Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: 6000 Retail Stores Closing------

Posted 8 years ago on May 6, 2015, 1:02 a.m. EST by Nevada1 (5843)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

49 Comments

49 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by Nevada1 (5843) 8 years ago

This is a big story. Seems to be no mention on MSM yet.

[-] 2 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 8 years ago

Surprise?

No - I know - not at this point in time - except for all of those with their heads buried in the sand.

Things are accelerating.

[-] 3 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 8 years ago

And otherwise Renneye's post about the TESLA battery announcement would be so great. http://occupywallst.org/forum/tesla-introduces-batteries-for-homes-businesses-ut/

BUT - MY GOD - with TPP in place insane fossil fuel assholes could sue for loss of profits and future income. AARRHHHHHGGGGGGGHHHHHH

[-] 3 points by turbocharger (1756) 8 years ago

Thats what you get with Dems and Reps. Always have, always will. Its why they have both had power for 100 years. Its not an accident.

Do you agree?

[-] 0 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 8 years ago

Thats what you get with Dems and Reps. Always have, always will. Its why they have both had power for 100 years. Its not an accident.

Do you agree?

No I don't - see my other comment = http://occupywallst.org/forum/6000-retail-stores-closing-/#comment-1058686

[-] 2 points by turbocharger (1756) 8 years ago

Oh wittle danny boy is getting upset because someone is making fun of his wittle Democrats?

You are an easily played Dan. You always have been, and most likely will be until you kick the bucket.

Hopefully when your generation is finally too senile to vote things will start to change, because this nonstop parade of MSM garbage will start to cease to exist.

In the meantime, keep clinging to some shit that never existed.

[-] -1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 8 years ago

See? This is why people do not bother to try to have a discussion with you.

You are unable to deal with reality.

So continue to bark at the moon you insane fanatic.

Run along now and see if you can get in for a flea dip.

As you are one that endorses murder, rape, pillaging and an undying loyalty to Israel and the financial system that it runs.

Right, I'm the fanatic. Youre so insanely loyal you openly endorse the destruction of the planet and the people on it, all because you have been trained to, and cannot see anything outside of that very narrow vision you have.

I think the dog was that slimeball that used to spit all of the racist and sexist nonsense on here that you decided to tolerate... since he like his wittle Dems too.

See the stuff you are willing to tolerate? They got you right by your nuts and your too busy in your own little world to notice.

As you are one that endorses murder, rape, pillaging and an undying loyalty to Israel and the financial system that it runs.

Go FUCK Yourself - I have never supported the atrocities committed by Israel.

You go and find and copy and paste the links to where you feel I have.

You Can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BECAUSE YOU ARE A BLATANT LIAR.

You have absolutely NOTHING to support your fanaticism - SO - your only recourse is to attack Me with false accusations.

[-] 3 points by turbocharger (1756) 8 years ago

Ya right, just like you think a few Dems bailing on them means you ain't rolling with them as well.

I watched you ban people for expressing their views on them for a long long time. You aren't fooling anyone with your lame ass "oh I'm a liberal" rhetoric. You're a tried and true neocon and the actions you endorse only further prove it.

I watched you ban people for expressing their views on them for a long long time.

And you are still here because.........................why?

At the end of the day, you support a company who does in fact believe that.

Which makes you complicit.

Which makes you part of the problem.

Congrats you dufus, you are another useful tool on a planet of 7 billion humans.

Whatever rabid clueless fanatic - now go play in traffic.

[-] 1 points by turbocharger (1756) 8 years ago

At least you didn't deny it.

Are you one of "gods choosen people"? lol.

[-] -1 points by turbocharger (1756) 1 minute ago

And you go back to endorsing war, poverty, crime, destruction, etc.

You are the epitome of what shouldn't happen if people want real change.

↥twinkle ↧stinkle permalink

Again = YOU HAVE NOTHING. Nothing but feces attacks that you can not back up with any evidence.

