Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: The May 2012 Insurrection: Tactical Briefing #30

Posted 11 years ago on April 27, 2012, 6:48 a.m. EST by egia (-103)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

REGIME CHANGE...

The May 2012 Insurrection: Tactical Briefing #30:

http://www.adbusters.org/blogs/adbusters-blog/may-2012-insurrection.html

106 Comments

106 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by GypsyKing (8708) 11 years ago

Why does the title of this post remind me of "Get Smart?"

[-] -2 points by egia (-103) 11 years ago

Shall I post what you remind me of, GypsyKing?

[-] 1 points by American12 (1) 11 years ago

An Insurrection, really? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Do you even know what an insurrection is? Tactical briefing to? Just by directing a bunch of protestors isn't a tactical decision. You make all the OWS people sound like idiots and domestic terrorists.

[+] -4 points by egia (-103) 11 years ago

Define "domestic terrorists", PRICK. The US Code doesn't. Be specific. The US Code isn't. And take care in trying to hang us you don't hang yourself.

[-] 3 points by epa1nter (4650) from Rutherford, NJ 11 years ago

Us? Who is "us".? You're alone, pal. You no more represent OWS than does something one scrapes off the bottom of one's shoe.

Nobody likes a screaming pretentious prick. Maybe if you'd stop acting like one, there would be an "us" you were actually a part of.

[-] -3 points by egia (-103) 11 years ago

The posting in question makes no reference to "OWS", and the only "us" you have any say in is statements that include you. This one did not.

So the "us" you were referencing is fictional, just like your ideas?

Or were you simply using the Royal prerogative in speech, as if your were a little prince. How cute, a prince prick.

Saying "us" is fictional if it does not refer to "OWS" is like assuming anyone who attacks the Democrats must support the Republicans and vice-versa. Everyone who sees through the two-party facade knows that is a lie. But seeing does require vision, and that is clearly something you lack.

So the "us" was indeed the Royal usage. Just a tad arrogant. The egalitarian revolutionary who would be king.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHahhahahahahHAHAHAHA

How you could draw such a ridiculous conclusion defies reason.

[-] 1 points by American12 (1) 11 years ago

A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act ""dangerous to human life"" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to:  (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping.  Additionally, the acts have to occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States and if they do not, may be regarded as international terrorism.

In Post-NDAA Amerika, What is a Terrorist and Who Can Make You Disappear by Calling You One?

http://amerikanreich.com/2012/02/25/in-post-ndaa-amerika-what-is-a-terrorist-and-who-can-make-you-disappear-by-calling-you-one/

[-] 1 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

"The first duty of a revolutionary is to get away with it. - Abbie Hoffman .

[-] 3 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 11 years ago

What a guy he was. I remember stea . . eh, uh, reading "Steal This Book" back in the early '70's in my teens. Well, I read most of it. Before I finished it, . . . well, . . . somebody stole it.

[-] 1 points by egia (-103) 11 years ago

"Somebody's got to do something, and it's a damned shame that it has to be us!"--Jerry Garcia

[-] 1 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

haha

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by geo (2638) from Concord, NC 11 years ago

If only Hoffman and Jerry Rubin were real revolutionaries.... they weren't.

[-] 2 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 11 years ago

Why do you say that?

[-] 2 points by geo (2638) from Concord, NC 11 years ago

Jerry Rubin (July 14, 1938 – November 28, 1994) was an American social activist during the 1960s and 1970s. During the 1980s, he became a successful businessman.

In the 1980s, he embarked on a debating tour with Abbie Hoffman titled "Yippie versus Yuppie." Rubin's argument in the debates was that activism was hard work and that the abuse of drugs, sex, and private property had made the counter-culture "a scary society in itself."

In late 1966, Hoffman met with a radical community-action group called the Diggers[10] and studied their ideology. He later returned to New York and published a book with this knowledge.[10] Doing so was considered a violation by the Diggers. Diggers co-founder Peter Coyote explained:

"Abbie, who was a friend of mine, was always a media junky. We explained everything to those guys, and they violated everything we taught them. Abbie went back, and the first thing he did was publish a book, with his picture on it, that blew the hustle of every poor person on the Lower East Side by describing every free scam then current in New York -- which were then sucked dry by disaffected kids from Scarsdale."

So one became a Yuppie in the 80's and the other made money by turning on the Diggers, who were a down to earth commune helping those that really needed help and living the creed of true social activism.

