Posted 3 years ago on April 13, 2012, 10:07 p.m. EST by bensdad
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
This month, we're going to invite you all to submit videos and images . Then we will ask you to vote on some of them. The winning video will get a prize, and the winning image will get a prize.
Basically, we're crowdsourcing the campaign. Here's why.
Some of the most gripping images and insights for our campaign haven't come from us at all. We just work here. And from time to time, we are just awed by the sheer beauty and insight of what the audience itself creates.
We could give you many examples of this, but here is one.
I appeared on Bill Maher's show a few months ago, and succinctly explained what the Occupy Wall Street protests were all about.
Some musicians in Denver literally set those words to music, creating what has become a theme song for the Occupy Wall Street movement.
There is no way that I could have done that. I couldn't carry a tune even if you strapped it on my back.
If you read these e-mails, chances are that you want to help this campaign. And I know how creative we all are; I've seen it. So we're going to have this contest, to bring out the best in all of us.
A few rules:
- All submissions become the property of the campaign; we can do whatever we want with them.
- Please limit yourself to things that are reasonably related to the campaign. No photoshopped pictures of Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum smooching; that might be amusing, but it has nothing to do with us. Also, no cats on trampolines.
- We will have one winner in each category, but it won't necessarily be the ones with the most votes. We'll pick the winners.
- In order to receive the prize, you'll have to provide your name and address, so that we can send it to you.
- Void where prohibited, blah, blah, blah.
Note to all trolls: we don't need more pictures of your middle finger. We already have enough of those.
So get to work! Make anything you want: T-shirt designs, bumper stickers, mock movie posters, 30-second ads, mockumentaries, Hollywood big-budget special-effects extravaganzas, whatever. You can upload your videos and images at this special website that we've created, just for you. If you have any really talented friends, please forward this e-mail to them, and we'll see what they come up with.
Let's have some fun.