Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: 12/12 Action

Posted 12 years ago on Nov. 26, 2011, 1:30 a.m. EST by laborlover (1)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Please accept this invitation to join our group "Occupy West Coast 12/12" to discuss a united action to support union workers and fight corporate greed.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/130071443769751/

4 Comments

4 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by stuartchase (861) 12 years ago

If you occupy the West Coast ports, and you are successful, and people can't get their food and other shipments, anyone who is associated with OWS will be a target. The public will become violent towards our prostesters. I think this would be a much better place to Occupy:

Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. Digital Products Division 9740 Irvine Boulevard Irvine, CA 92618-1697 1-949-583-3000

Here's a few reasons why:

http://occupywallst.org/forum/something-to-think-about-part-1/

[-] 1 points by ramous (765) from Wabash, IN 12 years ago

This official call to action is what caused my local occupy to shut itself down, so as not to be associated with a violent action like this. A forcible take over/invasion that results in a blockading of the ports on this scale is a forceful take over, even if it is just by force of numbers, and is not a peaceful action. It may not be calling for bloodshed, but it is calling for a provocative and violent action that is not protected under the Constitution by any stretch of the imagination. Oakland should not let unions lead them down this road to violence, and should take their cue from the truly peaceful (non disruptive non blockading/non invading) camps elsewhere in the country. Toronto has been a model of peaceful even during their eviction this week and could give Oakland major advice. Use as another cue, Westboro Baptist Church, who are well-schooled in freedom of speech under the Constitution and whose lawyers work with it constantly and they do not block anything while still receiving huge news coverage.

[-] 1 points by JoeyDee115 (12) 12 years ago

Fossil fuel the route of all that is EVIL

[-] 1 points by Joyce (375) 12 years ago

I love powder river coal.

[Removed]