Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Thirty companies paid no U.S. income tax 2008-2010: report

Posted 12 years ago on Nov. 3, 2011, 3:28 p.m. EST by gestopomilly (497)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

7 Comments

7 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by youngandoutraged (123) from Iowa City, IA 12 years ago

There is a 'middle way' between raising corporate taxes (which we should) and stimulating the economy. Its easy. Raise taxes, tell companies if they can prove they are creating US jobs, they keep the old rate, and if not, they get a slightly higher rate. See how fast our economy recovers when they know job creation will actually help their bottom line.

[-] 1 points by Shatang (5) 12 years ago

How bout this.............lower taxes. People will have more money in their paycheckss and either spend it or save it.

[-] 1 points by Shatang (5) 12 years ago

How bout this.............lower taxes. People will have more money in their paycheckss and either spend it or save it.

[-] 1 points by gestopomilly (497) 12 years ago

Still, said the report: "If we are going to get our nation's fiscal house in order, increasing corporate income taxes should play an important role."

[-] 0 points by minwage (14) from Chicago, IL 12 years ago

raise the corporate rate,.. fine... my share holders require me to make a profit, so I will just layoff people to do this. (my share holders are in the 99%)

[-] 1 points by gestopomilly (497) 12 years ago

this is not raising the tax rate. this is you paying what you owe this takes nothing from you. and if you dont have the money, you should take it out of the share holder part, not lay off people or take it out of your salary. its your debt. no one elses.

[-] 0 points by happybanker (766) 12 years ago

**everyone should read this reply**.....that is, if you want to know the outcome before you raise corp taxes.