedy that then a little too much could be good.
5) But not good in that since most peoples buying power would be greatly increased, finite resoures could be quickly used up, so, for some commoditys there would be a different currency or script (like food stamps can only be used for food) . For finite resoures like gas, wood, ect. only so much script would be created to insur only a responsible use of, but for things we want to encourage like (food), renewable resources, and so on, there would be ample currency.
ps. the money made out of thin air would, of coarse, be interest free (no interest paid to private bankers for all their troble to create it on their computer screen)
pss. we do not need everybody working full time. This should be a great thing, more time to play. The idea that the poorest have to work so hard or go without is ludicrous
p.s.s . Also a cap on how much someone can own
p. s.s. don't focus on the inflation part, thats beside the point. The main point is everbody has enough to live on and there's enough money in existance, and entering the system from the bottom