Posted 4 years ago on July 26, 2012, 6:08 p.m. EST by lkindr
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
- It has been found that prejudice against other groups is INFANTILE.
- Democrats' and Republicans' prejudice against each other is SAME.
- Liberals' and Conservatives' prejudice against each other is SAME.
- See here.
- Psychologist Karen Wynn Discusses the Origins of Human [Stupidity] - Posted on: January 30, 2012 http://mba.yale.edu/news_events/CMS/Articles/7535.shtml [I'm paraphrasing part of this.] In one experiment, a puppet tries to open a box. Another puppet helps the first one. Then a third puppet hinders the first one. When researchers then presented both the helping and hindering puppets to infants and toddlers, babies looked at the helping puppet longer, whereas toddlers reached for it. "It doesn't matter what age or what scenario," Wynn said. "A strong majority prefers the 'pro-social' character" at first.
- Then the children were asked by gesture which of two foods they liked. One puppet then chooses the same food as the child. A second puppet chooses the other food. The children favor the puppet that likes the same food they like, which then influences how they view the hinder/helper experiment. Babies and infants far more often enjoyed seeing the puppet that liked similar food being helped to open the box. And they also enjoyed it more when the puppets that chose different foods were hindered from opening the box. This shows the roots of the adult impulses toward xenophobia, prejudice, and war.
- STOP BEING INFANTILE!
- Instead of seeking only like-minded people in your groups, seek unlike-minded people too.
- Instead of rooting only for your side, root for the other side too.
- Instead of favoring the either/or dichotomy, favor the both/and inclusivity.
- Win-Win is Superior.