Posted 10 months ago on July 13, 2012, 4:15 a.m. EST by Realist21
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
You guys shouldn't be pitting against the 1%. You should be aiming for reform in politics and in Washington. The rest will follow. The 99% slogan isn't working for a reason.....A lot of the wealthiest people in this country earned it. They were smart and they took their opportunities. Just like everyone else would if they could. They are just like you and I except they are more fortunate in their quests for success. You don't think they care about America or its people? You don't think Zuckerberg, who is no more than a couple years removed from drunk college partying cares about his country? Warren Buffet? There is no boogy man 1%, and as long as there is a monetary system things will be this way. Of course there are some that were born into it but realistically that will happen no matter what. There will always be people with more money than others and they will reproduce most of the time. So quit whining and being jealous of the super wealthy folks. Of course there is corruption with them but protesting at their lunches isn't going to fix anything. It is the system that is flawed. Who controls the system? Washington! Focus your energy on reform in the White House and the rest will follow. RE THINK YOUR STRATEGY, IT ISN'T THE 1%, IT IS THE POLITICS. WHITE HOUSE REFORM. Maybe instead of "we are the 99%" try "we are the citizens". Get everybody on your side rather than alienate fellow citizens. I think everybody is about fed up with congress and Washington. There is major opportunity there. If you reform Washington then the rest will follow...bank reform, wall st. regulations, insurance reform, tax reform etc....