Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Do you want Obama to win in 2012?

Posted 12 years ago on Jan. 3, 2012, 12:34 a.m. EST by warbles (164)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

You can vote for him twice by crashing the GOP primary. Register and vote for their least electable candidate that has a chance of winning. Obama will be assured a victory in 2012.

125 Comments

125 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 3 points by ithink (761) from York, PA 12 years ago

If I vote, it will be for an independent candidate. The two party system enables the concentration of wealth. Wealth runs both parties. Choice is an illusion. Our government system is a slave to the culture of the people it represents. Ultimately, if we are going to fix the issue of wealth concentration, we need to stop enabling it.

[-] 0 points by warbles (164) 12 years ago

I agree about voting independant. However, I will take any chance I get to derail the parties.

[-] 0 points by MaryS (529) 12 years ago

Yes, but you have to ask yourself if there will be an independent candidate this time who can actually win (besides RP). If so then great. If not will you throw your vote away to another possible 8 years of Repub. hell? To me a vote for Obama would at least provide a better environment for a third party to develop.

[-] 1 points by ithink (761) from York, PA 12 years ago

That is the same reason that I have been voting democrat ever since I could vote. Because I have been afraid to "throw my vote away". At some point, we have to question whether this assertion is true, healthy, and good for us. I don't think we need an independent party, as much as we need more independent candidates. We need more choices. There may be two party's, but they are both controlled by a small percentage of the elite and wealthy. Yeah, I gave my ten bucks to Obama's last campaign. Then they had the nerve to keep asking for more, more, more... all the while receiving a ridiculous amount of money from big business. I don't blame Obama, but I do blame the Democrat party.

[-] 1 points by warbles (164) 12 years ago

Why don't you blame Obama? He took our future and threw it in the hands of big businesses. He is the same as Bush.

uh yeah, blame the president, that's solved all of our problems in the past so we should continue to do what works right?

He pushed for the bailouts and corporate welfare. It had nothing to do with GWB, although GWB had his own set of corporate welfare.

[-] 2 points by ithink (761) from York, PA 12 years ago

It doesn't matter who we blame.. don't you get it? Our current system will always create a small minority of people controlling all of the worlds wealth and resources. The flaws in the system are fundamentally just that. They are inherent.

So not all systems are like that? Good.

no some are much much worse ;)

[-] 1 points by MaryS (529) 12 years ago

Yes their begging is exceedingly annoying and yes we do need more choices. But the 2-party system is ridiculously divisive and look at what it has done to congress. People are so afraid of change; maybe a third or fourth party would show people that something new is not the end of the world.

exactly. why create another party though? It wasn't so bad when the average views were moderate, but the extremists have taken over. why not just use the internet and open platforms to elect independent candidates. No one has to worry about a "base" and we do not get bogged down into party politics.

[-] 1 points by MaryS (529) 12 years ago

It sounds good. I don't know enough about the subject to really comment, I am here to learn. Again I am just thinking about how people are drawn to voting. They vote for what they feel familiar with more than what they really know; and of course because of what they've been led to believe. They are too fearful and too naive to do otherwise. But the current atmosphere seems better than ever before for new parties to succeed. I believe that is one reason RP has such a following. I will think about what you said. Thanks

[-] 3 points by francismjenkins (3713) 12 years ago

I certainly don't like Obama enough to crash anything to do him any favors. So far he hasn't demonstrated any commitment to liberalism. Either he's saving it for his second term, or he's just another crony liar.

[-] 1 points by Mooks (1985) 12 years ago

America is not a very liberal country. It is center, maybe even a little right-center if you consider the relatively strong influence of religion here compared to other developed nations.

[-] 1 points by thelastlegacy (10) 12 years ago

Not realy, the US is considered to be one of the most far right countries in the western world (in political science, and I am talking about policy) in Europe. Seems true to me (we are not much better though).

[-] 1 points by Pidge (18) 12 years ago

Yes, I want him to win. The Republicans and Tea Party candidates are frankly abhorrent. No one else has a reasonable chance, so, yes, Obama is the best choice. Perhaps by the next election cycle, Occupy will have progressed to the point where a Progressive candidate might have a chance. Voting against Obama now as some sort of 'punishment' will only result in a Romney presidency, and he is all about corporate-think. I am wary of a lot of the anti-Obama rhetoric in this post. Lost of Republicans and Tea Partiers disparaging Obama under the disguise of sounding like Occupy members.

