Posted 11 years ago on Dec. 1, 2011, 9:53 a.m. EST by BenThare
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
"I'm so scared of this anti-Wall Street effort. I'm frightened to death," said Frank Luntz, a Republican strategist and one of the nation's foremost experts on crafting the perfect political message. "They're having an impact on what the American people think of capitalism." Luntz offered tips on how Republicans could discuss the grievances of the Occupiers, and help the governors better handle all these new questions from constituents about "income inequality" and "paying your fair share."
- Don't say 'capitalism.'."
- Don't say that the government 'taxes the rich.' Instead, tell them that the government 'takes from the rich.'
- Republicans should forget about winning the battle over the 'middle class.' Call them 'hardworking taxpayers.'
- Don't talk about 'jobs.' Talk about 'careers.'
- Don't say 'government spending.' Call it 'waste.'
- Don't ever say you're willing to 'compromise.'
- The three most important words you can say to an Occupier: 'I get it.'
- Out: 'Entrepreneur.' In: 'Job creator.'
- Don't ever ask anyone you want them to 'sacrifice.'
- Always blame Washington.
- BONUS: Don't say 'bonus!' And they say OWS(99%) thrashing about!