Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Unions splitting from Democrats in 2012, Trumka says

Posted 11 years ago on June 10, 2012, 4:52 p.m. EST by stevebol (1269) from Milwaukee, WI
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Tell me what you guys think. I don't know anything about the source. http://hotair.com/archives/2011/08/25/unions-splitting-from-democrats-in-2012-trumka-says/

7 Comments

7 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by PeterKropotkin (1050) from Oakland, CA 11 years ago

I would love to see it but I am skeptical at best. This source doesn't strike me as particuarly trustworthy either.

[-] 1 points by JPB950 (2254) 11 years ago

It's just noise. They may cut back on spending for Democrats and you may see support having to be won by individual candidates rather then given in a knee jerk fashion. The reality is, where else are the unions going to go? To the republicans, a third party maybe?

[-] 1 points by stevebol (1269) from Milwaukee, WI 11 years ago

Where else are the dems going to go? This is probably just hot air but you never know. We could be at a turning point. When the Reagan democrats decided they wanted a guy who was "tough" they changed the political landscape. Maybe there will be an abrupt change soon.

[-] 0 points by JPB950 (2254) 11 years ago

It's not so much the votes the Democrats are going to loose, it's the union money.

[-] 0 points by stevebol (1269) from Milwaukee, WI 11 years ago

True.

[-] 1 points by stevebol (1269) from Milwaukee, WI 11 years ago

The Teamsters knew this would happen but what do they know, they're only truck drivers, right?

[-] -2 points by camams (7) 11 years ago

Word on the street is that Trumka is going to get a job as a greeter at Walmart