Posted 11 years ago on Oct. 31, 2011, 3:29 p.m. EST by DemandTheGoodLifeDotCom
from New York, NY
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
The economy only works for a small percentage of people. Most of the country's total annual income goes into the pockets of a small number of people.
Our government only works for the people who have the income. So the government only works for a small percentage of the people.
97% of the entire workforce makes a below average income. So the economy and government is not working for 97% of the workforce.
The wealthy in this country only have their wealth because they convinced 97% of the workforce to accept a below-average income.
Once the workforce wakes up and sees the raw deal they are getting, and they organize, our current economic order comes to an end.
Because if 97% of all workers demanded that they get an income that is closer to the current $135,000 average as a right or they will go on strike, the system will have no choice but to capitulate to that demand.
Threatening a general strike will bring about far greater change than any election.
The economy must be made to work WELL for EVERYONE, without exception. It must be made democratic. It shouldn't just work for the wealthy few.
Our current system is medieval, uncivilized and barbaric. There is no difference between being ruled over by an unaccountable monarchy and being ruled over by an unaccountable class of a wealthy few.
The current plutocracy must be replaced with a democracy.
This is what we can achieve if we made our economy democratic:
- Everyone in society would be wealthy as a birth right
- You would get paid an income of at least $115,000 per year
- The work week could be cut in half
- People would no longer have to do menial work
- There would be no difference between work and play
- Interest would be eliminated which would cut your mortgage in half
- Crime would be virtually non-existent
- We could fast-track the transition to a green, renewable economy
- You would get paid to go to school, not the other way around
- There would be no such thing as recessions or unemployment
- And nearly every social problem we have would be gone
Click this link for details on what a democratic economy is: