Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: The Media spins 2011 "Black Friday Record Sales" with little insight or investigation.

Posted 12 years ago on Nov. 28, 2011, 2:54 a.m. EST by OccupyNews (1220)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Before anybody gets too depressed over "Record Black Friday Sales", I wrote an article on www.occupynews.net for those that want more insight into what really matters regarding the Black Friday News reports.

http://occupynews.blogspot.com/2011/11/media-spins-2011-black-friday-record.html

8 Comments

8 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by OccupyNews (1220) 12 years ago

I've updated this article. If you click on the article link you will see two links that support my thesis.

I just did a google search using the following words...

debit card credit card black friday

By not putting quotes around any two words, it means google will find the most hits possible.

NOT ONE HIT came up in the news category. not one.

[-] 1 points by CrossingtheDivided (357) from Santa Ysabel, CA 12 years ago

There's no way to make Black Friday not depressing, unfortunately.

All hail context and accuracy in reporting, though.

Not if it's debit card spending. The next step is if more of the products are actually made in the USA.

We have black friday, small business saturday, and internet shopping Monday, where is the made in the USA day?

[-] 0 points by ramous (765) from Wabash, IN 12 years ago

We've had worse recessions in the last 50 years than this one. Other countries have had worse economic downfalls too. When we start getting near some of the others the US has had, then Ill worry.

ramous, whatever your position, I'm not sure your comment connects with the article content

Just sayin.

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by slizzo (-96) 12 years ago

everybody: get depressed. this "article" is a waste of time.

once again, ows fails spectacularly

and if this makes you depressed, you'll be positively MAUDLIN in a year or two when the economy recovers.

then, when it starts to roar (which is inevitable), the wailing and screaming crying will overwhelm you all. kleenex stocks will skyrocket and many will make a ton of dough on your misery. everyone wins!

then you can distinguish yourselves further by marching against jobs and prosperity.

slizzo, the article points out that the record number of store hours open along with debit card purchases means people are shopping wiser, that IS the story.