I am not talking of voting against Obama. I am talking of voting against any republican who has a chance against Obama, giving him a better shot. We can work within the republican party as well as the general election to make sure our voices are heard.

[-] 1 points by biteme514 (8) 12 years ago

LMAO. none of you have the slightist idea as to what is going on in the world. You are still babies with no knowledge of actual facts. It's no wonder OWS isn't taken seriously

[-] 1 points by Phanya2011 (908) from Tucson, AZ 12 years ago

I voted for him and will again. I believe he is sincere; I also believe he has had one incredibly difficult presidency for myriad reasons. I am disappointed by the fact that he didn't reinstate habeas corpus, yes, but I don't begin to understand the difficulties he is facing, and I still believe he is able to accomplish more than anyone else on behalf of the people. What we need are like minded, brave individuals to fill seats in Congress, which we have seen clearly has the power to make things happen or stop them. No one can buy our vote if we don't allow them to. All the distorted advertisements in the world will not sway a thinking person.

[-] 1 points by DiMasciosBridge (170) from Washington, DC 12 years ago

I will vote for President Obama. And I PROMISE...you will have wished you had voted for him too after these crazed, nut-jobs on the other side begin their "undoing" of America. I have lived with what most of you are just now seeing for over 45-years and let me suggest to you that things aren't always as they appear.

I hear a lot of talk about "abandoning" the President, but amazingly I hear almost nothing about abandoning ones self. If in fact those who claim to have been supporters of the President choose to "abandon" him this time around, then they weren't supporting him in the first place! I'm also willing to argue that most of these (what I call) GOP in drag voters who voted for him the 1st time are not black. If they were, they'd have known just how difficult this endeavor was going to be. Folks like that would probably watch their own children get beat up and do NOTHING, claiming that they didn't do enough to stop the bullies from attacking them repeatedly...ON EVERYTHING! Typical...Quitters. Do yourself a favor and stand with your vote or you're liable to fall for just about anything. And remember...THIS President has to work twice as hard, while being twice as nice for HALF the reward. Wonder why?

[-] 1 points by riethc (1149) 12 years ago

An Obama second term is unacceptable. I equate it to voting for Bush a fourth time.

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by RedJazz43 (2757) 12 years ago

I want OWS to win in 2012, though I doubt that it will develop sufficient numbers or political maturity to do so. It will take us at least decades and probably several generations for us to learn how to govern ourselves.

[-] -1 points by warbles (164) 12 years ago

You can vote OWS. But for the greatest chance of an OWS candidate winning, you have to derail the parties by voting for goofballs.

[-] 1 points by Builder (4202) 12 years ago

I can't believe any of you still think it makes a difference who is the puppet for the corporate owners of your country. D and R are owned by corporation dollars. The difference between them is a color. Red or Blue?

You can vote for Humpty Dumpty and get the same result.

You get screwed again.

[-] 1 points by JesseHeffran (3903) 12 years ago

I did not vote for him the first time? But The only reason I did not, one, he, was a shoe in; two I did not think it imperative I Register so I did not go through the in humane act of explaining to a court why my civil liberties should be returned? This time, I think I'll do the same. I can't vote, but I do complain. Also, I never felt it was that serious to vote twice. Seems a little crooked.

[-] 1 points by observerhere (5) 12 years ago

I voted for Obama last time and it is one of my greatest regrets. Although there are several positions Ron Paul has that I disagree with, he boldly opposed NDAA, the PATRIOT Act, TSA, War in Iraq, and SOPA. He is at least honest and a staunch defender of civil liberties, but I do not want laissez-faire capitalism, so it is a tough decision. I will probably either vote for Ron Paul or just not vote at all.

[-] 1 points by Rico (3027) 12 years ago

NO. It's about accountability. He lied to us all in order to get into office, and no matter what I decide to do, I will not sanction such behavior by re-electing him.

Can anyone think of a president who behaved less like he promised once elected than Obama ? I sure can't. Heck, Bush may have got us into trouble on multiple fronts, but everything he did was consistent with the man people voted for. Not Obama. Not even close.