I'm so sorry for you (NOT) - that you are not able to present reality based defense for your fanatical claims. It really is sad that you can't back up your claims - yet you insist on repeating them endlessly.

You support Democrats and you support Israel.

If you don't, feel free to denounce them both harshly right here.

Otherwise, its just the same as you always were. Another zionist supporting fake liberal who only likes the drama. Willing to support the most horrific policies and countries just to stay part of the club.

(Some can't understand that voting is support. They are just too fuckin dumb to grasp that, the most basic aspect of a democracy).

Have fun with your masters danny boy. Wall St, Israel and the War Machine thank you.

Go back to chasing parked cars - that way you won't be taxing your meager mental resources - and - you may actually catch some.

And you go back to endorsing war, poverty, crime, destruction, etc.

You are the epitome of what shouldn't happen if people want real change.

[-] -1 points by turbocharger (1756) 0 minutes ago

You support Democrats and you support Israel.

If you don't, feel free to denounce them both harshly right here.

Otherwise, its just the same as you always were. Another zionist supporting fake liberal who only likes the drama. Willing to support the most horrific policies and countries just to stay part of the club.

Have fun with your masters danny boy.

You continue with your endless feces attacks. You have nothing to support your claims so you try to turn it back on me.

Let me share a thought with you that I shared with the one who makes you feel so threatened = Bernie Sanders:

http://occupywallst.org/forum/its-all-about-the-hag/#comment-1058577

Now come up with something to factually back up your - to this point in time - feces attacks - OR - just shut-up and see if you can find something positive to contribute to this site - and no that would not be more of your fanatical ravings.

Yes, TESLA battery wonderful. And yes, corps will sue in a never ending way.

[-] 1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 8 years ago

And yes, corps will sue in a never ending way.

.02 cents per killowatt hour? You bet they would have a gibbering foaming at the mouth breakdown prior to calling in the corp(se)oRATion military to kill everything in sight.

[-] 1 points by Nevada1 (5843) 8 years ago

Exactly----To Kill

Well they don't want to pay a living wage - SOoooooooo - it would make it easier - no wait wait - brain fart - I was gonna say - to kill off - in their estimation - the population surplus - BUT - HELL - that would ruin their scam of slave labor jobs because jobs are hard to come by..........

Well like we have been stating on various topics concerning corp(se)oRATions and business practices in general - INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people need to rally together and figure out how to run the basics of society in a manner that results in living wages.

As it stands right now, that is the last thing gubment wants.

Sure let's have a rally - thousands of em even - BUT GOD FORBID THAT WE SHOULD UNITE TO REMOVE THOSE FROM OFFICE THAT ARE WORKING AGAINST US - BY VOTING EM OUT.

And replace them with who?

Thats generally the most important part. Selling your junker car and going out and doing the same stupid move again only further wrecks your life.

You mean that you are not campaigning for Cynthia McKinney ?

Looking for the overall replacement strategy, not a one person solution to one seat/space.

[-] 0 points by turbocharger (1756) 12 minutes ago

Actually massive change is usually done with the endgame in mind, then worked backwards, etc.

Simply replacing people is meaningless if you aren't harvesting the replacement in the proper manner.

Again, think of replacing the junker. Yes, it needs to go. But what are you going to to do to assure you don't have another junker?

OHhhhhh...............I don't know...................hmmmmmmm...........how about do not elect another rethuglican? Nor a dem who is a rethuglican.

Because - YES - despite your continuing fanaticism that both parties membership is the same - that is a blatant lie - or we wouldn't be having this conversation - as - we would not have the internet access needed.

So again we end up with the same structure in power as currently.

Man, you ain't too bright are ya?

Look, a squirrel!

Looking for the overall replacement strategy, not a one person solution to one seat/space.

That generally starts somewhere - like with a single individual - start a list add a second individual - then a third individual.......................

I mean what else should people do at a rally if not present alternatives to what we currently have?

