Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: 101 Rules for the Confused Voter

Posted 11 years ago on Aug. 7, 2012, 11:17 a.m. EST by shoozTroll (17632)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

This is for those that think it makes no difference.

1. Corruption In The Judicial System

2. Corrupt Politicians

3. Voter’s Rights

4. Taxes

5. Immigrants Rights

6. Illegal Narcotics

7. Healthcare

8. The Economy

9. Potholes

10. Food Prices

There's 91 more things you can no longer bitch about.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/08/05/taxes-2/

41 Comments

41 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by freewriterguy (882) 11 years ago

fuck pot holes, ever hear of a horse payment? horses dont need 75 dollars of gasoline every 3 days, or hundreds of dollars of overtaxation to the DMV every damn year, not to mention the $85 per month in insurance! You people suck, who put this much control over us free men, and I think we should find out who is responsible for this and post their information publically for the day of restitution!

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by shoozTroll (17632) 11 years ago

WTF are you talking about?

Horses???

Restitution??

Lose the delusions.

The 21st century isn't going away for a while.

Get your nose out of the19th.

Or was this meant to be some kind of veiled threat?

[-] 2 points by freewriterguy (882) 11 years ago

im talking about our government officials who enforce mechanical visciousness against the people, they arrogantly and mindlessly butcher our lives with the "meat grinder of the law". Of course you have noticed, just look at the occupy wall street movement, there is somethign wrong, I do not desire to stay in the 21st century the way it is headed. If a war comes, or a complete national meltdown, which by the way printing money is a sign that it most certainly will, we will have to go back to the 19th century of growing food locally and living in villages. Our dollar will be nearly worthless. What shall we trade then, gold and silver? Ha, we only have 15 billion of gold in the national reserve, yet we owe 15 trillion? Hmmmm,,, how will it work out for us, when compared to china who not only is debt free, but has trillions of dollars in reserve, hmmmm,,, I wonder who will fare out on top. Pay attention to who is buying up the natural resources in your area, china already bought out a couple here, Geneva steel mill in Orem, Utah, and they bought a Gem mine in Delta, Utah and they got their sites on our copper mine. and they are buying up other resources in many other parts of the world.

There was a day when many things were made in America, but they arent any more, we have been sold out, and if you were a biblical man, I would direct your attention to the prophecy that describes our horrific future, and I quote, "except our days should be shortened" by the Lord returning early, The bible states: "NO FLESH SHALL SURVIVE".

The only delusion is the fact that this topic escapes human comprehension. Yet with careful thought and thorough explanation it becomes apparent. We are waking up together, and if possible and before it is too late, may be become the lion, and no longer the lamb.

[-] 2 points by shoozTroll (17632) 11 years ago

OK?

Buy a horse and return to the 19th century.

Then the Lord will return and fry the planet in an act of retribution, because Chine bought some stuff in Utah..........

Do I have that correctly?

Just where have you been?

The Russians own Rouge Steel, and Canadians own most of the mines and have for years.

It's neolibe(R)tarians, sucking up value all over the World.

Take a long hard look at eastern Montana.

Dig a mine. Extract, sell and export the value. Leave your slag and tailings wherever. When the mine is extracted..........file for corporate bankruptcy, leaving the shit for someone else to clean up..

Reform into a new corporation.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

It's almost like free money........................:)

No I dont think you have it correctly. China didnt just buy stuff in UTAH, look at most of the stuff you buy, where is 3/4 of it made? Or, I recommend starting with the point that OWS protestors taking to the streets shows that something is wrong. Can you see it? Just where have you been?

[-] 1 points by shoozTroll (17632) 11 years ago

Paying attention. I've seen it for years.

Long before it hit the sacred, most holy Utah.

I was trying to point that out to you.

Most of it is being done to preserve the even holier profits of WallStreet.

[Removed]

How does FLAKESnews, relate to anything at all?

It's not they have roots in reality.

Lies, smears and misinformation are their strong points.

[Removed]

You must be on a different internet.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=us-should-adopt-higher-science-education-standards

I find more important things, like how to do away with "forced" teaching of creationism in schools.

[-] -1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

Who pays for the horse apple collection?

