Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: UC Davis to pay firm $300 per hour to investigate pepper spray incident

Posted 12 years ago on Dec. 10, 2011, 1:09 p.m. EST by fucorporatemedia (451)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

DAVIS, Calif.—Officials at UC Davis say a private security firm will be getting $300 an hour for investigating the use of pepper spray by campus police officers during a demonstration. UC spokeswoman Dianne Klein told Sacramento television station KCRA ( http://bit.ly/rYae7A ) that New York-based security consulting firm Kroll will be paid the fee for investigating the Nov. 18 incident.

Klein told the station that the probe is expected to last 30 business days, but she could not say how much the entire bill would amount to because the firm will determine how many hours it puts into the investigation.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19513205

8 Comments

8 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] -1 points by necropaulis (491) 12 years ago

Do you Occupiers see a problem with that?? It was an open and shut case. They broke the law, were told to leave, and didn't. It's not even like they got the real pepper spray, anyways. Now "someone" will be making a boat load chewing up 30 days to do something that would take the common man(even a bad lawyer) less than a week to do

[-] 2 points by fucorporatemedia (451) 12 years ago

You are serious?

I had to read that over again, waiting for the sarcasm...

Anyone who supports our police force, hired to protect and serve, shooting peaceful protesters directly in the face with pepper spray, directly down their throats...because 'they are scared', not only supports the biggest cowards on earth, but is also a sick sadistic bastard.

Now, I gotta ask you, do you really feel this way? Or are you being paid by Homeland Security or someone else to hit this board?

I know...I get the economy is bad and people need jobs...but there is no amount of money that will buy back your soul.

You are supporting fascists. These are sick mofos that don't give a crap about anyone. You think that since you are on their side, they will protect you. You will be the next one they throw to the wolves. They don't give a crap about anyone but themselves.

There is still time, save your soul, stop working for these fascists. They will lose, and you will be in the history books as the biggest disgrace to mankind.

There are other ways to make money. Just say no! Join the movement for some soul food that will sustain you much longer than the short monetary gains from these evildoers.

[-] 0 points by HarryPairatestes2 (380) from Barrow, AK 12 years ago

Funny how people throw the term "fascist" around as though they really know what the term means, same with "Nazi." Do some research and find out what it really means to live in a fascist or Nazi society.

[-] 1 points by fucorporatemedia (451) 12 years ago

Oh I understand it perfectly, the marriage of corporation and government

Which corporation or government entity are you working for, because they are all working together for the same 1%. Why would you want to help them? You do realize they will eventually screw you over as well. Still time to save your soul...

[-] 0 points by HarryPairatestes2 (380) from Barrow, AK 12 years ago

So anyone who questions your use of words is working for the government or a corporation? You casually throwing around the term "fascist" means you are correct and everyone else is wrong?

You have no idea what a fascist society is all about.

[-] 0 points by necropaulis (491) 12 years ago

Nope, I'm a regular person. Did the police sit there with a shotgun in their faces, and tell them to take it or get shot? Or did they disobey, and get what was coming to them?? They aren't fascists. They are people like you and me who are hired to do a job. How many real crimes do you think occurred while they were dealing with this stupidity?? You are the ones who would loose if it came down to it. You are outgunned, and outmanned. And I see you sidestepped the fact that UC Davis is paying a bunch of money (300/hr, say 8-10 hrs a day, for 30 days) to a company that is dragging a weeks worth of work out to a month. I'm not paid by anyone to come here. There are lots of ways to make money, yes. Sitting in a park and screaming until the cops show up is not one. I don't need to join you for "soul food" either, I can make it myself.

[-] 1 points by fucorporatemedia (451) 12 years ago

What does the right to peaceably assemble mean to you?

Are you an American?

If you believe in this behavior, you are UnAmerican. These cops are violating our Constitutional rights.

[-] 0 points by necropaulis (491) 12 years ago

Yep, I'm as American as you. Peaceably assembling is not sitting(and sleeping) in a park for months when you know you have to be out by dark. People got shot by other people(as in not cops). There was a suicide. There have been at least 5 ODs. People have been attacked(as in beaten) for not wanting to be apart of you. Now, because it's getting cold out, groups are building unsafe shelters, running into foreclosed houses, and bringing things into the park that they are specifically told not to. And amongst all of this, there are children running around. Does that sound peaceable?? There are groups that are the opposite also. The cops are not violating anything, you are violating the law. There are more legal ways of doing this. Follow the groups who actually sit down with the city and organize what you want to do. They will help you. And everything would be safer for everyone. Once you have the official "okay" you can do (just about) whatever you want