Posted 6 years ago on Nov. 19, 2012, 1:25 p.m. EST by agkaiser
from Fredericksburg, TX
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
By Paul Buchheit
- Only THREE PERCENT of the very rich are entrepreneurs.
- Only FOUR OUT OF 150 countries have more wealth inequality than us.
- An amount equal to ONE-HALF the GDP is held untaxed overseas by rich Americans.
- Corporations stopped paying HALF OF THEIR TAXES after the recession.
- Just TEN Americans made a total of FIFTY BILLION DOLLARS in one year.
- Tax deductions for the rich could pay off 100 PERCENT of the deficit.
- The average single black or Hispanic woman has about $100 IN NET WORTH.
- Elderly and disabled food stamp recipients get $4.30 A DAY FOR FOOD.
- Young adults have lost TWO-THIRDS OF THEIR NET WORTH since 1984.
- The American public paid about FOUR TRILLION DOLLARS to bail out the banks.
- Bonus for the super-rich: A QUADRILLION DOLLARS in securities trading nets ZERO sales tax revenue for the U.S.
This article was published at NationofChange at: http://www.nationofchange.org/ten-numbers-rich-would-fudged-1353335225 All rights are reserved.