Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: 9/08/2012 an open letter to the Gov. & the PEOPLE. Presidential Speech at the DNC.

Posted 11 years ago on Sept. 8, 2012, 3:35 p.m. EST by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Sent this day 9/08/2012 An Open Letter Addressed to The President of the United States of America and to all of the currently seated members of Government and to all of the citizens of the USA to the people of the world and to all governments. Please Handle and deliver/share as you would a letter delivered by the USPS.

Mr. President and all currently seated members of Government and to all the citizens of the USA, to the governments and people of the world.

1st let me state that these letters I send to you I also send out on social media to all of the citizens of the USA to read as well - and I suppose it could be considered as open letters to the world also.

Anyway today's subject: Presidential speech at the DNC

I have got to admit - You Mr. President can give one Fine Speech. Very Stirring Motivational Patriotic Inspiring.

But that being said.

I have to ask.

Are you out of your Mind? Are you truly insane or just sadly uneducated and misinformed?

What you ask?

I have to say - it is quite obvious that you are either insane or are very misinformed on proceeding with pushing the use and extraction of fossil fuels, or even worse you are under the thumb of the fossil fuel industry.

1) There is no such thing as clean coal. Emissions from burning it may be cleaned up. But the waste - the ash is still every bit as toxic. The ash dumps are huge and they are polluting the ground around them and the ash blows off and pollutes more area air land and water. We have huge coal ash dumps all over the USA and these things need to be cleaned-up in some way.

2) Do you really have no clue as to the Damage that is caused by Fracking? Damage directly to the surrounding environment and the water table. What happens when the aquifers become polluted? When there will be no clean water for Drinking or Bathing or for MOST IMPORTANTLY for IRRIGATING Crops? Are we gonna have a new industry of trucking water to fracking devastated areas? Fracking is also notorius for polluting the air during the process. Do you ever see, listen to or speak with environmental scientists?

We can not continue with the use of fossil fuel - PERIOD.

Yet - There you are up on the stage talking about it like it was the next best thing since the invention of presliced loaf of bread.

Get A Grip !!!!!

On What ????

REALITY

We need to end the use of fossil fuel as of TODAY - NO MORE NEW FOSSIL FUEL PROJECTS.

BTW - I forgot to mention - Bio-Fuel. This is not an option as Bio-fuel also pollutes - creates CO loosed into the atmosphere.

You need to be championing true green power and fuel technology. You should be pushing it like our lives depended on it. BECAUSE THEY DO.

You should be pushing implementation of thorium reactors and power generation that uses Hydrogen fuel cells and transportation with totally clean emissions = Hydrogen fuel cell cars trucks Bus's - all manner of transportation.

You should be pushing wind and solar power and power storage/distribution in liquid metal batteries.

Fossil fuel is killing us is killing this world. It is not needed any longer and is a threat to all life.

We Have The Technology - RIGHT NOW - to replace fossil fuel.

Do it - Use it - Require it. Create new jobs in a healthy Industry and then export this clean and peace promoting technology to the world.

I have in the past given you a couple of useful links to look at - as to some of the things that are immediately available to do - make use of. I am attaching them again - perhaps you will avail yourself a moment to check out the information - before you continue with the destruction of the world through use of fossil fuels.

Do You realize that this is likely to be the hottest year on record to date?

We have the technology - we have the capability we certainly have the need.

It is all here and ready to use - and this is just what I have stumbled across.

Spread the word.

Green Tech. New and improved - now with Liquid Metal Battery for efficient power storage and distribution.

This is where we should be going: Green Energy we have the technology we just need to use it. This is what I am talking about. A clean future to be implemented NOW!

http://www.hopewellproject.org/

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/12/ff_new_nukes/all/1

FuelCell Energy http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/news/progress_alerts.cfm/pa_id=600

You have got to watch this vid: The liquid Metal Battery - another piece to the puzzle.

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/donald_sadoway_the_missing_link_to_renewable_energy.html

Additional Liquid Metal Battery links.

http://lmbcorporation.com/

http://lmbcorporation.com/files/flyerFinal.pdf

Support green energy technology - industry - jobs. Save our world save our economy.

Rework free trade agreements as they are currently detrimental to the Business, Employment, Economic and Environmental health of the USA and in extension the world.

Put an end to outsourcing for Profit over People and the environment.

Stop world wide corporate abuses of people and environments.

Give this some serious thought/consideration.

