Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Senate Bill 1867

Posted 12 years ago on Nov. 28, 2011, 3:55 p.m. EST by withyou (4) from Estero, FL
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

If this is passed today, all of us OWS folks are in danger of disappearing.

Senate Bill, S. 1867, the National Defense Authorization Act bill, will be on the Senate floor on Monday.

If enacted, sections 1031 and 1032 of the NDAA would:

1) Explicitly authorize the federal government to indefinitely imprison without charge or trial American citizens and others picked up inside and outside the United States;

(2) Mandate military detention of some civilians who would otherwise be outside of military control, including civilians picked up within the United States itself; and

(3) Transfer to the Department of Defense core prosecutorial, investigative, law enforcement, penal, and custodial authority and responsibility now held by the Department of Justice.

7 Comments

7 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by Hobohemian (260) 12 years ago

I believe this is just another brick in the wall, I mean they are stealing the Republic right under everybody's noses. This is one concerned citizen from Occupy Oakland to all of you at Occupy Wall St. What a sham this democracy is.

[-] 1 points by ARod1993 (2420) 12 years ago

I thought that the Udall Amendment nullified three quarters of this crap. What happened?

[-] 1 points by hidden (430) from Los Angeles, CA 12 years ago

free country...

[-] 1 points by thrasymaquee (2) 12 years ago

does anyone still believe that we still live in a free country- where its government represents the people- and its bill of rights is followed- training web page http://tinyurl.com/7rvpv43 thrasymaque

[-] 1 points by bigbangbilly (594) 12 years ago

Whole families and lives will be destroy lives would be lost and prison guards to be paid.

[-] 0 points by kestrel (274) 12 years ago

What? You didn't think that elites would react? It is OWS that is the justification for this bill.... It is what you wanted.

[-] 1 points by ronimacarroni (1089) 12 years ago

You got to be kidding me