Lead up to occupation
Posted 11 years ago on Sept. 13, 2011, 5:18 p.m. EST by OccupyWallSt
There is a lot going on this week in the lead up to September 17th. First off, for some inspiration check out all the solidarity movements around the world.
Meetings & Training:
- USDOR is hosting non violent civil disobedience training Friday @ 6:30. See the details and location on the calendar page or on USDOR calendar.
- There will be a Tactical Committee Meeting Wednesday, 7pm Fort Greene Park, Brooklyn
- There will be Art & Culture meetings Tuesday and Thursday to discuss activities. Learn more on the calendar page
- Time's Up will be hosting critical mass style ALL NIGHT rides though the Wall st. area. Meet at Tompkins sq park at 7pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (9/16-18) to join the ride. More info on their calendar page
- There is an event for NY Students Rising September 16, Friday 5:00pm Hunter College
- NYC General Assembly calendar
- There will be a Open General Assembly September 17th, Saturday 3:00pm at Chase Manhattan Plaza.
- NYCGA - September 17th Legal Fact Sheet - Download PDF flyer
- USDOR has created an crowd source map for the occupation.
- USDOR also has legal information reviewed by the National Lawyers Guild. Check out the USDOR resources page. Also take a look at their tactics cheat sheet
- The General Assembly, in association with a number of activists around the world, has set up a live "TV" channel called Global Revolution
- The New York City General Assembly has a website up with minutes from the 9/10 meeting.
- Check out the Occupy Wall Street subreddit for discussion and info.
- HOTLINE FOR ARRESTS September 17, National Lawyers Guild: (212) 679-6018. If you will be at the action write this down on your arm. It was recommended to call them if you hear of an arrest or if you are arrested
Things you can help with:
- The Food Committee is working on feeding people at the occupation, if you can PLEASE DONATE. Contact CunderscoreG@gmail.com to see how you can help food committee
- If you are in the NYC area and can host fellow brothers and sisters, someone is gathering volunteers to help provide access to board & bathe logistical spaces for out-of-towners click here to view the google doc
- Contact the NYCPD expressing your solidarity with the protesters and urging the police to exercise restraint. Also, tell them the world is watching. And thank them for all their hard work. Email form for the NYPD police commissioner. Contact the mayor
- Spread the word! Media kits: Print fliers (PDF) & Online fliers (PDF)
More to come... Please add your information in the comments! remember you can create nice links like so: [link text](url)
I'm too far away to attend, but I stand in solidarity with you. I'm SO stoked about this. Have updated my blog [http://therearethornstoo.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-support-of-takewallstreet.html], sharing in all social outlets I'm active in, and RTg like a fiend. Let's keep this going!!! Much <3
The jooish Cartel runs the banking, insurance, stock markets, media and know the government. Before you call me nasty names please prove me wrong. BOYCOTT JEWISH GOODS AND SERVICES.
Wow they train you to protest civilly. I hope you are thinking about the environmental damage that you may cause by running your air conditioners and car engines to stay cool. Just pick up after yourselves and leave the site better than you found it. Sounds like a waste of time and resources to me.
It cant be a waste of time if you have nothing else to do but criticize the zeal and integrity of thousands of Americans trying to spread awareness and make a difference. We will be clean and respectful, or at least my group will be!
I will be there on the 17th. Mariel email@example.com cell phone #: 551-206-8839
You can email the NYCGA organizers too if you like: firstname.lastname@example.org
that was either really dumb or somebody's getting revenge on an ex by posting their info on here
A lot of people have been posting their names and contact info. It's kind of hard to organize otherwise.
I will bring a small air conditioning unit to keep cool. I will need the generator.
Have you planned for several recharging stations - small generators or vehicles equipped with ac / dc power inverters so that supporters can easily recharge their electronic devices?
A generator is also useful to power a sound system, which will be needed or at least very useful for assemblies larger than 100 people.
also great for the carbon footprint
Reporting In: Matt Parica, email@example.com, 201-982-4192
I am at your disposal.