Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: The Stooge of the 1%, Scott (Dances-with-Billionaires) Walker, Got the Message Today...

Posted 11 years ago on Jan. 19, 2012, 2:02 a.m. EST by HitGirl (2263)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

They needed 540,000 signed petitions in 60 days. They were shooting for 720,000. They got over a million signed petitions! A lot of Republicans crowed about We the People when Scott Walker got elected, so I don't mind gloating when the 99% stepped-up to send this freakish nightmare of a governor to the corn field. And, by the way, this was an historic recall because of the percentage of the electorate who signed-on.

Thank You Wisconsin! Thank You 99% !

5 Comments

5 Comments


Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by AFarewellToKings (1486) 11 years ago

"from the Middle East to the middle west..." Gloat on HitGirl! "to the corn field" TFF!

And we could do the same, in effect, in Philadelphia July 4th!

http://www.the-99-declaration.org/

[-] 1 points by JPB950 (2254) 11 years ago

It's early to thank anyone, he won the election for governor in a state with a population of about 5.5 million, with 52% of the vote. You should be thanking the portion of the other 48% that signed the petition at this point. If the final vote goes your way then up that number. I'm not sure if it's optimism, hubris, or foolishness to toss around 99% as though there was that kind of majority on any topic.

[-] 2 points by HitGirl (2263) 11 years ago

I think it's a different ballgame now. I think people are awake to what the Republican agenda really is. I thought it was foolishness for the Tea Party to toss around "We the People" like the majority could actually favor the Republican agenda of pauperizing the middle class so they could continue with their blatant corruption. The 99% are the 99% even if they don't agree or vote the same. The distinction is more economic than anything else.

[-] 1 points by JPB950 (2254) 11 years ago

Perhaps, but getting names on a petition and winning an election are two different things. Part of it will depend on who runs against him. It was a narrow victory that put him in office, and polls still show about a 50-50 split.

[-] 1 points by HitGirl (2263) 11 years ago

I think the writing is on the wall for Scott Walker. He hasn't brought the promised jobs to Wisconsin. He put Wisconsin in debt and tried to put that debt on the backs of teachers, police men, fire fighters...he's toast.