Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Sticking it the man , in 2012 ,

Posted 12 years ago on Dec. 23, 2011, 8:32 p.m. EST by thefutureisnow (223) from Newark, NJ
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

This is about the term, sticking it to the man , This is a term that has been used for over 40 years now at many different national and international protest,s and movement rallies , And the man is not just a cop or a riot squad or a politician or federal agency , The man is anyone who tries to oppress you in any way shape or form without cause or reason with any righteous merit what so ever , OWS has oppression within the castle walls so beware,

28 Comments

28 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by MsStacy (1035) 12 years ago

Who decides if the oppression has cause, reason, or righteous merit? The problem arises when no one actually takes a vote or survey before either a protest or the response to one. Both sides like to self report and claim to represent the majority.

[-] 0 points by thefutureisnow (223) from Newark, NJ 12 years ago

you do this is not negotiable its up to the individual to decide if hey are being oppressed or not because if it feels like you are being oppressed by someone or something then you probably are and need to take affirmative action to stop the oppression ,

So I'm oppressed if I say I am? I can do anything I want and if anyone tries to stop me I can decide they do so without cause or reason and are oppressing me. You don't see this as a problem for any organization?

I walk into a bank one day a General Assembly meeting the next,and disrupt both for my own reasons. In both cases I'm removed when I refuse to accept the guidelines of behavior set down by either bank officials or every other person at that GA meeting. Because I think I'm right and they are wrong, both have oppressed me and both are "the man"?

no i do not these are theories hat have been practiced for thousands of years and have been totally successful as in the teachings of Buddha and also DT, Suzuki , instead of adapting to your environment and surroundings and letting them consume you , become your environment and surroundings and expand into the universe ,

I'm sorry your thoughts are not quite clear to me.

[-] 1 points by JPB950 (2254) 12 years ago

My god, I seriously mean this. You were rather kind to him.

[-] 1 points by kingscrossection (1203) 12 years ago

I feel as if you are oppressing me by your post that makes no sense. Killing brain cells and brainwashing me and all that other jazz. See anyone can make outrageous claims.

you must be at least intrigued otherwise why would enter this forum , i know how to stick it to the man because i years of practice and i am still alive and kicking with end in sight , this not a trick question its more like a zen riddle and if people who say they represent OWS don,t think they need Zen they are lost in a political revolution they will never be able to find their way out of because of all their complicated scenarios and solutions that will only be words i believe in action , the only things words are good for is legislation and bill amendment restriction policies to be submitted to the house of representatives,

Some view we share. I crave the day when I can enter politics and change everything that I've been seeing going wrong with this country. Reaction to action and all. Words are also good for loopholes.

yes i suppose you are correct about the loopholes for sure , words can be powerful when used in litigation or legislation or public address for instance , i think most great political leaders are the the ones who became great by accident and not by a prep school or graduate school , although those can be very helpful , i think American politics are at a crossroads right now and also a new innovative age that its quite possible that instead of one road or the other they could end up plowing right through the middle of all the divided political ideologies to date, metaphorically speaking or course , and hope fully we will all be around when the real change goes down and sticking it to the man becomes widely accepted by society ,

I just want to get back to the way we were when we started out. Or close to.

its possible that things are coming to a head and then we will know the true intentions of bills like the national defense act , and also the real intentions of the federal gov,t and the possibility that they might actually be thinking about turning over the leadership of this nation to the leaders of a foreign nation this is what keeps me up at night sometimes ,

[-] 1 points by Mooks (1985) 12 years ago

Honestly, if that really keeps you up at night you should probably get some help. I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm serious.