Is the city or state liable for your horse breaking it leg on poorly maintained streets?

Who is running the horse feed business - will it be regulated?

If your horse tosses it's shoe - are you covered for accidental damage ?

the money people save by not giving thousands and thousands of wasted money to government couldnt they handle their own accidental damage? I know I do every year when a truck in front of propels a rock into my windshield. I have a perfect score of $200 winshield replacement every single year now. Do the math, it adds up alot to where our wealth is going, and we the people would be much better off if we provided for our own families, and not government bums!

[-] 1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

You don't have comprehensive free glass replacement on your insurance?

nope, maybe i should ask for it, didnt know it exists.

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 11 years ago

"They want to keep me out because I'm anti-war. They have to own up in public that they're against peace."

"Our societies are run by insane people with insane objectives. ...And I'm liable to be put away for saying that. That's what's insane about it" - John Lennon

I agree with John Lennon here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_dJNzDo8SQ

[-] -1 points by VQkag2 (16478) 11 years ago

Don't throw your vote away. I also agree with John Lennon. So I say VOTE!. Agitate for money out of polictics.! Take back the govt from the crazy people. Don't give up. Don't lay down. Don't crawl into a corner that's what the crazy (1%'rs) people want.!

[-] 1 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 11 years ago

Throw your vote away by voting for the people Lennon was talking about....

I can say you throw your vote away too.

I refuse to vote for pro-war candidates. The wars will end as soon as people vote to end war.

I'm voting for real peace this year. Call me old fashioned.

Back in the day candidates could win with write-in votes. Now propaganda has people believing they have to vote for the lesser of two evils.

No one ever won the presidency on a write in. Sorry.

We can vote for the candidate/party that has made real progress on reducing our military adventures. because that indicates they agree with us and want to end the excessive war we've been subjected to.

That's not exactly what I said.

But people need to stop making claims without at least googling it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Write-in_candidate

Write in candidates that won

In 1940, Franklin D. Roosevelt won the Democratic New Jersey presidential primary with 34,278 write-ins.

In 1944, Thomas Dewey won the Republican Pennsylvania presidential primary with 146,706 write-ins. He also won the Oregon Republican presidential primary with 50,001 write-ins.

In 1948, Harold Stassen won the Republican Pennsylvania presidential primary with 81,242 write-ins.

In 1952, Robert Taft won the Republican Nebraska presidential primary with 79,357 write-ins.

Also in 1952, Estes Kefauver won the Democratic Pennsylvania presidential primary with 93,160 write-ins.

Also in 1952, Dwight Eisenhower won the Republican Massachusetts presidential primary with 254,898 write-ins.

In 1956, Dwight Eisenhower won the Republican Massachusetts presidential primary with 51,951 write-ins.

In 1960, Richard Nixon won the Republican Massachusetts presidential primary with 53,164 write-ins.

Also in 1960, John F. Kennedy won the Democratic Pennsylvania presidential primary with 183,073 write-ins, and he won the Democratic Massachusetts presidential primary with 91,607 write-ins.

In 1964, a write-in campaign organized by supporters of former U.S. Senator and vice presidential nominee Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr. won Republican primaries for President in New Hampshire, New Jersey, and Massachusetts, defeating declared candidates Barry Goldwater, Nelson Rockefeller, and Margaret Chase Smith.

In 1968 in the Democratic presidential primary in New Hampshire, incumbent President Lyndon Johnson did not file, but received write-ins totaling 50% of all Democratic votes cast. Senator Eugene McCarthy, who campaigned actively against Johnson’s Vietnam war policies, was on the ballot. He received an impressive 41% of the vote and gained more delegates than the President. Johnson was so stunned that he did not run for reelection.[2]

The list goes for a while

[-] 0 points by VQkag2 (16478) 11 years ago

Primaries? c'mon man. let's talk reality. I'm not interested in these trivial facts. We're not gonna solve the problems that face the 99% this way.

I mean I agree it's great that there have some write in success but that is not the path to middle class relief.

money in politics has created a dangerous game

So then let's :

take back the govt. from the 1% conservative plutocats.

Agitate for money out of politics.

Elect progressives.

Any progressive. Could be democrat, republican independent.