Obama had a Democratic majority for his first two years. Where is the immigration reform we were promised ? Why is Gitmo still open? We got out of Iraq on Bush's schedule and then only because they kicked us out ! Worse, we've added military intervention in Libya, are adding foreign deployments to Australia and Israel. Remember how he ran on "individual contributions?" Well that was apparently only because he couldn't get the big bucks from corporate America. He's sure getting them now !

We can't reelect someone who flat-out lied to us about what they stood for.

I'm voting 3rd party. Does that mean I may be helping Romney ? Perhaps, but what's my choice? To vote for a liar ? I know folks will jump all over me for saying this, but I'd rather Romney win than Obama; it seems more rational to have hope in a man that hasn't yet proven himself a liar than to elect a proven liar, and I certainly don't want to send a message that it's OK to be a liar by rewarding one with another term !

[-] 0 points by Demian (497) from San Francisco, CA 12 years ago

Agreed.

[-] 0 points by observerhere (5) 12 years ago

I feel the same way. I am considering Ron Paul this time.

I don't think you'll find him on the ballot, but I suppose you could write him in.

[Removed]

Obama is as good a Republican as Clinton was. Remember NAFTA, Welfare Reform, etc ?

[-] 1 points by epa1nter (4650) from Rutherford, NJ 12 years ago

No Repelican would have appointed Kagan or Sotomayor to the Supreme court. They appoint Scalias and Thomasses and Roberts and Alitos. Ginsburg will undoubtedly retire next term. She is ill and tired. And she will be replaced by the next president's choice

That decision will effect all possibilities for change for a generation..

You want an even more locked down corporate America, don't elect Obama. Otherwise, elect him again, even if it means holding your nose while doing so. The stakes are too high and the potential damage too great to risk otherwise.

[-] 1 points by thenewgreen (170) 12 years ago

I'm not lifting a finger again for Obama. He REALLY, REALLY let me down. I volunteered last time for him. I drove hours (on my own dime) and knocked door to door in Cleveland, I went to his rally there etc. Then after he was elected I drove many hours to DC to see him sworn in and I was overjoyed to do all of it. Why? Because he was going to be a president that would protect my civil liberties... what a joke.

When I penned this I still had hope: http://hubski.com/pub?id=3162

No longer.

I will likely vote for a 3rd party candidate and if that means Obama loses, so be it. My vote will go to someone that I trust and that embodies my values.

[-] 1 points by DiMasciosBridge (170) from Washington, DC 12 years ago

You dont even know what the definition of vote is.

[-] 1 points by Toynbee (656) from Savannah, GA 12 years ago
  • If you don't like what Obama has accomplished, you will really really hate what the alternative would do!

• Obama has arguably had one of the toughest times in decades because he has been met with fierce opposition to (1) his appointments to leadership positions, (2) appointments to the judiciary, (3) proposed legislation, (4) proposed rule changes, and much much more.

• The republicans in both the House and Senate have tried to throw a wrench into the spokes of the Obama programs at every turn.

• Moreover, Obama inherited a collapsing financial structure, record unemployment, two simultaneous wars, burgeoning federal debt related to bailouts and wars and tax cuts for the rich, growing number of people living in poverty, and much much more.

• We all would like to have seen things get better, but I think we are moving at lead now in the right direction. Stop whining about not having it all fixed and back to the halcyon days when Wall Street and big money lobbyists screwed up this country.

I haven't whined, not once. I also haven't said that I expected Obama to have turned our economy around or that he hasn't had a difficult environment in which to do his job. -Of course, you are right about all these things. Still, he has done nothing to reverse the patriot act, my privacy rights are worse off than when he took office. He hasn't opposed SOPA etc. I have every right to be disappointed and if there is a candidate , third party or otherwise that aligns better with my political philosophy, they will get my vote. Period.

A leaders actions (or lack there of) have consequences. President Obama is no exception.

[-] 0 points by kingscrossection (1203) 12 years ago

I would have told you how this was going to go as soon as everyone made a big deal about his being the first colored president. And I didn't say African American because you can't be both. You can be one or you can be the other.

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by epa1nter (4650) from Rutherford, NJ 12 years ago

So you don't care about who gets on the Supreme Court, a far more important and long lasting issue than any ten pieces of legislation put together?

Ginsburg is about to retire. Probably Kennedy, too. If Obama loses, the court will be hard right wing for an entire generation, and nothing, absolutely nothing, can be done to make change for the better.