You are right about Rubin, but Hoffman was the genuine article. He paid the price for it with his lfe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4LJKSMVFPo

He mean't it too.

And what would you know about what price Hoffman paid with his life, poser? We all die. Can you prove he didn't just pick his time?

[-] 3 points by GypsyKing (8708) 11 years ago

Oh, so you're more radical than Abbie Hoffman now? Ha, ha, ha, ha!

And something else, idiot; this isn't about me.

Please provide a URL reference to anything I have ever written that has ever been printed or posted anywhere comparing myself to Abbie Hoffman.

And you're right: This is NOT about you.

So on both points STFU, GypsyKing.

If you knew anything you were talking about you'd know how stupid you comment was, but you don't, and so you don't.

Semantic translation:

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe.

Well, you've read "Alice in Wonderland," anyway, but it appears your education stopped there. Too bad, you might have graduated to Grimm's Fairytales, and made a better troll.

Now, Goodbye!

I think that line was from "The Jabberwocky," but more to the point, why are you baiting him, GK? In God's name why? Why? WHY?

By the way, Hoffman did seem legit, at least the little I know about him.

I'm not baiting him. He's follwing me around like a stray dog. If he wants to dish out the treatment then he can take it as well. I told him I'm not going to respond anymore, now hopefully he'll take the hint and go away.

About Hoffman, yes he was the real thing, and so I feel it is only right to defend his name. I spent an evening in a bar in Michigan with him about 6 months or so before his death. I have never admired anyone's courage more. He deserves at least his due.

No link below. The IronBoltBruce username does ring a bell. Don't know anything about him though.

I'm sorry, I'm not really interested in getting personal about all this. I would really like to keep the conversation on a higher ground. It doesn't matter who he is and it doesn't matter who I am. What matters here is what we do, and I think that is to try to get to the truth, because that is the way we come together.

What an honor, hobnobbing with a legend. And who is egia? Have you ever figured it out? Undoubtedly, someone you pissed off on this site last year.

[-] 1 points by GypsyKing (8708) 11 years ago

His name was IronBotBruce, and he works for a PR firm.

[-] -1 points by egia (-103) 11 years ago

Reply to GypsyKing below:

Googling "IronBotBruce" doesn't return much. What's the name of the PR firm you say he works for?

Reply to you comment below:

YES, GypsyKing. Let's DO "get to the truth": Beginning with the name of the country where you live, and which Democratic Party ally or front you work for.

If Abbie Hoffman was with us today, I bet he'd reply to this BS grab for stardust by saying something like: "And who the hell are you again?"

[+] -5 points by egia (-103) 11 years ago

"Alice in Wonderland" is a movie, "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" is the book it is primarily based on, and the poem I drew this line from was written after that book was published. More (pseudo)intellectual commentary from GypsyKing.

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

never got another job in science after I left the national defense as a conscious objector

Thanks. I was too young in the late '60's and early '70's to know much politically, or anything about the 'counter-culture.' I heard a little about them in high school, then really nothing after that.

Hoffman was genuine.

[-] 1 points by GypsyKing (8708) 11 years ago

Hoffman was!

You are not!

[-] 0 points by GirlFriday (17435) 11 years ago

Grow up.

By "Grow Up" do you mean (a) accept corporate fascist rule and retreat with the cowards to the false realities of Fakebook pages, or (b) line up at the polls with the clueless for some meaningless mental masturbation?

http://corporatecriminalsexposed.com/2012/01/04/american-elections-false-choices-hiding-other-false-choices/

[-] 2 points by GirlFriday (17435) 11 years ago

By Grow up- I meant fuck you and your PR firm.

If you are going to bash on online PR firm, you should at least identify by URL who you are bashing. That way other readers can decide whether to bash them too, or perhaps bash YOU.

We all know your PR firm, and decline to give it free advertising here.

And what PR firm would you like to promote?

This one?

http://front.moveon.org/

Or maybe this one?

http://rebuildthedream.com/splash-v3/

Or this mac daddy?

http://the99spring.com/

[-] 4 points by epa1nter (4650) from Rutherford, NJ 11 years ago

I was actually thinking of yours, you know, the one where you t\try to make money from OWS.

But those aren't bad.

I also like Planned Parenthood, Amnesty International. Credo Action, Color Of Change, Sierra CLub, and a bunch of other activist sites as well. They are all different that OWS, and do different things, but fighting for change is all good even if it doesn't live up to your fantasies of instant revolution.

