Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Romney says he's for 100% of Americans (except for 47% of them). His math skills are lacking.

Posted 11 years ago on Oct. 4, 2012, 12:10 p.m. EST by Underdog (2971) from Clermont, FL
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Are the American people blind? Don't they know who/what this guy represents?

30 Comments

30 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by stevebol (1269) from Milwaukee, WI 11 years ago

Let's stick to our numbers, 99 and 1. Keep It simple.

[-] 1 points by ThomasKent (131) 11 years ago

Republicans are horrible at math. The Iraq War was only supposed to cost $50 billion. The Pentagon lost $2.3 trillion in 2001 during peace time. If losing that much money didn't crash the US economy what will? That should have shut the government down. Republicans still want us to believe in Reaganomics.

[-] -2 points by Clicheisking (-210) 11 years ago

Okay. Vote for Obama the messiah again! He ' ll perform his miracles THIS time! Blah blah blah....

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by Clicheisking (-210) 11 years ago

Romney will strip every single public program? Can you back that accusation up? Or more accurately, can your DNC masters back it up?

[Removed]

[-] 2 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

1 pound of chicken for 3 pounds of grain

1 pound of beef for 10 pounds of grain

Chicken and Beef have the essential amino acids. Grain does not. A diet consisting of only grain will eventually lead to malnutrition, related health issues,and eventually death.

Essential Amino Acid Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_amino_acid

Complete Protein Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_protein

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

no one gets the essential daily recommended nutrition

Visit McDonald's more often.

[-] 0 points by Clicheisking (-210) 11 years ago

I'm not a republican. You democrat filth. And it's just as I thought: you have no proof. You have nothing but irrational, childish bullshit. Go away red scum.

[Removed]

So because the word democRat is different? Huh?

[-] -1 points by ericweiss (575) 11 years ago

name calling is the first sign of dementia - please see your doctor

I notice no answer to my previous post. Or are you addressing zenred?

[-] -3 points by ericweiss (575) 11 years ago

Do not vote for Obama -
let wall street be wall street
support the 1%
they will take care of us
the koch brothers are building soylent green factories
that, plus the abstanance only programs will solve all of our problems

[-] 4 points by TrevorMnemonic (5827) 11 years ago

Let me know when the Obama administration stops giving more money to Wall Street....

How much money is Ben Bernanke giving them this month? Didn't Obama reappoint that guy even though he was picked by George W Bush?

Romney and Obama = giving money to Wall Street.

They are part of the system and funded by billions of dollars from private interests.

Next you'll tell me he was forced to appeal in favor for indefinite detention laws.

Why doesn't Obama speak out against the world's largest prison population aka a crime against humanity? It takes place in our own country. I know Romney isn't going to do anything about it. Some civil rights groups have called the drug laws the new Jim Crow... as their inception was based on racism and profits.

[-] 2 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

The fact that this is being downvoted shows that the truth doesnt matter in this country, just slick marketing and cheap talking points.

[-] 2 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 11 years ago

wall street is as wall street does

[-] -3 points by commonsense11 (195) 11 years ago

Congratulations Underdog. You just showed what a sheep you are. Anyone with any common sense understood what Romney was saying. He would concentrate his energy on the 53% he feels can be persuaded to vote for him during the election process. He isn't going to waste time trying to convince the 47% that can't be convinced to vote for him. It has nothing to do with who he will represent post election. You and others like you are so easily swayed by twisted words and arguments presented out of context. Yes both sides do it. Why? Because the world is full of gullible people so desperate to support their opinions that they will be willing to accept the lies spread by both sides. Now get a clue and start really thinking for yourself!

[-] 4 points by Underdog (2971) from Clermont, FL 11 years ago

How are we to judge candidates other than by what they say and/or do?

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ... These are people who pay no income tax. ... [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

After that debacle was exposed, he goes on Fox (surprise) and says he supports the 100% in America:

"MIAMI –  Facing tough questions about his commitment to all Americans, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney declared Wednesday that his campaign supports "the 100 percent in America." Romney was responding at a televised forum to questions sparked by his remarks last spring that, as a candidate, "my job is not to worry about" the 47 percent of Americans who don't earn enough to pay income taxes and are likely to support President Barack Obama. He also described them as people who are "dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe they are entitled" to a wide range of benefits."