Good for you. But please vote for someone who might win.

[-] 4 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 12 years ago

Why? They are all bought?

[-] 3 points by thenewgreen (170) 12 years ago

I will vote for the person that best reflects my values and my vision for the country I'd like to live in. Period. I suggest everyone else do the same, always.

[-] -3 points by capella (199) 12 years ago

Why didn't you do any research on your own about 0bama before you you supported him?

[-] 2 points by thenewgreen (170) 12 years ago

Why do you assume I didn't?

[-] 0 points by capella (199) 12 years ago

If you did , you wouldnt have supported him.

[-] 1 points by nucleus (3291) 12 years ago

As if McCain / Palin was a better "choice" ... a doddering old fool who left his brain in a Hanoi prison camp and an airhead pop-tart. LOL

[-] -1 points by capella (199) 12 years ago

by your uninformed comment you reveal yourself.

[-] -1 points by nucleus (3291) 12 years ago

Your assumption is that I support BO is based on my not supporting McCain & Palin. That is non sequitur, and an admission that you are unable to see or conceive of any other possibilities.

who did you vote for?

What makes you think there was anyone to vote "for"?

did you vote for president in 2008?

[-] 1 points by Lavant (96) 12 years ago

I think most people agree it is time to try a third party. So far I like Rocky Anderson. What do you think? Check out Rocky Anderson. https://www.voterocky.org/node/14

Hey Lavant, how are ya? I have checked out Rocky more since you introduced me to him on Hubski and so far... so good. I'm going to follow him more closely. Good to see you here too.

Sounds good. But let's face it, he has little chance. Not to say he's unworthy of your support, you should say you support him if asked by a pollster, but the Repukes have too great of a chance of winning and need us to help crash their nomination.

[-] 2 points by philosophersstoned (233) from Gypsum, CO 12 years ago

no candidate who isn't backed by corporate money has any chance to win - corporate money runs two-party politics and the US electoral process. But what a third party candidate does have a chance of is focusing the national narrative towards popular discontent with the corrupting influence of money.

[-] 1 points by sato (148) 12 years ago

is that even necessary? can any of the GOP clowns actually win? As weak as Obama is, I don't think any of the GOP clowns will take the seat. They are even helping Obama themselves by campaigning and attacking each other.

Obama is doing very poorly versus the more popular GOP candidates in the polls. Romney would likely win if the election were held today versus Obama. Yes, it is necessary.

[-] 1 points by philosophersstoned (233) from Gypsum, CO 12 years ago

Not the case, he loses to "generic republican" but handily beats each of the actual candidates.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html

Um... Is the party's nominee going to be a "generic republican" or an actual person?

[-] 0 points by LetsGetReal (1420) from Grants, NM 12 years ago

Actually, the data from the link you provided shows a close race between Obama and Romney.The most recent poll shows Romney ahead by 6 points.

voter turnout. if you don't like voting for a republican candidate , think of it as voting against 0bama

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by RedJazz43 (2757) 12 years ago

Whether Obama wins or a Republican wins it will be nothing but a victory for one of the two parties of the 1%. OWS is far to small at this point to have a significant direct impact on the electoral process. We need to keep occupying, keep starting new occupations and new GAs. Anything else at this stage of our development is a distraction.

It is racist and not fair to Obama to say he will be the same in his second term as he is in his first. The second time he will be the true candidate of the 99% he promised to be the first time, when he doesn't have to worry about reelection.

Even the best intentioned person in the world, poised to do something common sense and good, will stop when some idiot shouts "No! Wait!"

You really think Obama is going to shut down the American empire, rein in the corporations, and establish a sustainable Green economy? Whattcha been smokin' comrade?

The very worst thing that could befall OWS is for it to become subordinate to the Democratic Party which has been the grave yard of every mass movement since the days of the Populists.

Next term he will, he won't need to worry about the corporations fighting him then.

Obama is nothing but a very intelligent Chicago Democratic Party hack. I don't think he ever lied about his politics but a lot of people tended to project their own considerably more liberal politics on him. Just look at who he appointed as his economic advisors. Wall Streeters and former Goldman Sachs execs. The very people who created the economic crisis we are in.