Whatta ya say.? Can you support that?

Look into who Goldman Sachs funds

Banks don't just fund one candidate. They fund 2. One on each side. Then they get put into administrations in key economic rolls or in the treasury.

Over a billion spent buying this election.

Also I 100% support a public system for election and barring all campaign contributions. Nothing in the world of government should rely on raising money to get elected. Not even from private citizens, not from businesses, not from corps, not from banks.

So we agree on something? I wasn't sure with all the Both sides get goldman money.

YEAH I KNOW!. Money out of politics!!!!! Payin attention.

For sure! We agree on just about everything actually.

There is only one thing I've noticed we disagree on throughout our many conversations.

Which is why I don't understand that we should usually get along so poorly.

I'm willing to try and understand. I think there is thread regarding Syria we can fight over 1st though.

I think you might only be talking about Syria because the corporate news is blasting it through the airwaves.

No one talked about the Yemeni "president" killing protesters when Gaffafi was killing protesters. No one talked about the genocide in Congo last year when Gaddafi killed protesters.

I highly suggest watching this video and rethinking the wars and understand covert operations are insane. Just look at the 1980's under Reagan with a Bush run CIA for a good example.

So maybe there are 2 things we disagree on. If Bush wanted to go into Syria would you have a differing opinion?

Also you should look into what HIllary Clinton has to say about Syria. She mentions a key issue is the known existence of al Qaeda and Hamas among the rebels.

Also our karma points have the same numbers rearranged... You're 5355 and I'm 3533. Not really relevant but I thought it was cool

I think I'm gonna put Bush aside for this conversation since he is not President and I don't think he would do anything to protect anyone.

I am talking about Syria because this thread popped up. I support using the American military (after cutting budget 50%) in coordination with the UN and regional organization to police the world and protect civilians from dictators all over the world.

You mentioned Congo? Sure, Yemen? Ok. I can't say I have all the details. I would trust a dem before a repub to wield the military sword but I will never have enough details regarding a given mission.

This is probably where we disagree. You probably do not support this concept. Right. Are you gonna yell at me now?

[-] -1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

There is nothing wrong with being anti-war - then there are also recognizing the realities of what is currently going on in the world and taking realistic steps towards ending war and all violence - to be honest for it all to just stop? just like that Stop - It would take the 2nd coming of Christ.

So yes speak out against war speak out against the causes of war - then forward all issues to move us in that direction - taking an all or nothing stance on ending war is not rational. Move forward as fast as possible but understand that if it is ever gonna happen - then many things will have to be addressed and changed. So forward/onward with positive goals in mind and supporting things that will move us in that direction.

That was excellent. What a treat. So much there I'll listen a few times. The one thing I picked up on right away is that we can help ourselves by "not being violent" If we want peace we need to be peaceful.

Thx buddy.

All you need is love" JL

[-] 1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

Right-on right-on RIGHT-ON.

All "You" need is "Love" ..Da da dadada All "We" need is "LOVE" . . Da da dadada "ALL WE NEED IS LOVE LOVE" . . . "LOVE IS ALL WE NEED"......

"theres nothing you can do, that can't be done"

WAAA WA wa wa waaaaa.

[-] 0 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

Love is all we need....love is all we need....love is all we need....love is all we need....love is all we need....love is all we need....I love you ya ya ya

All "You" need is "Love"

Everyone should read these and VOTE.

[-] -1 points by letsdomore (89) 11 years ago

Who's the idiot that is wasting our time with a stupid post like this. Is this the best you can do?

shooz, take you medication and go watch tv. Your favorite show Sponge Bob Squarepants is on. Hurry along now.

[-] 3 points by shoozTroll (17632) 11 years ago

Awwww, I'm sorry.

Is the list too long to understand?

Is the concept behind the list too difficult?

Gotta stand and face it, life is so complicated.

[-] 0 points by letsdomore (89) 11 years ago

Hey shooz, you left out 91 of them! What kind of half ass work are you used to doing. Are you too lazy to finish it !

[-] 2 points by shoozTroll (17632) 11 years ago

I can't help it, you're a link-o-phobic.

Geeze, Some peoples kidz.

[Removed]

[Removed]

[Removed]