Posted 4 years ago on April 30, 2014, 7:31 p.m. EST by ZenDogTroll
from South Burlington, VT
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
WTF Dept. Part III
We Are All Connected
In the fall of 2007 I wrote a poem titled Reflections. In it I make the claim: we are all connected - I do not pretend that this is some radically new idea. What I do insist is that this evenings news is a fine demonstration of that ethereal principle of connectivity.
- this once in a 500 year event is hard on the heels of the all time record which occurred within the past few decades
- and this wasn't a hurricane
- The American economy barely grew in the first quarter as the harsh winter weather appears to have knocked business investment and other activity even harder than previously thought.
- A transportation proposal sent to Congress by the Obama administration on Tuesday would remove a prohibition on tolls for existing Interstate highways, clearing the way for states to raise revenue on roads that drivers currently use at no cost. Congress banned tolls on Interstates in 1956 when it created the national highway system under President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- This is the second oil-train accident this year for CSX.
- IF this is how we will lobby for the KeyStone XL pipeline, then the lobbyists responsible must be lined up and shot.
The ethereal relationship illustrated above may not be readily obvious until it is pointed out - themes of weather, economy and transportation predominate. But beneath all that lie the aspirations of traitorous libertarian bastards so intent on the furtherance of their own ambitions they will sacrifice not only the very best that this nation has to offer, but all of civilization itself - and even this will prove to be insufficient to assuage their inflamed and swollen egos . . .
A train derailment in Lac-Megantic Saturday, July 6, 2013 kills 47