He got more money for his campaign from Wall Street than did any Republican, which is more to the point. The party of which he is the tutular head is nothing but the more moderate wing of the capitalist party of the 1%. It most certainly does not represent the interests of the vast majority. He is ultimately about keeping this social system, a system which oppresses the vast majority internationally in place.

[-] 0 points by debndan (1145) 12 years ago

I will be voting for newt, and barring his nomination, I'll be holding my nose and voting for Barack Obama

But in either case I'm voting completely anti incumbent. These crooks need tossed out on their ears

Especially in the house of Rep. There the GOP has twice now in the past year held our economy hostage to score political points and gain favor from their corporate masters

They are corrupt. Period.

[-] 0 points by infonomics (393) 12 years ago

No, I do not want Obama nor any other candidate to win. I want the will of the American people to be express in a different way, a way that shouts to the world, we have had enough. I want to see a mock election parallel to the legitimate one, only exceeding it in numbers, embarrassing it in spirit. But this will not happen because the American people have no stomach for it; instead, they wish to go on forever debating which discontent is better than the other.

[-] 0 points by 4TheHumanSocietyProject (504) 12 years ago

I say we vote for Obama. He seems to be stripping everyone from there rights. Lets vote him in so everyone can stop being so apathetic and realize this world is messed up.

No Obama is giving us our rights back from the rich. And will do more so next term.

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by XXAnonymouSXX (455) 12 years ago

If Ron Paul doesn't win then yes. At least with Obama we know he is political garbage. If you get Romney he would be a new face on the global agenda and it might take a couple of years to out him as a criminal traitor as well. What kind of policies do you think you will get from a guy who's campaign slogan is "I'm a business man". That's a rhetorical question.

If Ron Paul doesn't win it will be too late.

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by Demian (497) from San Francisco, CA 12 years ago

I probably wont vote. Or I'll vote for a third party candidate

[-] 0 points by ChemLady (576) 12 years ago

In answer to your question, no I don't want him to win.

[-] 0 points by bensdad (8977) 12 years ago

These four men REQUIRE that you vote for Obama

John Roberts
Antonin Scalia
Clarence Thomas
Samuel Alito

If you don’t believe them,
…………ask Newt or John McCain about Citizens United

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by ronimacarroni (1089) 12 years ago

I'm voting for Jill Stein.

http://www.jillstein.org/

But she's running in the general election. For her to have a chance, you have to help derail the parties.

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by JimBeam (152) 12 years ago

No, if your not uneducated America, you don't want Obama to win in 2012 He will get the poor vote, he will get the minority vote those are givens, beyond that, we will have to see.

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by Kirby (104) 12 years ago

Obama throws a baseball like a girl. No one could seriously vote for him again.

Please be serious. There are homeless people being denied their right to vote in the name of preventing "Voter fraud". There are corporations buying our elections... If we don't rally together as a group and get Obama reelected we will succomb as a nation back to the Bush years.

[-] 0 points by Kirby (104) 12 years ago

Nobody is denied the right to vote.

Really? What about felons? It's just an excuse to take votes away from Democrats.

Felons can fuck off. Dimocrats cheat like hell at the polling place. Every one knows it.

By "cheating" you mean giving every man his right to vote?

[-] -1 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 12 years ago

I'm actually hoping Obama doesn't win. I'll be voting third party. My reasoning has to do with Obama being a fraud, and here's how he is

Wall Street's takeover of the Obama administration is now complete. "The mega-banks and their corporate allies control every economic policy position of consequence. Mr. Obama has moved rapidly since the November debacle to install business people where it counts most. Mr.William Daley from JP Morgan Chase as White House Chief of Staff. Mr. Gene Sperling from the Goldman Sachs payroll to be director of the National Economic Council. Eileen Rominger from Goldman Sachs named director of the SEC's Investment Management division. Even the National Security Advisor, Thomas Donilon, was executive vice president for law and policy at the disgraced Fannie Mae after serving as a corporate lobbyist with O'Melveny & Roberts. The keystone of the business friendly team was put in place on Friday. General Electric Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Immelt will serve as chair of the president's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-brenner/barack-obama-out-of-the-c_b_813027.html

He supported the bailouts of a fraudulent financial system that is extracting wealth from our country and stealing people's pensions and homes. The bailout money was used by the federal reserve to create 7.7 trillion dollars out of thin air for their own private interest, and Obama has yet to do anything about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BXPINPwp4w

