Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: New OccupyNews Blog article about the 2013 Occupy WalMart Thanksgiving day protest.

Posted 10 years ago on Dec. 8, 2013, 3:17 a.m. EST by DebtNEUTRALITYpetition (647)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Here is a link to the story I did on my OccupyNews blog (that also features RSS link feeds to over 150 Occupy blog sites) about the 2013 Occupy WalMart Thanksgiving day protest.

http://occupynews.blogspot.com/2013/12/2013-thanksgiving-occupy-walmart.html

3 Comments

3 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by beautifulworld (23772) 10 years ago

Well, with workers' rights at an all time low it's not surprising that many of the protesters were non-WalMart employees. We can, and should, fight for the downtrodden whether they be us, ourselves, or others.

And, really nice blog with great links and sources.

[-] 2 points by DebtNEUTRALITYpetition (647) 10 years ago

Thanks for the nice words, and I agree. I find it appalling that the video clip I saw broadcast live is not available on the internet as far as I can tell anyways. It really was an eye opener to see the media compromise the protest by implying that "outsiders" protesting somehow devalue the protest. I like the mix of 20% walmart employees and 80% from the public and other unions, nothing wrong with that at all.

[-] 5 points by beautifulworld (23772) 10 years ago

Every American has the right, and I would argue, the obligation, to stand up and fight for the wages of their fellow citizens to ensure that all can live decently.