Oh, and by the way, you never did answer one single question asked of you the other thread. I wonder why that is. Hmmmmmm. (I don't really wonder: it is clear you are all cut and paste and hollow bluster.)

Why don't you use your slave-made iPhone to take a picture of yourself sticking your tongue out, then post it to your Fakebook page and link it to your post? That would say the same thing more clearly and concisely.

[-] 4 points by epa1nter (4650) from Rutherford, NJ 11 years ago

Hard to do since I don't have such a device. And if I did, that would clearly make me a bad, bad revolutionary who should go to bed without his supper. Having friends is really bad too. How petty bourgeoise of me to stay in touch with them over long distances.

Still no answers to the questions? What a surprise! Who would have thought it? Silent about solutions, are we?

For someone who screams at everyone else that they're not changing the world in the approved party sanctioned way (in your party of one - you must hear that a lot going to dinner.... oh wait, eating is anti-revolutionary, I forgot!) , you have a complete poverty of ideas about what that approved, or any other, way is.

You seem to think your farts are ideas. Thanks for sharing the aroma. But next time, go to the bathroom and close the door.

[-] 2 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

Funny - I am taking notes. What to do with an arrogant troll. Talking sense does not work. {:-])

[-] 2 points by epa1nter (4650) from Rutherford, NJ 11 years ago

Funny is right. On another thread I told him I'd gladly join him if he could come up with any helpful ideas. That shut him right up.

That will do it. They have plenty of complaints and they bitch a lot and they tear down good peoples contributions - But they have absolutely nothing to offer.

And aside from allegiance to the Democratic side of the corporate-controlled two-party facade, you personally offer what and to whom?

[-] 1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 11 years ago

Really you are a Jeffersonian? Really?

[-] 0 points by egia (1) 0 minutes ago

I love my country. I hate my government. I am disgusted with the American people because the vast majority are stupid, spineless Sheeple. And if you can't sleep tonight without applying a political label to me, the most accurate would be "Jeffersonian". ↥like ↧dislike permalink

Jeffersonian democracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffersonian_democracy Jump to: navigation, search. Portrait of Thomas Jefferson by Rembrandt Peale in 1800. Jeffersonian Democracy, so named after its leading advocate Thomas ...

I have no allegiance to the Democratic party. I have an allegiance to The Constitution of the United States of America - Hence The People - You know Government Of The People By The People "FOR" The People. Where does your allegiance (lie).

I love my country. I hate my government. I am disgusted with the American people because the vast majority are stupid, spineless Sheeple. And if you can't sleep tonight without applying a political label to me, the most accurate would be "Jeffersonian".

You really think lying like this will accomplish anything positive, Grasshopper?

If you wish to dispute the fact that you are lying, post here the permalink where you said you'd "gladly join me". If I did not reply it's because I did not see it.

ForumSpeak: The True Meanings of "Spam", "Troll" and "Karma":

spam : Any forum posting that (a) conflicts with either the forum moderators' agenda or groupthink consensus; or (b) any other forum member disagrees with, doesn't like, fears or otherwise does not wish to see posted.

troll : Any forum member who posts "spam" as defined above.

karma : A numerical measure of forum groupthink contribution, conformity and compliance that says nothing about the virtues of the poster or the veracity of their postings.

Truly funny how trolls will use rules against others ( try to ) and have no intention to follow the things they quote, as trolls seem to think like their corrupt and greedy masters that rules are for others.

You must be looking in the mirror and projecting what you see, poser...

So original - NOT.

Did you remember that from something I may have said to your previous troll identity? Perhaps as recently as last night? Long memory you have - for a troll.

spam : Any forum posting that (a) conflicts with either the forum moderators' agenda or groupthink consensus; or (b) any other forum member disagrees with, doesn't like, fears or otherwise does not wish to see posted.

karma : A numerical measure of forum groupthink contribution, conformity and compliance that says nothing about the virtues of the poster or the veracity of their postings.

[-] 1 points by DKAtoday (6937) from Coon Rapids, MN 23 minutes ago

Truly funny how trolls will use rules against others ( try to ) and have no intention to follow the things they quote, as trolls seem to think like their corrupt and greedy masters that rules are for others. ↥like ↧dislike reply edit delete permalink

[-] 1 points by egia (1) 0 minutes ago

karma : A numerical measure of forum groupthink contribution, conformity and compliance that says nothing about the virtues of the poster or the veracity of their postings. ↥like ↧dislike permalink

What you run out of material already? Or do you just enjoy being repetitive.