Obama's new campaign guy his a Wall Street lobbyist

http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/25/obama-defies-base-hires-wall-street-lobbyist-for-re-election-campaign/#ixzz1cQ6oOt4U

"Is this the United States congress, or the board of directors of Goldman Sachs?"-Dennis Kucinich

The Federal Reserve is not a government agency. It's a private for profit bank ran by frauds. Its a Ponzi scheme where they issue debt created from thin air and then they STEAL your tax money and put it in their wallets and their cronies' pockets. You know those trillions of dollars in government debt? Who do you think pays the interest on it?!?! WE DO! The Federal Reserve has no accountability and create trillions of dollars out of thin air for their own private interests all the while devaluing our US dollar. You don't see Obama trying to correct this fraudulent system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YimTs6Q_xD0

He's bombed more countries than Bush. Countries like Libya, Pakistan, Yemen, Afghanistan... etc

He extended the Bush tax cuts.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20026069-503544.html

He never actually closed guantanamo bay.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/guantanamo-bay-how-the-white-house-lost-the-fight-to-close-it/2011/04/14/AFtxR5XE_story.html

He lied about ending the wars in Iraq and the current withdrawal was scheduled by the Bush administration. And there is a billion dollar military base in Iraq and I guarantee you that it aint empty. The departure from Iraq was required by the 2008 Iraq-U.S. Status of Forces Agreement signed by Iraq Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and then-President George W. Bush and approved by the Iraqi parliament, giving it the status of law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.%E2%80%93Iraq_Status_of_Forces_Agreement

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/26/obama-iraq_n_1032507.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUTYL8HfCGo

Obama also turned his back on whistle blowers even though before his presidency he said they should be praised. A good man in the NSA named Thomas Drake spoke out against a system in the NSA that violates the 4th amendment as well as also speaking out against fraudulent acts, wasted funds, and more... and Obama supported Drake to be imprisoned.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/05/23/110523fa_fact_mayer?currentPage=all

Obama also supported the patriot act, which essentially deletes the 4th amendment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqXmQYHV-1I

He's started unconstitutional acts of war against Libya, which he spoke out against when Bush did that to Iraq.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pVo7-gOkqo

HR 6166 passed in 2006. The difference between this and the provisions in the NDAA is the wording. The wording in the NDAA is much looser as it is "associated forces" as well as the restrictions are much looser as well. Will you remaining Obama fans just agree on the term George W Obama already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU2_S2pK3bo

Obama signed for the indefinite detention of US citizens without trial into law under provisions of the NDAA and "designates the world as the battlefield and that includes the homeland." -quote senator Lindsey Graham who supported the bill and argued in it's favor.

http://www.hrw.org/news/2011/12/14/us-refusal-veto-detainee-bill-historic-tragedy-rights

http://www.salon.com/2011/12/15/obama_to_sign_indefinite_detention_bill_into_law/

“This bill [the NDAA] authorizes permanent warfare anywhere in the world. It gives the president unchecked power to pursue war. It diminishes the role of this Congress. The founders saw Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution, which places in the hands of Congress the war power, as essential to a check and balance against the executive abuse of power. This legislation diminishes Congress' role in that regard.” - Dennis Kucinich

In reference to the passing of the new NDAA the Armed Services Committee released this,"the threats posed by al Qaeda cells in Yemen and Africa underscore the evolving and continuing nature of the terrorist threat to the United States. The Conference Report ensures the United States will have the ability to meet this threat and neutralize terrorists from these groups and conduct effective interrogations." More war for Obama!

http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/files/serve?File_id=23d194d7-78c9-4c57-b2d9-31bc3bb7daeb

List of terrorist organizations our country could start war with and the countries they're in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designated_terrorist_organizations

"This [the National Defense Authorization Act of 2011] designates the WORLD as the battlefield... and that includes the homeland."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzFygkHgi34

Next stop Africa and Yemen!!! Maybe Iran or Syria next? Fulfill that cold war with some Operation Northwoods and go to war with Russia? Who knows? It's the government. It's a threat to national security to tell you the truth all the time.Maybe China a few years from now?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/obama-heads-to-asia-with-sharp-focus-on-chinas-growing-power/2011/11/10/gIQAOsQkBN_story.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/44/post/obama-us-to-send-250-marines-to-australia-in-2012/2011/11/16/gIQAO4AQQN_blog.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01-2pNCZiNk

“We suggest a distinctive tactic for breaking up the hard core of extremists who supply conspiracy theories: cognitive infiltration of extremist groups, whereby government agents or their allies (acting either virtually or in real space, and either openly or anonymously) will undermine the crippled epistemology of believers by planting doubts about the theories and stylized facts that circulate within such groups, thereby introducing beneficial cognitive diversity.” -Cass R Sunstein, Administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs in the Obama administration.

