Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Shut Down New York Subway System 11/16/11

Posted 12 years ago on Nov. 15, 2011, 5:47 p.m. EST by USCitizenVoter (720)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Ocuppy the subway for a day. Get on the trains and ride them all day. It's a public transportation system. Have a joy ride. Bring your lunch.

55 Comments

55 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 5 points by e307465 (147) 12 years ago

So the corporate elite just take one of the million cabs in NYC. The only people you're impacting are the 99% that need the subway to get somewhere. Way to build on your reputation OWS. If you haven't noticed, people are getting sick of this. If the movement had a direction other than occupy this or that, maybe people would listen. I think you have the 1% on the ropes now.... ugh!... oh wait, they don't ride the subway.

[-] -1 points by USCitizenVoter (720) 12 years ago

If you people were covering ows backs then occupy would still have a campsite. No campsite is the problem.

[-] 3 points by e307465 (147) 12 years ago

How in the hell do you expect that to happen to a movement with no organization? Drudge has video of people taking a crap outside of the park now. How do people that have tried to support OWS defend that? How do people defend OWS occupying a public park and kicking everyone else out? How do we defend deposits into Wells Fargo while you protest outside their door? How do we defend the complete lack of professionalism shown by OWS? Expecting results by doing nothing but "occupying" is a fools game. Keep waiting!

[-] 0 points by USCitizenVoter (720) 12 years ago

Where did you get your information from? Have you ever sat down with a occupier and asked what he or she is giving up at home to camp in a crappy park? It's not as much fun as you may think.

[-] 1 points by e307465 (147) 12 years ago

That's the point... all the sacrifices are irrelevant because it does not influence people of power in any way. There must be organization in order to infiltrate and influence governement. For the record, yes, I have spoken with protestors in Cincy.

Come on e307465 Join Us for one day.

[-] 2 points by Qwerty (15) 12 years ago

I'll be using the subway to go to work, I can't live in that shitty park with all that feces, thanks for impeding in my survival! Kudos!!! Why not occupy park avenue. None of us live there...

OWS lost their home today :(
I'll can save you a seat

[-] 1 points by e307465 (147) 12 years ago

I'll make you a promise. I am in Philly right now and heading back to Ohio for Thankgiving tomorrow. I will be back the following week and will swing by.

awesome

[-] 2 points by Mooks (1985) 12 years ago

I think the 99% is getting sick of OWS. OWS needs to decide if they are still about the 99% or if they are a left-wing fringe group. Occupying the subways will be seen by the 99% as the later.

America will see it as the boston tea party THE REVOLT

[-] 2 points by Mooks (1985) 12 years ago

Or as a major disruption to their lives. You have to remember, the majority of America still has it pretty comfortable, despite how bad things are right now for others. Most people view this as simply a deep recession that will recover. I tend to agree. The richest 1% have consistently held between 30-40% of the nations wealth. It is nothing new. We do need to get the money out of politics though, that will take care of a lot of problems.

The first oil barron in America got filthy rich off of Americas oil. His family has been stickin it to us since about 1930

[-] 1 points by Mooks (1985) 12 years ago

Rockefeller was worth between $400 and $600 billion in inflation adjusted dollars. And people complain about the wealthy people of today.

That's a lot bucks.

[-] 4 points by Rico (3027) 12 years ago

Yes ! Make all the normal people of New York hate you ! That's a GREAT idea !

Hi Rico how ya do in bring ya boys and join us

[-] 3 points by bored (17) 12 years ago

This is a great idea!!! piss off as many as you can. that way, this whole thing will come to an end, and we can stop wasting tax dollars cleaning up after you slugs.

Come on bored join us for one day :)

[-] 1 points by bored (17) 12 years ago

oh, I'll be there. going to work, then going home. trust me, I wont think any less of OWS....

See you in the morning I'll be holding the white bag of doughnuts. Feel free to ask me for one.

[-] 3 points by thethirdeye (-10) 12 years ago

Sounds like an excellent plan. Piss off the average working stiff and then they will just end up associating OWS with as a bunch of dirty hippies taking a break from University to play rebel at the expense of making your work day even shittier.

Come on New York City Join Us for one day.

[-] 2 points by Watchdood (8) from Jersey City, NJ 12 years ago

Is OWS really this clueless? Don't they realize that "the 99%" actually have to use subways to get to their JOBS? And they NEED those jobs to pay for rent, food, etc.? Maybe if OWS actually had life responsibilities beyond plotting "REVOLUTION!!1" in mommy's basement...

Some of us are veterans that fought to keep your butt safe at night. Some of us are on vacation. Don't assume anything. ass u me

[-] 1 points by Watchdood (8) from Jersey City, NJ 12 years ago

Sure you are, sparky. Great theft of valor there, wangsucker.