I remember writing something similar to this once ... in the fourth grade.

So you wrote it only last year?

Still no answer to the questions.

Transparently vapid. What a waste.

I don't recall you asking me any mature, intelligent questions that I did not answer. But then again, I don't recall you asking me any mature, intelligent questions...

[-] 2 points by epa1nter (4650) from Rutherford, NJ 11 years ago

Shall I put up the list of questions and your response? No Problem.

-] 0 points by GypsyKing (6631) 15 hours ago What is your strategy exactly? Just curious. ↥like ↧dislike reply permalink

[-] 0 points by egia (1) 15 hours ago REGIME CHANGE... The May 2012 Insurrection: Tactical Briefing #

[-] 1 points by epa1nter (3912) from Rutherford, NJ 15 hours ago A few questions: How does that qualify as a viable strategy for right now? How will that change any regime? Why is that the only option for action? Do you believe that nationwide revolution will occur and accomplish regime change before November elections in a nation in which the majority of its 300 million citizens describe themselves as conservatives? What timeline do you realistically predict for regime change to take place? What indications are there that your timeline is based in reality? Polls? Surveys? Who here said they were accepting the failed system simply because they believed it critical to vote as well as take to the streets? Why does one action preclude the other? How does that not qualify as a false choice fallacy? ↥like ↧dislike reply edit delete permalink

[-] -2 points by egia (1) 14 hours ago Clueless. Absolutely clueless... ↥like ↧dislike reply permalink

[-] 1 points by epa1nter (3912) from Rutherford, NJ 14 hours ago Then enlighten me. Answer the questions. ↥like ↧dislike reply edit delete permalink

[-] 0 points by egia (1) 14 hours ago “Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”--Robert Heinlein ↥like ↧dislike permalink

[-] 2 points by epa1nter (3912) from Rutherford, NJ 14 hours ago Reply to your post below. In other words, you have no answers, only unfounded accusations about other members and unsupported declarations of what will create change. No one here, (other than the occasional right wing troll) as far as I know, opposes regime change. We are all here to discuss how that is best accomplished, as well as the what we would like to see replace it. So that is not the issue. I asked you very specific questions about what your plan is and how, in a specifically practical way, it would work. Your response was invective. All heat and no light. Hope to gain many supporters that way? My questions remain, as is my continued openness to consider your answers. (Though at this point I don't expect any, and certainly not any with the least bit of coherence.) ↥like ↧dislike reply edit delete permalink

[-] 0 points by egia (1) 14 hours ago Declare you have no allegiance to either the Democratic or Republican party, and that you recognize they are the two sides of the same corrupt corporate coin, and that voting on false choices in rigged elections with predetermined outcomes is a waste of time and resources, and we can go from there... ↥like ↧dislike permalink

-] 0 points by epa1nter (3912) from Rutherford, NJ 14 hours ago Reply to your post below: Sorry, this is not a quid pro quo. If you have a plan, by all means share it. If you truly believe what you have in mind will help, why hold it back for any reason? You made unsupported declarations. I am asking you to support them, to show that you have a workable plan. If I feel that it is indeed workable, I will be happy to join you in implementing it to the best of my ability. So far, though, you have said nothing to that effect. I await your wisdom. ↥like ↧dislike reply edit delete permalink

Your reply:

Silence and subsequent denial that this exchange ever took place.

Selective amnesia?

[Removed]

Fuck you. Anytime that you go out to a forum and act like the jack ass that you have been.....you don't win.

"Win" what?

Nothing of any consequence will be "won" in a controlled-content forum like this one.

[-] 3 points by GirlFriday (17435) 11 years ago

Save it.

"Save" what?

We hear the Democratic Party is waiting until May 2 to decide whether to embrace or condemn whatever might happen on May 1. The Republicans will of course condemn the outcome either way. But given Democrats and Republicans are puppets with the same puppetmasters, we could care less what either party embraces or condemns.

[-] 2 points by shoozTroll (17632) 11 years ago

Who's we???

Are you Mr. Enigma? I remember him, he got banned by being an asshole.

Why do you keep using "banned" as if it means something negative? In contexts like this co-optation infestation, it's a badge of honor.

What co-option is that?

You make such silly statements. I suppose you think you're being bold.

You're not. Just noncommittal.

[-] 3 points by shoozTroll (17632) 11 years ago

The biggest co-option attempt around here is and has been by the libe(R)tarians.