Oh and don't forget about this Hour long presentation in congress about Al Qaeda members being the Libyan rebels, as well as extremists, rapists, and murderers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G0pUEU603Q&list=FLEwSllwonAZBCc7W3e27_dQ&index=42&feature=plpp_video

In case any of you don't like the first video because it's a republican here is super Liberal Dennis Kucinich railing against Al Qaeda in the rebels as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSUnluGSOdM&list=FLEwSllwonAZBCc7W3e27_dQ&index=43&feature=plpp_video

And here is an article on the Libyan rebel leader admitting to having a bunch of Al Qaeda members in his "rebellion" which is actually just terrorism.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8407047/Libyan-rebel-commander-admits-his-fighters-have-al-Qaeda-links.html

And to all the remaining Obama fans, please don't try and accuse me of being in favor of Newt Gingrich or tell me some bullshit about McCain Palin. My criticism for Obama is simply based around facts and in no way means I support a GOP agenda. Obama is a fraud and so is Newt Gingrich.

[-] 1 points by shoozTroll (17632) 12 years ago

Paranoia, will destroy ya.

[-] 1 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 12 years ago

What paranoia? This is a list of facts.

Forget science and reason, I want emotional rhetoric. Tell me why Obama is good so I won't have been wrong.

[-] -1 points by reckoning (53) 12 years ago

Obama is OUT!!

[-] -2 points by SteveKJR (-497) 12 years ago

Don't need him in the WH again - he broke every promise he made. No transparency, no special interest groups, no jobs, more spending - the list goes on and on.

He blames everyone because of his failures yet he loves going on vacation on the dole of the taxpayer - that also includes campaigning.

Okay, but what's the alternative? A Republican? Let's crash their party. Obama will be better after next time when he doesn't have to worry about reelection.

[-] 1 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 12 years ago

What about 3rd party? Obama is a republican in disguise on most issues. Obama has followed through on the policies of GWB as far as war goes. Like his unconstitutional actions against Libya, which Obama spoke out against when Bush did that to Iraq. Also Obama's signing of the NDAA is identical to GWB signing the bullshit provisions in HR 6166. Although the provisions in the NDAA have a lot less restrictions.

[-] 0 points by thenewgreen (170) 12 years ago

How are you so sure he will be "better after next time"? If he had the integrity I thought he had when I voted for him last time, he would have upheld his promises to us. He didn't, end of story. As the Who famously sung, "I won't get fooled again"!

[-] 0 points by SteveKJR (-497) 12 years ago

Vote for someone you think will do the "right job" even if they aren't perfect as some would require.

[-] -2 points by LetsGetReal (1420) from Grants, NM 12 years ago

Obama betrayed the people who elected him the first time around so there is zero reason to think he would get any better if re-elected.

[-] 2 points by warbles (164) 12 years ago

He won't be worried about screaming fascists at town hall meetings.

I'll say it again, what's the alternative?

[-] 0 points by LetsGetReal (1420) from Grants, NM 12 years ago

I will be voting for Rocky Anderson for President. There is now so little difference between the two major parties - in terms of what they actually do rather than what they say - that I don't fear a Republican president any more than I fear Obama.

Then vote rocky anderson... in the general election. But for him to have a chance, you have to vote for a GOP goofball.

[-] -2 points by capella (199) 12 years ago

ABO = anyone but obama.

[Removed]

he didn't betray anyone. he did (and does) exactly what he said he would do.

[-] -3 points by headlesscross (67) 12 years ago

Yeah,voter fraud is the only way Dems can win any office. Look how they constantly oppose any kind of voter ID laws. Libs love regulation except when it works against them politically.

[-] 2 points by warbles (164) 12 years ago

That is not true. It is THE REPUBLICANS who are trying to keep the poor from having their say in the elections.

