Posted 8 years ago on April 15, 2014, 9:11 a.m. EST by ZenDogTroll
from South Burlington, VT
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
. . . Dust Bowl Libertarian Ignorance and Stupidity . . .
- On race relations in the late 1940s and early 1950s: "There were no politics to polarize us then, to magnify every slight. The 'negroes' of Washington had their public schools, restaurants, bars, movie houses, playgrounds and churches; and we had ours."
Buchanan, who opposed virtually every civil rights law and court decision of the last 30 years, published FBI smears of Martin Luther King Jr. as his own editorials in the St. Louis Globe Democrat in the mid-1960s. "We were among Hoover's conduits to the American people,"
- opposed virtually every civil rights law and court decision of the last 30 years
In a September 1993 speech to the Christian Coalition, Buchanan described multiculturalism as "an across-the-board assault on our Anglo-American heritage."
- **September 1993: "an across-the-board assault on our Anglo-American heritage."**
- "If we had to take a million immigrants in, say Zulus, next year, or Englishmen, and put them up in Virginia, what group would be easier to assimilate and would cause less problems for the people of Virginia?" ("This Week With David Brinkley," 1/8/91)
- **Writing of "group fantasies of martyrdom," Buchanan challenged the historical record that thousands of Jews were gassed to death by diesel exhaust at Treblinka: "Diesel engines do not emit enough carbon monoxide to kill anybody."
- **"Diesel engines do not emit enough carbon monoxide to kill anybody."**
- In a 1972 memo to Richard Nixon, Buchanan referred to one of George McGovern's leading financial contributors as a "screaming fairy."
- In a 1977 column urging a "thrashing" of gay groups, Buchanan wrote: "Homosexuality is not a civil right. Its rise almost always is accompanied, as in the Weimar Republic, with a decay of society and a collapse of its basic cinder block, the family." (New Republic, 3/30/92)
- Attacking what he considers the "democratist temptation, the worship of democracy as a form of governance," Buchanan commented: "Like all idolatries, democratism substitutes a false god for the real, a love of process for a love of country." (Patrick J. Buchanan: From the Right, newsletter, Spring/90)
- **"Like all idolatries, democratism substitutes a false god for the real, a love of process for a love of country."**
- In Right from the Beginning, Buchanan refers to Spanish dictator Francisco Franco as a "Catholic savior." He called Franco, along with Chile's Gen. Pinochet, "soldier-patriots.
- **He called Franco, along with Chile's Gen. Pinochet, "soldier-patriots!**
- Buchanan devotes a chapter of his autobiography -- "As We Remember Joe" -- to defending Senator Joe McCarthy.
- *an entire chapter!* ** to defending Senator Joe McCarthy!**
shadz66 on Pat Buchanan back in February:
U'll recognize that it's from an 'Old School Conservative' - NOT a Neocon or a Neoliberal and sadly these days an 'OSC' can sound and be more 'radical & pro-99%' - than what passes for 'liberal' in USUK etc. !!
yeah-ya - old school conservatives - racist, xenophobic, authoritarian, homophobic, and completely content with torture and assassination throughout every nation in South America that dares attempt any form of socialism . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . stupid fuking repelicans . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
< ~ ahem ~ >
Posted 1 year ago on May 30, 2012, 12:20 p.m. EST by shadz66 (18104)
Unbelievable. This shady shadz66 is not going to convince me that he has - or had - no idea this Puchanan is a racist right wing xenophobic libertarian conservative fuck. He's been posting him for the last two years . . . and he had no idea . . .
No Way. No. Fucking. Way.
The proof is at the bottom of the article, the final paragraph of copied text. It makes an unmistakeable declaration: shadz is a libertarian liar and one percent crier for hire. No serious Anarchist of the kind shadz purports to be would post anything containing this as a closing statement: