Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: PUFF on "puff6269," Make Sure You're Tasting Real Coke.

Posted 12 years ago on Dec. 1, 2011, 4:50 p.m. EST by puff6962 (4052)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

I seem to have made enough of an ass of myself for someone to pretend to be me. I really don't see any way around this one.....people are free to pretend to be who they are or aren't.

But, please, monitor the names of the poster.....I am the real Coca-cola and whoever this puff6269 is, well, they are to be pitied.

Wouldn't it just be easier to impersonate yourself?

98 Comments

98 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by blazefire (947) 12 years ago

I wish I deserved an imposter!

[-] 1 points by debndan (1145) 12 years ago

sniff sniff me too, I mean I try hard and all but I guess my work hasn't been good enough for my own personal troll

puff has all the luck

[-] 2 points by April (3196) 12 years ago

I hate to say this puff, but thanks to imposter puff, this is the funniest thread EVER!

[-] 2 points by JadedCitizen (4277) 12 years ago

Beware the anti-Puff! He will deceive you!

[-] 0 points by puff6962 (4052) 12 years ago

Yes, he's like Bizarro Puff.

[-] 1 points by JadedCitizen (4277) 12 years ago

Ah, you're bringing back memories.

what is this please wait 0 minutes before making another post junk?

Ya, if you've got 10 notifications.......14 ..16 ..18 .. 20, ya 20, fucking minutes just to respond.

What kind of mickey mouse operation is this?

[-] 2 points by randart (498) 12 years ago

It is the minions of reality distortion at work.

[-] 1 points by AFarewellToKings (1486) 12 years ago

I've learned a lot in the time I've been here. I spent as much time on this forum as I have on all other forums combined. I'm doing it because I have two little kids and if things don't improve... what was that quote from one of the founding fathers about if there is to be trouble let it be in our time to spare the children...

I felt so disgusted after seeing this and realizing I had an encounter with this /restraint on/ person/ restraint off/ that the thought crossed my mind that maybe it was time to head back to my home movement. And by now everybody must be sick and tired of me and the fuckin Declaration anyway.

I had some time to think about it while I took the kids to the school concert tonight and one of the songs they did was MJ's Man In The Mirror. I'm not a huge fan of MJ (nobody's figured out my username yet?!?WTF?) but the kids have this song on their ipods and I kinda like it. As I sat there listening to it while my daughter sang along, I realized that my work here isn't finished and the stakes are too high to quit.

OWS/99% strikes a chord with all of us (except of course, you know-who) and we need to take a step back once in a while and take a moment to show respect for each other. We want the movement to build on the success of the birth and form a world, a state of integrity, sensitive, open, and strong.

Farewell OWS/99%

Now, do I have to come down there and kick some NYC ass or what? lol

[-] 1 points by jjuussttmmee (607) 12 years ago

march to your bank and remove your money. Pay off your credit cards and destroy them. Never borrow again.

[-] 1 points by April (3196) 12 years ago

I'm not sick of you Farewell. Continue kicking butt!

Thanks April, for your kind words, and your easily recognizable username!! ; )

To answer Jimi Hendrix's immortal question, YES, I have been to Electric Ladyland. I spent a few days in Manhattan in the Spring of '85, found the famous recording studio, and was invited to go in and say hello. I'll never forget standing there in the presence of the ghosts of Jimi, Zeppelin, AC/DC, et al. I also stood at the top of the World Trade Center.

Next time it's the Statue Of Liberty!

So far so good. But I've been being a little more vocal than usual lately. 1 person even threatened me in a private message, and another lied to me! Those kind of people scare me. Another guy got mad at me and called me a not so nice large name. Being that I'm 5'7 125, I wasn't really upset by that, but STILL! Seriously, some people......

Your Manhattan adventure sounds awesome. It's great that you got to do all of that and have such good memories!

I still am wondering about the significance of that NYCGA thing you PMd me. Can you explain?

Also, I had an idea for a few demands. Can you take a look. Jump in and share your thoughts, I would appreciate. : )

http://occupywallst.org/forum/puff-on-the-stupidity-of-the-ows-movement/#comment-455231

[-] 1 points by puff6962 (4052) 12 years ago

I think that all of us fear that we are just spinning our wheels.

Maybe if a number of us get together and try to put together a OWS version of "Common Sense," it would be helpful.