You just want to hold group venting sessions?

Actually massive change is usually done with the endgame in mind, then worked backwards, etc.

Simply replacing people is meaningless if you aren't harvesting the replacement in the proper manner.

Again, think of replacing the junker. Yes, it needs to go. But what are you going to to do to assure you don't have another junker?

340 dollar stores closing?

Hhmmmmmmm - and that's one that I thought would be seeing booming business.

But - basically - anyone who has not foreseen the collapse of retail businesses coming - have not been paying attention to the fact of the skyrocketing income inequality. Have not been able to add one and one - and see that full time workers who need public aid to keep a roof over their heads will not have money to spend in retail business's.

And these blind business people and people in government think that passing the TPP is gonna help them - sure - I suppose - as long as they don't need to make sales here in the US of A - where people are earning less and less and are needing more and more public assistance just to have a roof over their heads.

WTF ever happened to great business minds? The current batch all seem to be suffering from some sort of terminal brain rot.

The Bohemian Groves freaks run the world. They have squeezed us as much as they can, and are now bailing out.

Freaks - YES - Psychotic - Sociopathic - insane - murder suicide FREAKS. That will be a lock if TPP gets passed.

Agree---Checkmate.

( EDIT ) Checkmate? - GAME OVER - till the last survivors take up arms and start a shooting war in protest?

And the peoples champion (NOT) B Oh-bummer took over the letterman show last night to hype the TPP to the public. People you know that he is not stupid - so you have got to know that his push for handing over this country to the multinationals - IS - ON PURPOSE!

EDIT-> I think that at one point in the love fest during a commercial break - that the crew had to call in paramedics to help get Dave's tongue out of his ass.

Paramedics had to pull hard. And regarding multinationals, UN vehicles are here.

I think that Dave's tongue was just a fraction away from being pulled out by it's roots.

UN vehicles are here.

Aren't they GM? One of the imported (off-shored) kind? Velveeta doors and floor boards?

Agree,

And one of the current insane factors - are those - outside of the system fanatics - that can't even agree to unite and remove all rethuglicans from office along with their turncoat dem buddies. NO - these insane fanatics spout to the public = WALK AWAY ( because THAT will make a BIG difference = NOT). Because - HEY it's all a duopoly - even though at this point in time - for some odd reason of (to their apparent perspective) chance - that the totally bought ( to their point of view) government has not yet rounded-up them and the rest of us all into slave labor encampments.

Well Said. Not going to get chipped, and not going to Hitlary fun camp.

I like my chips made out of potatoes and at times with a bit of salsa or a ranch dip or something. F'n Hitlary - and we have SO-CALLED (by themselves) Progressive groups that are actively campaigning for the HAG.

Be sure to watch the following YouTube clip directly after the one you attached = Think It’s Bad Now? You Ain’t Seen Nothin’ Yet: Hillary Wants Fun Camps, FEMA Domes, Nuclear War (it comes up automatically after yours finishes).

And yet where is the fight for a 40 hour work week and a living wage that would allow families to have vacations and year around quality time together. Where is the fight to stop exporting work over seas to slave labor countries. My GOD how gullible are people? THEY BUY INTO THIS CRAP!

How many jobs do you think are lost from 6000 closings?

Minimum 4 per store ? (manager 1st shift and assistant manager 2nd shift and slave labor rotating shifts to add to the abuse - 6 with a 3rd shift and the addition of a low paid supervisor?) but more likely over 10 per store as nobody has an 8 hour business day and few are not open less than 7 days a week 365 days a year - so actually with 24 hours per day and 365 days per year with an operations manager an assistant manager and a glorified supervisor..then 6 would be an absolute minimum - 1to1 boss to slave ratio - welllllll 3rd shift would be more like poorly compensated bosslave to slave ratio.

But really no way to tell the size of some of these stores - SO - 60,000 lost jobs could be a very low guesstimate.