Posted 11 years ago on April 20, 2012, 5:31 a.m. EST by OccupyWallSt
Join on us May 1st as we stand in solidarity with the Occupy movement and workers everywhere.
FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/events/192822994163133/
Dear New York City,
We, the students of public education, are here to inform you about the injustice that is taking place in our school system:
* The privatization of our school system
* The budget cuts
* Lack of appropriate leadership
* Malicious closings/phasing out of schools against the communities’ wishes.
* Cell phone policies
* Overcrowded classes & abuse of SAFE rooms
* Over policing of our schools and the criminalization of our youth
We feel that these issues are setting our students up for failure, and we DEMAND a change! We believe that trying to control our schools is just another symptom of the blatant racism in our country similar to the government’s response to the senseless killing of Trayvon Martin.
Because of this, our first action will be a mass student walkout on May 1st at 12pm to Fort Greene Park. We will be holding teach-ins, teen summits & other peaceful events.
Please add your name to our letter and support us in our struggle for our education.
Student Leadership Paul Robeson HS