99spring? barely heard of them and don't care. Not a big Salon fan anyway.

You don't strike me as one either, but then again it's just a stupid op ed blog you're linking to anyway.

Pretty lame at that.

Reply to shooz below:

First of all, it's "newcomer" not "new comer". Secondly, you have no idea whether I am a newcomer or not, and for reasons you stated.

Whatever, you're still lame, you did not respond to what I posted and as before, it's easily corrected.

In you're case deduction does wonders. You've been here before.

You'll do or say something that will get you banned.

You'll come back.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Reply to shooz below:

You really, really should have someone else read your posts before you click "save" to make sure they (a) make sense and (b) have more significance than saying "Yo Mama".

[-] 3 points by shoozTroll (17632) 11 years ago

You shouldn't misquote people. It's rude.

But then so is a constant bold font.

I actually have a life here and am often on and off during any particular post , so please stop playing internet english teacher. That's rude too.

I'm hoping that before too long, you realize this an OWS "support" site and not a return to the flame wars of yesteryear.

There is a purpose.

Reply to shooz:

This WAS an OWS support site before the Demopublican co-optation infestation. And once we get rid of that - including you - it will be so again.

Be specific in your attack, Grasshopper:

Which blog? Which posting?

And take care not to attack "opinion" that turns out to be supported "fact".

Excuse me? There's over 6 months in here.

I guess I expect a "newcomer" to look around.

I used to get into long actual discussions with some of them, but that was before the low info, Bad propagandists like yourself showed up in force.

Guys like you just distract from focused dialog. Posting repetitive crap they won't really discuss. In bold yet, like you're an internet cowboy.

Yeah, I'm figuring you won't be around long, and then you'll pick another moniker and ............rinse, lather, repeat.

You're just here to give blond jokes a bad name.

Save your shit.

Nobody gives a fuck about what you hear or how you feel about it. That train rolled. You lost that. Fuck you and your PR Firm.

Do you think if you type fuck enough you will automagically become righteous?

"Grow Up."

Do you think if you continue to act like a jack off that somehow your PR firm is considered successful? You are a worthless piece of shit. Fuck you and your PR.

Do you think I lose any sleep over negative references made to me by anonymous posters in moderated forums with skewed agendas?

"Grow Up."

Well? You do keep coming back and repeating yourself.

So must think you're losing something.

Then again, maybe you're just a loser anyway.

Reply to shooz:

Somebody else is assigned to the FLAKESnews forum.

I have paperbacks of both Sun Tzu and Saul Alinsky that are dog-eared. I find both invaluable, and less inconsistent than those who have never read either tend to think:

Never fight a battle you cannot win. On the other hand recognize that - win or lose - some battles MUST be fought.

Ooooo, pithy quote. replete with name dropping.

Am I supposed to be impressed?

If you're looking for a battle? Why did you come here?

This is a support site.

You would have a lot more fun on the FLAKESnews forum.

[-] 2 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

this place isn't moderated as long as I've seen

egia

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

i'm jaded aswell

the sudden appearance of Obama in 2008 was when I lost faith in the democratic party

in era of hope and change

doesn't mean anything

and when congress near unanimously voted for to war with Iraq

If that were true you wouldn't be here. You are nothing but a troll sent to create division.

Man, you are boringly repetitive. I've wasted enough time on you today already. Goodbye.

80% of your posts say the same thing - join the Democratic Party - just in a slightly different way. And you call ME "repetitive", GypsyKing?

[-] 1 points by shoozTroll (17632) 11 years ago

Controlled how?

Some people make the most opaque statements.

"Some people make to most opaque statements."

Does this string of words make a sentence in your native language?

Easily remedied. However, you didn't answer the question.

Care to do so now?

You have nothing to worry about. Like most forum posters, you post seeking approval and consequently aim consistently for the center of groupthink consensus. For this forum, that consensus has been seriously skewed by a co-optation infestation. But then again, you already know - or should know - that.

That was wonderfully uninformative and didn't answer the question either.

I'm thinkin' yours, is that last approval I'm looking for.

Who's approval are you looking for?

I cannot answer questions framed with false premises, and that seems to be the only questions you know how to ask. Take the Red Pill and get back to me.

[-] 1 points by shoozTroll (17632) 11 years ago

You already ate the whole bag of pills. You seem to be hallucinating.

Unable to connect to reality. Unable to answer the simplest of questions.

How's the paisley ponies this time of year?

[Removed]