What keeps me up is that we are in debt to China about 8% and the fact that we are so in debt in the first place. I don't know how to fix it because I don't have that kind of schooling but it does need to change.

yea well i just got some inside info about the new air craft carrier hat china bought from Russia that they launched without nay prior notice , and many people who know about fema camps do not know the military installations set up on the east coast and the southern border near mexico that are ready to be filled with chinese and russian soldiers , who can be contracted out by the US to enforce the national defense act if the gov,t decides to implement it or enforce martial law in America in the future , there is a perimeter set up around the whole country at all the borders that go inland up to 200 miles and this project is called rex 84 , you can find it on the web simple and non detailed description of what its for , because the American soldiers do not want to lock up and detain Americans but soldiers from other countries who can be contacted out by the US have no problem with it , i know it sounds a bit conspiracy theory like bu the info is there on the web not the whole story but enough to make one think about the possibilities of it actually happening , i think its possible that the United states has lost face as a world power and is potentially being sized up for a possible invasion , even now there is a chinese army right on the other side of the mexican border in arizona and it has been filled with 10.000 plus soldiers so its a full scale chinese military base right next to America ,

So Rex 84 is basically what happened with the Japanese interment camps back in WW2?

something like that but now the want to apply that military tactic and ideology to America , at least that,s what it appears to be i could be incorrect or only partly correct , but if it did not exist you could not google it and find it on the web , i hope this helps,

[-] 0 points by ronjj (-241) 12 years ago

And if you lose the "self reporting" issue, you can always file numerous law suits to further oppress the people paying for not accepting your "self report"

This very thing is taking place today and we will be paying for all this mess for many years to come.

He used the words "without cause or reason with any righteous merit" to define when you are oppressed. I wondered who, in his mind, decides if those things exist. According to his answer to me you're oppressed when you think you are. Sounds like a tyranny of the solipsistic.

As far as legal challenges go, I'm aware of those and of course there too a party can bring action based on your own feelings, but there is ultimately a standard, there it is the judge.

[-] 1 points by Occufridazzle (-19) 12 years ago

Im all for sticking it to the man. But who is the man? The wizard of OZ? Ozzy, BO, GWB, Sir Rothschild? Wall Street bankers are not the man. They work for the man. They have wives and children just like everybody else. The suffer cancer, car wrecks, and loss of loved ones just like everybody else. Yet you OWS idiots think they are sub human. You pass judgment on them. Everyone can be bought and its usually by "The Man" but no one will ever be privy to who the man is. They only have puppets for us to blame like Bush or Obama. They laugh when you go after lowly bankers that they have bought and sold. They send police and military where they please to do as they wish. To them you are just sheeple to oppress and torment because its their entertainment. They love wars and the war machine. They get thrilled when they see protesters. You just feed their lust for power and manipulation. You are all just useless eaters to them.

i am not only against individuals i am against the power that drives them to do the things they do ,

[-] 1 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 12 years ago

The Man has become the Machine over time.

Rage Against the Machine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA

FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

what what are they killing in the name of , rage rules Zak is a musical revolutionary for sure , he is one of my favorites for about 12 years now ,

[-] 0 points by FreedomIn2012 (-36) from Hempstead, NY 12 years ago

What about the dock workers on the West coast? Or, the businesses around Zucoti Park? Did OWS not oppress them? Think about the taxpayers who have to pay for cleaning up all the garbage left, fixing destroyed property, police wages, etc.?

yes you could say that but the intention of oppression was not there OWS had no intention of oppressing the dock and city employee,s there is no premeditated agenda of oppression with the OWS movement , i am not saying that is justifies all our actions but in short we could say sorry but nobodies perfect so may be that,s kind of like everything evens out some people,s job s were temporarily hindered and OWS occupiers got their skulls busted and maced and arrested , so the way i see fuck those people why cant they say for one day shut down the dock and help us ,

Well, well, well.

So the man is anyone who tries to oppress someone in any, shape or form without cause.

What you are talking about is random cause.

You really might want to fear getting hit in the head by a meteorite more than that fearing that someone was going to oppress you without a reason.

If I decide to oppress you, you will know what the reason is. Might have more problem understanding why the meteorite does the same thing, though.

one has to decide in ones, own mind if they are being oppressed or not because if it feels like you are being oppressed by someone or something then you probably are,

Not at all. I would agree that one DOES decide in ones own mind but one does not do that without justification in their own mind. In many cases, this justification ignores all opposing justifications and simply reaches the conclusion to prove that what they felt initially is really the truth because they just proved it.

I can tell you that I am oppressed because I have to work 50 hours a week, or because my taxes are too high, or because I am a sole proprietor and things are economically bad.

What I might not tell you is that I love my work, I can afford to pay my taxes, I am surviving economically.