Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Wall Street Rooting for Republicans in 2012

Posted 12 years ago on Dec. 5, 2011, 10:40 a.m. EST by fabianmockian (225)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Isn't it telling that Wall Street is hoping for Republicans to win control in Washington D.C. in 2012. They are hoping to have things like Dodd-Frank repealed, so they can continuing raping our economy.

28 Comments

28 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 3 points by jjuussttmmee (607) 12 years ago

both parties are controlled by the foreign bank that controls our money supply neither party can go against its master, the one that paid all those campaign contributions, and other illegal cash transfers. One party over the other is mute the master ownes both the republicans and the democrats and the master is holding a "club" to both parties to do as the master wants despite election results. Give us trillions or we will fail and hurt you. If we fail all the money we gave you will be worthless paper (like it really is) you want to stay rich or do the right thing. Too much pressure from a foreign bank. Time for a slave revolt. “What better way to enslave a man then to give him a vote and tell he is free".

- Albert Camus
[-] 2 points by frankchurch1 (839) from Jersey City, NJ 12 years ago

Obama will do ok, don't worry.

[-] 2 points by SparkyJP (1646) from Westminster, MD 12 years ago

Dodd-Frank is a paper tiger. It was written by banks

[-] 2 points by GirlFriday (17435) 12 years ago

Of course they are. The GOP has already made it known that they are not the least bit interested in "the people". This is like a really bad remake of They Live.

[-] 2 points by slizzo (-96) 12 years ago

what silly partisan drivel. wall st doesn't care who wins, they know they can bribe both sides equally. people really have to let go of this foolish notion that the dems are any better than the reps. both are bought at paid for corporate whores. if there is a difference, it is insignificant. the political class are the true perps. they make the rules and allow themselves to be bought. if bush was still in office, this protest would be in DC. but this is a left wing mob and a left wing mob isn't going to protest the left wing president or the left wing led senate.

both parties suck ass. neither deserves the support of anyone who has to go to work to survive. if you aren't independently wealthy and you are registered with either major party or send either of them money, you are a brainwashed fool.

[-] 2 points by jjuussttmmee (607) 12 years ago

time to force our government to print a new money and throw out the privately owned FEDERAL reserve bank.

[-] 1 points by slizzo (-96) 12 years ago

the fed is not private, nor public. it is both. the president appoints the head and the senate confirms the governors. that is now how any private enterprise works.

I hope you'll resist the urge to respond the way every other person I tell this to does: an emotional hissy fit. if you can resist that, but still insist the fed is private, explain away how the people who run it are appointed and name another private enterprise (just one) that has govt-appointed and confirmed leadership.

[-] 1 points by fabianmockian (225) 12 years ago

We should call the new money Bartors and we should let the Koch brothers and all of the other greedy bastards keep all of the useless dollars.

right I just found a site on alternate monies there are good alternate ideas out there that would be much better than federal reserve notes they just print and get richer on. goods backed currency sounds very interesting. A note for a chicken delivered within 2 weeks from grocer.

Don't worry. It will get there, because like the game of Monopoly, when only one player has all of the paper, the game is over. Let the rich accumulate everything, so the rest of us will feel compelled to take it back when we've decided that enough of us have starved to death on the street or frozen to death in the homes we cannot heat over the winter. To me, it is the greedy rich people's short-sightedness of the fact that people will eventually revolt against their tyranny that tells me they are not as smart as they think they are. Imagine if they had settled for their first billion and lived comfortably off of that for the remainder of their years. No, they have to force it, like Quaddafi, who ignored the peaceful protests that asked for change and for his exile (which would have included at least a billion dollars in retirement). Anyway, gotta go.

when only one player has all of the paper, the game is over. yup thats when the slave riots start and everyone gets shipped to one of 800 (currently) FEMA camps designed to hold huge numbers of dissidents. That part that is so CHILLING is that these camps look a lot like the German camps for the Jews. On rail lines designed to handle a huge volume of people quickly, with new gas furnaces recently installed, and loads of coffins. Evil People could or already have take charge of all this stuff and could pick a group of people (quickly) to eliminate with said infrastructure in place already. I would think Jews would be worried about such infrastructure unless of course it is part of one of their "master plans" for the gentiles.

Present facts

paranoid delusional hysterics.

absurd beyond belief!

[-] 1 points by jjuussttmmee (607) 12 years ago

Ive lost my mind

[-] 1 points by OccupyCentre (263) 12 years ago

Absolutely. Wall Street is our enemy, not the Republicans or the Democrats.

ZOOM! went the point, right over your head.

No. I took the point. The Republicans probably will win. It doesn't matter. When they are the government, we will expect them to jail the banksters also. If they do that, then that is great. If they don't we keep protesting.

"No. I took the point."

not if you said "Wall Street is our enemy, not the Republicans or the Democrats," you didn't. The democrats and republicans ARE the enemy. Much, much more than wall st is. And considering the corruption on wall st, that is saying a lot!

That is your point of view, not that of the Movement. You are trying to bring politics into the discussion. The Movement is non political.

[-] 1 points by frankchurch1 (839) from Jersey City, NJ 12 years ago

Dodd-Frank was weak, but it was better than nothing.

Obama is swimming in wall st money.

are you really this unaware and/or ill-informed?

wow.

[-] 1 points by cmt (1195) from Tolland, CT 12 years ago

That was last time, when McCain/Palin frightened the establishment. The big money is now flowing to the right. Scott Brown is a prime example. Karl Rove's super-pac is another.

Once the other presidential candidate is chosen, watch the floodgates open.

this time, too. check the facts. wall st has enough money to cover both bases and lavish each side with millions. he's already collected millions with so much more to come...

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/284688/obama-occupies-wall-street-deroy-murdock

[-] 1 points by cmt (1195) from Tolland, CT 12 years ago

It would be a lot clearer if the author didn't lump in middle class people who happen to work for banks, insurance companies, etc. Separating out the large donors from the small fry would have been more work, though.

[-] 1 points by gosso920 (-24) 12 years ago

George Soros is glad to see that you are so easily bamboozled.

[-] 1 points by randart (498) 12 years ago

What a surprise.

It is time to see that there is only one party and most of us are not invited.

[-] 0 points by MVSN (768) from Stockton, CA 12 years ago

So are you saying they give no money to Obama? Really? No money to democrats? Really?

No, I'm saying that the Republicans are telling Wall Street what they want to hear and that is that regulations will go out the window, while the democrats simply watch the republicans do these things. I probably have less love for the democrats in office these days, because the republicans are at least honest about their plans, but it bewilders me that anyone who isn't part of the 1% would vote for the republicans who admit to their coming treachery. Look for the post I just put up, in which I state that the people of this country need to find a way to circumvent both parties, because as long as the same familiar faces reside in Washington D.C., we will get the same legislation that helps the wealthy and hurts everyone else (whether they be democrat or republican)