[-] 1 points by beautifulworld (23769) 12 years ago

I checked out this thread to see if I was right about your impersonator. Sad person he/she.

And, here you have a great idea.

Yes. The movement could use a manifesto or treatise, but it would have to be the real deal - something to stand the test of time, such as Paine's or Rousseau's. A document outlining a political philosophy that will work for the 21st century and beyond. I'm not sure ideologically we're there yet. It will take more than a few months to coalesce, but people should start thinking about this.

Just don't title it "Mein Kampf."

I've been rereading "Freedom From Fear," by David Kennedy....a book about the Great Depression.....and it is amazing how many ideas floating around OWS are reproductions of those suggested in the 1930's.

I think that there is enough wisdom presented in that book to format a philosophy of a movement and enough history to tell us what to avoid.

Unfortunately, we are in the middle of selling our old house and I've got to do about 20 things before we close this month.....headaches galore and not much good for serious thought.

[-] 1 points by beautifulworld (23769) 12 years ago

I'll check out the book. Good luck with your house. At least you have a buyer!

It's good....in fact, I forgot to mention, it won the Pulitzer Prize in 2001.

Thanks Puff It was Margaret Mead that said never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

When the next generation asks, we'll be able to tell them we did our part.

I have yet to read 'Common Sense' but as a farmer, I'm good with common sense. I'm in.

Spinning our wheels is about right. Thats what happens when a protest is run by anarchists.

My common sense says - lose the anarchy, lose the direct democracy nonsense of ineffective, laborous, time consuming, tedious, can't possibly get anything substantial or meaningful done, consensus absurdity. We need new leadership and an effective organization structure. And oh yeah - I don' think we need Serbian Revolution fighters telling us how to run an American protest. We need to lose them too.

[-] 1 points by jjuussttmmee (607) 12 years ago

many are trying to "get together" we just don't have time to waste on silly demands, or a group that just wastes our drive and does not channel the anger into change. We need good leadership with A GOOD ideas who are not afraid to speak up and make our demands heard, and lay down their lives to make changes the people want if needed. Less than that and it will be a fail movement before it starts. if 99% can not get together to oppose the 1% we are a sorry lot then. allowing 1 person to stop 99 people from achieving their dreams, big changes must occur.

[-] 1 points by Rico (3027) 12 years ago

I'm jealous. I have no impostors ;o(

We agree.

1) Return POLITICAL power to the people: http://occupywallst.org/forum/we-the-people-in-order-to-a-proposal/

2) Educate people on the use of the ECONOMIC power they already have: http://occupywallst.org/forum/the-power-of-the-people/

As far as I'm concerned, everything else that needs to be done can be done through these two objectives.

Thank you. We need people to sign the petitions. getmoneyout.com already has over 250K signatures. Please sign and help spread the word.

http://www.getmoneyout.com

[-] 1 points by looselyhuman (3117) 12 years ago

Same here, WTF.

Although I have seen 'RicoSuave' but I think that's just my daughter pulling my chain.

How about 'VaguelyHuman' ? 'InHumane' ?

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 12 years ago

loosely human

OK, now I'm just confused.

[-] 1 points by MattLHolck (16833) from San Diego, CA 12 years ago

that's the only one of that genre that I recognize

I just wish mine could spell his name. Of course, douche bag is not so simple.

[-] 2 points by Rico (3027) 12 years ago

Well ANY 13 year old can spell 'SackOfShit' ;o)

[-] 1 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 12 years ago

I thought I noticed a distinct change in attitude.

[-] 1 points by TLydon007 (1278) 12 years ago

http://occupywallst.org/forum/articulating-the-overall-demand/#comment-447554

This is the guy that took your name..

"Occupyalife".

Notice he posted this same thing all over the forum...

I actually love that post because the fact that it's the best thing opponents of OWS can come up with really says a lot about them.

He started his own movement - OccupyPuff.

Ya, I think this was the guy who told me that "You couldn't handle freedom," like some Jack Nicholson saying "You can't handle the truth!"

Hell hath no fury like a douchebag scorned.

It's Occupy Forum Envy. Emulation is the sincerest form of flattery you know! Personally, I don't think anyone can be you the way you do.

[-] 1 points by kingscrossection (1203) 12 years ago

I thought love was the sincerest form of flattery.