[-] 0 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 12 years ago

You are falling for devisive media tricks

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by headlesscross (67) 12 years ago

Prove it!!

[+] -4 points by capella (199) 12 years ago

If you're referring to a photo voter I.D. than you're wrong, A person without a photo drivers license can get a photo I.D at the DMV. Not everyone who does not have a license is "poor". What is the problem you have with people having to verify their identity in order to vote? Are you FOR voter fraud?

[-] 3 points by warbles (164) 12 years ago

No! I just don't think people should have to show ID of any kind in order to vote.

[-] 0 points by Mooks (1985) 12 years ago

What is to keep people for voting twice? Or voting using someone else's name?

I really cannot think of any reason not to use photo IDs when voting, especially if the state will provide one free of charge to those who can't afford it. If someone can register to vote, they are more than capable of getting an ID.

[-] 2 points by brightonsage (4494) 12 years ago

Here's an idea for you. Why don't you just mail an ID to the people who voted last time and when they come to vote this time, you take their picture and give them a new picture ID, free. Between now and then, you do your investigation and you catch all of the fraudulent voters. And then you do it again next time. I am sure you will have removed both fraudulent voters from the rolls.

Then you can move on to solving some other problems that doesn't exist. That will keep government small and efficient, just like you like it.

How about standing in everyone's bed room to make sure they aren't doing anything abominable. And while you are there you could make sure they aren't taking some kind of contraceptive pill or are failing to load their gun and put it where it is accessible to children. That should fix the unemployment problem. Of course, we couldn't pay them as much as the minimum wage and there wouldn't be any benefits. Oh, and then they could drug test all of the folks that don't get unemployment, because they use drugs at four (4) times the rate that people on unemployment do. We are trying to catch all of the drug users that we can, aren't we?

Stuff like that.

Either catch them or supply them with enough drugs that the problem solves itself.

[-] 1 points by brightonsage (4494) 12 years ago

That would work, unless you were in love with the problem. Call me cynical, but I'll bet some of them are.

Since you clearly haven't voted, and don't understand the registration and sign-in procedures, you are in no position to talk about voter fraud.

The real fraud is not with people voting twice, it is with people being denied the right to vote (which is what photo ID is all about). The real fraud is money in politics, gerrymandering, and electronic balloting.

See this congressional testimony on election rigging:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10xa6_election-hackin-clinton-curtis-test_news

I just think the whole debate is rather silly. If it was back country red necks instead of inner city blacks who didn't have IDs I bet each party would flip flop positions on the issue in a heartbeat.

Sounds good to you....

you're not living on food stamps, in public housing, with no car and the closest DMV is 15 miles away, and you weigh 300 pounds because someone thought it was a good idea to deregulate the food industry and let them pump out fattening junk.

So what is to keep from going to vote and telling them that I am you?

So what if people do vote twice? I don't care as long as they vote for Obama. Do you agree with Malcom X's quote about "any means necessary"?

You really think that Obama is worth making our elections fraudulent?

Obama is worth anything we can do to help him win.

Oh, a left-wing troll. Usually they come from the right haha

It would be harder for libs to vote more than once. Get it?

Why not?

So you are for people voting repeatedly?

Do people try to vote twice now? What indicates they would if we stopped making them show ID?

[-] -3 points by PileOfSmegAKAZenDog (-30) 12 years ago

Obama 2012 YES! He had the balls to do the right thing with every piece of legislation he has signed. NDAA was absolutely necessary and I'll be damned if wasn't signed JUST IN TIME! Today alone I saw three news stories on TV where police arrested DOMESTIC TERRORISTS!

Now Obama had to know what is going on. That guy in California that just started burning stuff, I bet the predator drones read his thoughts and perhaps he'll be indefinitely detained without any charges other than being a REPELICAN DOMESTIC TERRORIST!

Seriously, watch the news you idiots, you'll see more and more domestic terrorists springing out everywhere and scurrying about like cock roaches when the lights get turned on.

I'm grateful Obama could get NDAA through despite a hostile congress and senate. Maybe you fools will see the light too unless you too are a bunch of DOMESTIC TERRORIST cock roaches.

https://www.google.com/search?q=domestic%20terrorist%20arrested&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np

[-] -2 points by mediaauditr (-88) 12 years ago

Zen Dog, how much do you make being an Obama stooge?

[Removed]