Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Two Groups And Voting

Posted 2 years ago on Feb. 3, 2012, 5:26 p.m. EST by asauti (-113) from Port Orchard, WA
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

So, as I understand it, there are two groups.

Of these two, one group consists of 99% of "the whole". The other group is 1% of the whole.

So, my first question: What is the definition of "the whole"? (A possible example: "Just citizens of the United States".)

Next item that I understand: The 99% are very unhappy with the 1% (for varying reasons).

And if I understand that correctly, it leads me to my second question: Why are the 99% voting for the 1% to be in offices of government?

9 Comments

9 Comments


Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by Chugwunka (89) from Willows, CA 2 years ago

99% is propaganda. 99% of the population doesn't care about any of this. They are too busy watching American Idol.

[-] 2 points by Coyote1983 (61) 2 years ago

My thoughts exactly. Besides, those pampered whiners in Congress have proven time and again that they can't do the job. What we need is someone with guts, grit, and good old American "figger-it-out" skills.

[-] 1 points by jph (2652) 2 years ago

This is a good post, thanks.

The system does not allow for any real change. Period. In each election what choices are presented? a donkey or an elephant, two sides to the same party, the corporate-military-fascist party. This is the ruling elite, and they do not offer a choice that will make ANY difference to the 99% at all. The dems. put a more human-centric social face on the system, while the repubs. provide the bad cop, or corporate/military, individual greed style. However in the end, the only change is one of style. The wars in the mid-east ended when the dems. got in?? No they did not, the prison in Cuba was closed, no it was not. The USA finally adopted a universal non-corporate profits healthcare system, like most of the rest of the developed countries have, no we did not.

No change will come from within this system.

[-] 1 points by Shawn22 (5) 2 years ago

In the height of the Civil Rights Movement, JFK prompted a Fed Reg Office of Economic Opportunity to empower the lower classes to eliminate poverty. One program was to mobilize the poor politically to ballot which compelled goverment obligation. Once traditional delegate privilege came vulnerable, state legislators prohibited political activities of government funded programs. Thus, if the 99% under party rules put delegates on the ballot box, they would become the legislators and correct past abuses without opposition. The traditional political parties with unlimited campaign finances would loose to the unionized 99% effort. Thus, 1,9,and 10 amendments would embrace the citizens as a 4th check and balance, promote the general welfare by specialization of trade of the working class to be heard and counteract the majority will of special interest and lobbyist, Then, to impliment the iniative and referendum and recall of public officials at all levels by popular vote. End of self regulation errors, broken campaign promises, and refuting the contradiction with the other party as the good cop - bad cop scapegoat. As a result, the majority of numbers as absolute dominance over the perception of wealth as authority transends into a social technological scientific evolution of citizen politic obligation. Monetary compensation to all citizens that participate in the political process is a privilege as the market place of ideas produces prudent decisions when all voices are heard. The result will be the general will over the majority will to the republic for which it stands indivisible with liberty and justice for all.

[-] 1 points by shoozTroll (17632) 2 years ago

No worries mate.

Just write in ZenDog...............:)

problem solved.

[-] 0 points by asauti (-113) from Port Orchard, WA 2 years ago

shooz! 'Eh, it's you again!

Check out my latest post, here: http://occupywallst.org/forum/printing-presses/

[-] 1 points by shoozTroll (17632) 2 years ago

I prefer this model, as we still pretend we're on a gold standard.

This one deals with pure sovereign fiat currency.

http://pragcap.com/resources/understanding-modern-monetary-system

Ps. it does away with the fed too.

[-] 0 points by asauti (-113) from Port Orchard, WA 2 years ago

What are some of your definitions of "the whole"? Is it the population of the United States? Is it the population of the world?

[-] 1 points by Coyote1983 (61) 2 years ago

I would say the entire population of the US. INCLUDING the "illegal" aliens.

I do have a nice big rant about immigration, but that's for another time.