Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Unions splitting from Democrats in 2012, Trumka says

Posted 1 year ago on June 10, 2012, 4:52 p.m. EST by stevebol (1170) from Milwaukee, WI
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Tell me what you guys think. I don't know anything about the source. http://hotair.com/archives/2011/08/25/unions-splitting-from-democrats-in-2012-trumka-says/

7 Comments

7 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by PeterKropotkin (1050) from Oakland, CA 1 year ago

I would love to see it but I am skeptical at best. This source doesn't strike me as particuarly trustworthy either.

[-] 1 points by JPB950 (2254) 1 year ago

It's just noise. They may cut back on spending for Democrats and you may see support having to be won by individual candidates rather then given in a knee jerk fashion. The reality is, where else are the unions going to go? To the republicans, a third party maybe?

[-] 1 points by stevebol (1170) from Milwaukee, WI 1 year ago

Where else are the dems going to go? This is probably just hot air but you never know. We could be at a turning point. When the Reagan democrats decided they wanted a guy who was "tough" they changed the political landscape. Maybe there will be an abrupt change soon.

[-] 0 points by JPB950 (2254) 1 year ago

It's not so much the votes the Democrats are going to loose, it's the union money.

[-] 0 points by stevebol (1170) from Milwaukee, WI 1 year ago

True.

[-] 1 points by stevebol (1170) from Milwaukee, WI 1 year ago

The Teamsters knew this would happen but what do they know, they're only truck drivers, right?

[-] -2 points by camams (7) 1 year ago

Word on the street is that Trumka is going to get a job as a greeter at Walmart