Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: The best way to get the 1% attention is through their pockets - unite with Occupy Dallas on a general strike on Nov. 30th

Posted 11 years ago on Nov. 15, 2011, 3:44 p.m. EST by gmxusa (274)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

So far, the Occupy movement has been a nuisance for the 1%, not too different from the beggars we see at the street corners. Now the movement is being tackled by the local police, one city at a time and soon it will be history. We should join Occupy Dallas and call for a general strike everywhere on Nov 30th while we can. When the 1% see less money in their wallet, they will care and start talking.

6 Comments

6 Comments


Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by filthyliberalDOTcom (13) 11 years ago

The 99% can easily shut down the 1%. They can leave. Go. We'll go through a short spasm of pain and then we'll pick right up and be off making and producing things and our society once again - WE don't NEED them. THEY need US.

[-] 1 points by chieftrainer (2) 11 years ago

What happens when the 99% shut down the 1% and the 1% leave? Of the 99% left, there will be 1% that make the most money in that group. I guess they should be shut down too and leave? Then the remaining 99% will still have a 1% that make the most money. Have you really thought through this process?

[-] 1 points by filthyliberalDOTcom (13) 11 years ago

Yes, I have. Stop being sillly. There will be adjustments. Do you think a massive change of state would happen without massive adjustments? Duh. Stop playing games with numbers and words. I'll not address that since it's just meat for arguing.

[-] 1 points by Cyclops08 (31) from Carlisle, IA 11 years ago

Calling for a general strike does not work in the US. No one will comply.

[Removed]

[-] 0 points by Lowtax (18) 11 years ago

A strike is pretty easy for this bunch.......obvious

[-] 0 points by Farleymowat (415) 11 years ago

You are a dreamer, living in fantasy land. The1% could close their shops and businesses and retire to a warm place. The owner of the plant I once worked in told us if we tried to get a union in, he would shut the doors. We had better than union scale wages and benefits, so it was only a few of the mentally strange that threatened union.