Posted 10 years ago on Nov. 17, 2011, 2:05 p.m. EST by OccupyWallSt
- 3:26 pm: video of bloodied protestor *warning: graphic content
- 3:12 pm: thousands marching down both sides of Broadways toward Union Square; others taking subways throughout the five boroughs
- 2:38 pm: march gathering to join student strike at Union Square.
- 2:28 pm: videographer reports assault by undercover cop, video coming soon.
- 2:28 pm: surrounded by media, occupiers inside Liberty Sq chant "the whole world is watching"
- 2:26 pm: heavy police presence continues, occupiers undaunted
- 2:18 pm: Liberty Square reopened, occupiers return inside to see blood on the ground
- 2:11 pm: multiple victims reported. Witnesses confirm man tackled from behind by NYPD, bloodied, stripped of clothing.
- 1:56 pm: at least one medic reports protestor bleeding from the head inside the Square. NYPD is preventing medics from helping.
- 1:53 pm: for no apparent reason, police have invaded Liberty Square and began indiscriminately shoving people and reportedly hitting people with batons
- 1:49 pm: paddy wagons approaching; more and more police surrounding the square; no way in or out; imminent mass arrests anticipated
- 1:43 pm: police using metal barricades to seal off Liberty Square; peaceful protestors are being told they are not allowed to leave; widespread reports of violence inside
- 1:38 pm: helmeted police are raiding Liberty Square, batons drawn; they have closed off the entrances and are not letting people in or out
- 1:26 pm: reports that riot police are mobilizing just outside Liberty Square; NYPD attempting to search Wikipedia "Free Bradley Manning" truck