I am not against the fact that Romney is revealing his election strategy to a bunch of fat cats in a fund raiser. But he was in a room with his elitest pals and spoke the true Romney that he wasn't expecting would be revealed to the outside world.

"...who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them."

THAT is the part of what he said that has the country so insulted. THAT is the part which so blatently displays that Romney is every bit the plutocratic elitest that everyone suspected that he was. THAT is the attitude that clearly displays just how out of touch he is with the common man/woman who, by the way, also includes poor Republicans who vote values rather than common sense about the R wealth agenda who are on food stamps and other government assistance, veterans who rely on the government, etc.

Don't insult my intelligence with your pathetic attempt to defend this ultra-capitalistic swine. Anyone with common sense can easily tell what Romney represents and who he represents...and it isn't the little guy.

[-] 0 points by hchc (3297) from Tampa, FL 11 years ago

Rule Number One in Political Pressure: ALWAYS judge them by what they do, NEVER by what they say.

[-] -1 points by commonsense11 (195) 11 years ago

Obviously he is talking about convincing these people to vote for him. He won't spend his efforts during this election trying to convince that 47% to vote for him. You sir are a sheep so desperate to believe garbage that you ignore common sense.

[-] 2 points by Underdog (2971) from Clermont, FL 11 years ago

I am not desperate to believe anything. Re-read what I said to you. He revealed himself, not only to those in the room but fortunately, through a leaked video, to the entire world. I am not desperate. The man disgusts me. He is dangerous, and he is the quintessential plutocratic puppet of the power-elite of this nation. You are talking to a life-long progressive common man (who also, at the moment, happens to be poor). And you would expect me to support this "person"? It is quite clear what people like the Kochs and Sheldon Adelson and such want to do with this country. Their intentions are obvious by the organizations they have funded and the agendas that they promote. Romney would carry out their agenda anyway he could if it were in his power were he elected, because he is part of that crowd and believes in what they believe. He is for Big Business, anti-environment, anti-regulation, anti-tax (for the rich, but not the middle-class), and the rest of the Rich Republican agenda. Do you think people are stupid? People have at long last wised up to what Rich Republicans are all about. Actually, their agenda has always been known to those in the know. But in times past they were better at keeping it secret than they are now. Now they have been completely exposed, so they don't see any reason in trying to hide it anymore (and that's a good thing). Yes, class warfare is now a reality in this country. So the little guy like me and the rest of Occupy is forced to fight against these rich assholes before they take over the whole planet and destroy it with their relentless egotistical drive for more and more profits. Wtf do they care about the environment? Wtf do they care about the common man/woman? Wtf do they care about education? Wtf do they care about anything except lining their pockets and getting even more ridiculously and insanely wealthy than they already are?

Wtf are you supporting?

[-] 2 points by ericweiss (575) 11 years ago

Seriously - willard makes nixon look honest
you only need one reason to vote for Obama
.................................................................................SCOTUS

Yes, Mitt Rob Me makes Nixon look like political Christ, and the possible SCOTUS appointments that might happen in the next 4 years are critical appointments indeed. Good comment and reminder about that.

[-] 1 points by ericweiss (575) 11 years ago

OT- but I'm curious - how is your governor regarded today ?
& do you think FL will go for Obama ? & whats up with voter suppression in FL now?

[-] 1 points by Underdog (2971) from Clermont, FL 11 years ago

I don't follow Florida politics as closely as I should, primarily because Rick Scott bought his way into the Governorship (FYI, he's a billionaire, and spent $50M of his own money on campaigning). He is just like Romney...a businessman who thought he could be a politician (except that Romney actually was a Governor, but most in Mass think he was a poor one).

Currently the race is VERY tight in Florida (it is a swing state). Obama has a 1 or 2 point lead the last I heard, so it could go either way here. There are so many retired people in Florida from all over, so there is a built-in fiscal Conservative base here that usually, in most instances, favors Republicans. It is normally considered a Red state.

Voter suppression was exposed here over 1 to 2 months ago I think (I first saw it on Rachel Maddow's show). It has been getting a fair amount of attention off and on. I don't have a clue on what kind of impact it might have here.

[-] 1 points by ericweiss (575) 11 years ago

thanx! Rachel is great ditto Lawrence & Ed & Chris

Here's the actual segment from her show I saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waBlP8nvlOI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If that isn't class warfare what is?

The preamble to the Constitution says –

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

US Constitution

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html