3 bulls were discussing the fact that the farmer had a new bull coming to join the herd. The big bull said that he had 20 cows that he was in love with and the new bull couldn't have any of them. The middle bull said he had 10 cows that he was in love with and the new bull couldn't have any of them. The small bull said the he had 5 cows that he was in love with and the new bull couldn't have any of them. On the day the new bull arrived the 3 bulls gathered around and notice how the new bull was kickin the shit out of the truck wanting out. He was one big SOB. The big bull said he can have 10 of my cows, the middle bull said he can have 5 of my cows all along the little bull was stomping the ground and snorting in hopes that the new bull would notice that he was a bull.

[-] 2 points by Beezelbub (6) 12 years ago

great idea. not! the only people you're affecting is the 99% you're claiming to represent.

If the phones were ringing at the mayors office today then the judge may have extended his hand out and allowed occupy to remain at the park. ows lost their home today. The shut down of the transportation system is a revolt for unfair justice. The mayor knew revolts like this were going to happen. Call Him If You Have A Problem getting to work.

[-] 1 points by Beezelbub (6) 12 years ago

give me a break. real change doesn't come from shutting down the subway. real change doesn't come from occupying a plot of land in a city. real change comes from your vote. don't be a sheep and continuously vote for the same jerkoffs (democrats and republicans) that got us into this mess.

ows has got to try something new

[-] 1 points by Beezelbub (6) 12 years ago

something new would be having no democrats or republicans in office come janaury 2013.

The Day could be written down in history books Come on join us Beezelbub for the day :)

[-] 1 points by Capitalist111 (59) 12 years ago

So now you nimrods want to stop the Average person from going back and forth to work, well I hope someone knocks you flat on your ass.

3 bulls were discussing the fact that the farmer had a new bull coming to join the herd. The big bull said that he had 20 cows that he was in love with and the new bull couldn't have any of them. The middle bull said he had 10 cows that he was in love with and the new bull couldn't have any of them. The small bull said the he had 5 cows that he was in love with and the new bull couldn't have any of them. On the day the new bull arrived the 3 bulls gathered around and notice how the new bull was kickin the shit out of the truck wanting out. He was one big SOB. The big bull said he can have 10 of my cows, the middle bull said he can have 5 of my cows all along the little bull was stomping the ground and snorting in hopes that the new bull would notice that he was a bull.

More like nomads, we lost our home today :(

[-] 1 points by BobS (58) from Douglas, GA 12 years ago

You want to cause more of a reaction... Why not make 11/16/11 the call Goldman Sachs all day and jam their switchboards. A lot more fun and will have more impact. Here is the number +1.212.902.1000

[-] 1 points by BobS (58) from Douglas, GA 12 years ago

And what does THIS accomplish??

Sorry but answer you later. Were going back to liberty square right now and the cops look like their ready to kick some ass.

[-] 1 points by steven2002 (363) 12 years ago

Lay on the tracks, force the Subways to stop. While you are at it grab the third rail, that will show them.

I'm going for a comfortable seat next to a window :)

[-] 0 points by steven2002 (363) 12 years ago

Watch for the sparks.

[-] 0 points by OWSCityHall (12) 12 years ago

Once again, doing this to people will not make them believe in OWS, it will just piss them off. You can't keep disrupting people's lives and expect them to support OWS.

Now will you tell us how OWS has affected your day to day operations? Have you lost a single second of sleep?

[-] 0 points by steven2002 (363) 12 years ago

Yes, occupy the subways, take over the stations, block the entrances and lay down on the tracks. Everybody should clime down on the tracks and lay down, hold hands and the first and last person in line should grab the third rail. Shut down the Subway that will show them.

steven2002 suggesting a mass suicide is not a nice thing to do :(

[-] 0 points by JonFromSLC (-107) from West Valley City, UT 12 years ago

what exactly will this accomplish?

[Removed]

For public transportation in New York City you have two main options. They work on the same system with the same tickets so you can combine the two for the same price.

• The subway – This is almost always the fastest way to get anywhere, except late at night when taxis can, and do, fly through the city streets.

• The bus system – These aren’t used often by visitors to the city, but in certain cases they can really come in handy. Particularly for going up and down the avenues, or for people who can’t deal with lots of stairs, these can be a helpful option.

[-] -1 points by beautifulworld (23767) 12 years ago

I, personally, think this is a bad idea. The subway is for the 99%. That is who rides those trains. Also, I think the threats for Thursday's activities was a big part of why Bloomberg threw the occupiers out of Zuccotti last night.

I disagree with you beautifulworld

No problem. I just think there are other places to occupy that have more significance. I don't think the subway has any significance really. It is the working man's transportation.

Well OWS is on the streets now. Not even a crappy tent to rest in. What do you think OWS should do durning the day. We'll rest durning the day and stay awake at night. This sucks.

I just emailed Mayor Bloomberg and I will email some other politicians. Maybe if we bombard them with phone calls and emails they will allow you guys your right to free speech, the supposed bedrock of our nation.You occupiers are absolute heroes. You really are. I don't care what anyone says, you are awesome, amazing people. It is completely wrong what Bloomberg did last night. Makes me sick. In the meantime think about occupying places where the 1% congregate. Don't give up. Those of us who can't actually occupy are with you.

This is not a lost movement. Thanks for the cheer beautifulworld.