Forum Post: What is Better Individualism (Amsterdam or European Style), Collectivism, Community Censure, Community Review of Adults
Posted 1 year ago on Oct. 14, 2012, 3:10 a.m. EST by Middleaged
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
Freedom and Liberty What is Better Individualism (Amsterdam Style or European Style), Collectivism, Community Censure, Adults Managed by Community Review-governmental body Review-religious authority Review?
There is a decision Point for all Striving peoples, critical to political freedom
The question starts out small dealing with one persons liberty. But the questions expand to a whole country's right to explore and find its own future. One term seems to help, Self-Determination.
I'm dealing with the contrast between community activism in the extreme end where adults might be turned over to authorities for smoking marijuana or drinking alcohol everyday.
On the other side would be where adults are treated with respect and allowed to find their destiny (self deterimination) as long as they didn't come to the attension of the law. But in my view adults have human frailties, there is a wide range of behavior, and the community should not attempt to interfere/manage adults in most cases as long as there are no victims. There is no such thing as consensual crimes.
But I don't have the answer. This maybe a gray area rather than black and white.
What are the Paradigms?
1) Religious, the church doctrine and church authroity determine your fate.
2) Law, performance metrics and employee ratings mean if you have violated the law in any way - you will be prosecuted and authorities will determine if you can keep your kids, lose your job, go to jail, pay fines, perform community service, be evaluated for insanity, treatment, guardianship, removal of individual rights, and institutionalisation.
3) An Education Paradigm, help the person, educate, theoropy, physical theropy, nutritional theorpy, social skills training.
4) Alternative to many pregnancies, males and females can contribute to society through writing, creating documents, and the influence of society by continuing eduation, higher learning, and university work.
5) Jail or Prison.
6) Netherlands or Denmark style democracy. People are seen as human, or at worse sick or deviant, but are given autonomy and the right to self-determination.
7) A segment of Europe believe we are all Humans with the right to live our lives with minimal interference regardless of whether the human believes in Christianity (religious freedom), believes in Democracy (political freedom), is of a certain race or nationality (Equality and freedom of migration), Sexual Preference, Sexual Orientation, and Sexual Interest (sexual freedom), and freedom to harm yourself, live your life, chose your own path in life, explore philosophy, explore the meaning of life without predominant religion approval, explore your sexuality, explore alternative ideologies, explore alternative political systems, explore the history of man and the history of the current political system, explore the background of current political leaders, and explore the world of ideas, books, philosphy, ideology, and radical thought without being abused or harrassed or being charged with crime.
Do you prefer Individualism rather than tribal/group importance? I lean toward individualism. Have you ever been around Small Churches and Small Towns.
Maybe I'm a rebel, but thinking about this makes me believe I am an Individualist or should be an individualist. Do you want people in your business? Do you want all your bad habits spread in the community or work place. This is the fear I think. You may have a social problem or medical marijuana or drink lots of alchol or be interested in alternative political theory. Today's political environment or ...governmental... says all you landlords, all your coworkers, all your creditors, all your business contacts have a right to know... about what they feel are your social problems.
The Fear is that your Country or Community tell you what to believe. Your community probably won't encourage you to explore ideology, political systems, US History, US Covert History, US Damage to foreign governments, etc.
You will be astounded and Enlightened if you start looking up political terms in Wikipedia. Self Determination is not just a principal for Countries. If we as individuals try to become Self Actualized, we certainly want the Right of Self-Determination. And who has the right to interfere or chose our political system?
Individualism is the moral stance, political philosophy, ideology, or social outlook that stresses "the moral worth of the individual". Individualists promote the exercise of one's goals and desires and so value independence and self-reliance while opposing external interference upon one's own interests by society or institutions such as the government.
What is the Threat to Freedom and Liberty
1) Loss of Individual Rights.
2) Loss of Media impartiality.
3) Loss of Impartiality of Politicians.
4) Loss of Economic Freedom.
5) Loss of Representative Government.
6) Lobby for Corporations.
7) Lobby of Wealthy.
8) Control of Educational Instituations.
9) Loss of Legislation that Protects Common People.
10) Loss of Support of the Church (where are they?)
11) Loss of Watchdogs like Ratings Agencies, Independent Audit Agencies.
12) Corruption of US Banking and by extension Global Financial System.
13) Invention of Shadow Banking which is unregulated, a system of unrelulated financial Instruments which will determine the future of the US Dollar and the wealth of common US people through deflation of the US Dollar.
14) Threat of Ignorance, that we don't know finance, don't know business, don't understand that power can rule this country and government, don't understand how the US dollar can be devaluated, don't understand the greed that lives in the hearts of men that can add up to looting corporations and the Entire USA including municipalities, counties, states.
15) Ignorance of the many Financial Schemes that are viewed as benefitial, but which drain dollars from house holds through social implications, safety nets, devaluation, and direct taxes.