Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: 12/21/2012 is the shortest day of the year after that things start to warm in the Arctic.

Posted 11 years ago on Dec. 18, 2012, 11 a.m. EST by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Someone posted a link that said a monk told his followers that starting on 12/21/2012 the power would go out and lots of other bad things over two weeks then slightly less bad things over the next two months.

We will know soon enough if there’s anything to that, but it got me thinking and looking at this chart I do think the two weeks following 12/21/2012 will be very important as will the next two months, things may really be happening right now, almost like the movies.

http://www.ijis.iarc.uaf.edu/en/home/seaice_extent.htm

24 Comments

24 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ 11 years ago

The 2009 report was wrong, it underestimated the warming.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/24/science/earth/west-antarctica-warming-faster-than-thought-study-finds.html?_r=0

If you check the posted link you can see this may be the lowest refreeze on record too.

[-] 1 points by Clancy (42) 11 years ago

Nothing is going to happen, if to believe in the Mayan calendar then you are horribly uninformed about it. Top Mayan cultural and Archeological experts say that the clock runs on a cycle and that there is no evidence that shows the world will end on that day. By the way what religion was the monk from?

[-] 0 points by factsrfun (8310) from Phoenix, AZ 11 years ago

I think you missed the point, I point out that it's interesting that we are seeing the full melting of the Arctic ice at around the same time of the Mayan thing I don't know if the Galactic Ellipsis will "change" anything or not, but the Arctic Ice melting will for sure.

There is a tipping point to things right when you reach that tipping point you may not know that you have for instance this may very well be the year we hit the tipping point on climate change and the Arctic ice melt is just a sign if you will.

[-] 1 points by jrhirsch (4714) from Sun City, CA 11 years ago

The arctic doesn't begin to warm for 3 months, and you base your statement on the hearsay from a Monk?

Get back to reality. Stop listening to all of the BS from the gloom and doomers.

If I thought you weren't very bright before, you have confirmed it, I based nothing on the monk, you really don't read much do you?

12/21 is the shortest day of the year after that things start warming up in the north, I learned that around first grade.

[-] 1 points by jrhirsch (4714) from Sun City, CA 11 years ago

The two weeks and two months you mention just happens to match up with the Monk's forecast?

Look at the graph. Notice how the ice continues to grow until March.

That was my point, good job.

hmmm March that would be about two months from two weeks from 12/21 yeah that's about right.

[-] 1 points by trashyharry (3084) from Waterville, NY 11 years ago

It's all over but the giant clouds of methane emerging from the permafrost.I fear we are F*CK'D

Most likely.

Good news today 12/18 was a good day for the refreeze the ice cap made up a lot of ground, if we get ten or so days like that then we might have another year before full melt. I still think it's less than five years away.

[-] 1 points by trashyharry (3084) from Waterville, NY 11 years ago

I am in Upstate NY-winter has still not arrived and there has been hardly any snow or rain.Our water table is estimated to be 20' below normal,and lots of people's wells are dry-unheard of around here in the past.

12/19 was another good day about 90,000 sq. km. looks to be thinning a good deal though, the permafrost is melting five record warm season in a roll in northern Europe, 3 out of the last 5 were records in North America, so the methane is diffidently coming.

[-] 0 points by trashyharry (3084) from Waterville, NY 11 years ago

The end of the world with a giant fart.So Capitalism sucks,blows and farts in public.Very fucking rude.

[-] 1 points by VQkag2 (16478) 11 years ago

Kinda eery coincidence? Or something to realy consider. IDK.

We'll see.

[Removed]

natural processes follow predicable patterns, we are approaching a tipping point, all things are connected, like the "fiscal cliff" many are asking the wrong question, we should be asking what affects going off the cliff will have, talk of avoiding it is foolish it is like lottery dreaming fun but doesn't lead to much, likewise with climate change we should be talking about what we do as all the ice in the world melts, because it will, unless we win the lottery, now what's the odds on that, I forget

[Removed]

or finding ice in Greenland after graduation of those born this year

[Removed]

[Removed]

changed out the links, the other story went pay only I think same subject different report, thanks

[Removed]

[Deleted]

I've heard of trees blocking vision, I'd call this leaves.

12/21 was a very bad day for aortic ice, we lost 130 ,000 sq, KM.