People if you would like to contact the President and share your thoughts on this subject or on any other subject.

http://www.barackobama.com/contact-us/ or email info2012@barackobama.com

You can also make contact here:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments

30 Comments

30 Comments

Read the Rules

[Removed]

[+] -4 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

No I know you would not advise such - as you are a fighter and fighters don't lay down and say - OH What the Hell.

Yes we ( USA & World ) need to get busy like our lives depended on change - immediate change - as our lives our future does depend on it.

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

I have a chance like the guy that won the lottery

[-] 1 points by marvelpym (-184) 11 years ago

Nice one, DK.

[-] 0 points by Nevada1 (5843) 11 years ago

Add to fracking, all this Monsanto/Pfizer food crop destruction issue, and they have closure.

The Monsanto monster is another definite issue. As is kicking the wallstreet criminals out of the white house staff.

Please write it out and post it here - if you do not want to send it out - give me your permission and I will.

[-] -1 points by Nevada1 (5843) 11 years ago

Good morning DKA,

Check out the Renneye post about Hungry Ousting Monsanto and IMF. Some ctitical info there. Monsanto/Pfizer now owns FDA.

Also, never hesitate to use anything I post.

I saw that post - Hungary another country to stand up and say Hell No - it is great and inspiring. Thanks for giving me your permission - now write me a smokin letter or a thousand that I can send out. {:-])

[-] 0 points by VQkag2 (16478) 11 years ago

We need the change you espouse here.

The right goals DK!

Please feel free to write your own letter post it here "and" send it off to the government.

[-] 1 points by VQkag2 (16478) 11 years ago

thx

No prob I am advocating that everyone should sound off - and share it with the public.

[-] 0 points by VQkag2 (16478) 11 years ago

Cool

[-] -3 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

Mr. President - R U INSANE???

[-] 0 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

No, he just doesnt choose the 170k contract over the multi million dollar one.

No one else want to critique the presidents speech or stated agenda?

I think the public needs to hear it. I think the pres needs a real call to reality/sanity.

It is up to those of us who are aware - awake - to help everyone to wake-up.

[-] 1 points by JasperAdams (12) 11 years ago

nobody i met in occupy cares what the president has to say. or any other politician for that matter. we should be creating a better world for ourselves. isn't it the point of occupy that the system is broke beyond repair?

[-] -3 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

No that would be your perspective ( broken beyond repair ).

The idea ( as you well know ) is to communicate on open social media to as many people as we can - to get them thinking and involved. It is also to get people to voice their displeasure to their government.

my GA experience is different. our occupation in dublin was about grass roots activism. we protested instead of playing the political game. we never talked about politics. relying on politicians was the last thing on our minds.

[-] 4 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

I brought in a list of demands at OT at the Saturday night GA and the place went fuckin nuts. I figured that was what was going to happen, but thought it needed to be done.

demands go against occupy. we do not want to legitimize the government, we want to bring it to it's knees.

[-] 4 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

I understand that. But I thought the experience of forcing that discussion upon everyone at one time was worth my being brutally attacked in front of everyone.

Especially since we were in the ampitheater, so everyone is literally above you yelling down at you :)

Great discussions followed, so I was glad I did it. I can take a beating like a champ haha.

generating discussion is always good.

[+] -5 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

All occupation groups "do" vary.

This forum varies in that it is on the internet and can reach out to anyone around the world. It is a gr8 place to share information as well as strategies and action items that can proliferate over the internet to every group and to individuals that have not yet gotten involved.

[-] 1 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

He's full of shit. It's the same speech as four years ago.

Wheres the marriage equality proposal? Gitmo? Bombed 6 nations in 4 years? MF Global and Jp still ripping off people. No real legislation against the banks proposed?

I thank him for opening up my eyes and forcing me to dig deeper than the talking points. The people that support his nonsense are decreasing. The ones who understand this system are increasing.

Please feel free to write your own letter post it here "and" send it off to the government.

[-] 1 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

It would read something along these lines:

ARe you full of shit? Or just a really bad leader? Either one, you are useless to those that you claimed to be representing 4 years ago.

If it is the latter, it would at least help me to not feel so damn pissed that even the smallest changes havent happened. And possibly restore a slight shread of faith in this corrupted system.

[+] -5 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

So you have a start flesh it out and send it off.

[-] 2 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

Did you catch the letters those two NFL players sent to the Democrat in MAryland? About gay marriage?

Hysterical. Maybe I'll do something along those lines.

Chris Kluwe? yes I saw that. It was a good chastisement.

Hell pick your topic there are plenty of them.

Write em out and send em off the links for the pres are above. The links for social media are there on the left side of the page.