[-] 1 points by CrossingtheDivided (357) from Santa Ysabel, CA 12 years ago

No, love is the sincerest form of insanity.

[-] 2 points by gnomunny (6819) from St Louis, MO 12 years ago

I thought imitation was the sincerest form of insanity. No, wait . . . now I'm confused.

lol I think it is imitation! I don't know how I came up with emulation?? I knew that didn't sound right. Because its too close to ejaculation. I should have known something was wrong with that.

Ejaculation is the sincerest form of flattery! Now that's hilarious!!

Wait! I'm laughing so hard I cannot breath!! I think I'm hypervenilating. Tooooooo funnnnnny!

I came up with another one below with kingscrossection. Yours is better though!

It's good to inject a little humor in this forum. I certainly enjoy it. Reading others as well as adding mine. There certainly are some creative people here!

[-] 0 points by April (3196) 12 years ago

Totally. Somehow with all of these great creative minds and good ideas, too bad nothing ever gets done. Just a hunch, but I think its because of the anarchy......

I think something will get done, it's just going to take some time. We can hope anyway, eh?

Only if they lose the anarchy and direct democracy, get some leadership and an effective organizational structure.

[-] -1 points by Thrasymaque (-2138) 12 years ago

You are really upset about anarchy! It has become your leitmotif!

lol. But it's not my "theme" (did I get that right?). It's the OWS theme. Form shapes content, right?

[-] 0 points by kingscrossection (1203) 12 years ago

One persons opinion

I'm not the only one, see:

"Love is a serious mental disease." - Plato

Not my opinion originally.

"All we need is Love" - The Beatles

[-] 0 points by CrossingtheDivided (357) from Santa Ysabel, CA 12 years ago

“Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness.” - Bertrand Russell

Aww! That is so beautiful. But now I'm confused. You're either a hopeless romantic, or you're afraid to be in love (mental disease?).

Look away -- I'm hideous (anarchist)!

Hopeless, right. Romantic, ye-uh huh, and. . .I'm definitely diseased. So stand back, it's spreading!!

If the disease thing is communicable, then yes, I'm a little concerned. If you are talking about being an anarchist, that doesn't bother me in the least. As long as you're not violent or anything like that. In fact, I bet you're hot! Why are you hopeless??

Well, I feel hopeless (note: I feel, I don't act in desperation) because I guess I'm sort of human (in my way;~) and looking around at the state of society and the world . . .ahh \shutters\ !

Not a disease per se. . . yet near where I've been living the past 6 years it's practically considered a communicable virus: the unspeakable, hideous fact of life that some people are working harder, doing all the 'prudent things' and getting poorer all the same . . . . . . and to Not Be Like That, I guess the unspoken strategy is to treat said failure as a pariah.

People are largely still in denial, superstitious, afraid. And I believe it affects us all, whether we're aware or not. So it's not just 'poor me'!

I see the hardened heart and shut-off emotions of many scared people every day; this fear will lead some to support bad policies, do destructive things in their own life, and further shut themselves off to the frightening disorder of the world around them.

If Occupy thoughts and sentiments are to blossom into something thriving and beautiful, it must be first and most of all about the social revolution, re-awakening to your environment, really speaking and listening to your neighbors, breaking down all boarders and defenses.

If that doesn't happen first, then any political movement will be have the seeds of more tyranny sown in, and will fail like so many others in the past.

It's a long process, a slow education, to enchant the public back to it's senses.

Yes, empathy for our fellow mortals is the bedrock we must cultivate; just tearing down current structures and building new ones, or making minor adjustments to current ones. . .that's all meaningless 'til the bedrock is stable and prepared for meaningful change.

"The demand for equal rights in every vocation of life is just and fair; but, after all, the most vital right is the right to love and be loved." - Emma Goldman

. . . .Love america, though on its sick bed it may be; we will come awake from the feverish worship of Mammon, and serve the true cause of democracy!

I think I understand. I tend to agree. I see it more like we have to take a good look at ourselves first. What we have let our society become. I think partly our apathy has let us get to this point where we have so many problems. We reap what we sow (another metephor, I checked it first, think I got it right haha!)

I am hopeful though. I hope you have some hope too, and you didn't REALLY mean you are hopeless. I don't really think you are hopeless, otherwise you wouldn't be here.

I just don't believe in anarchy. I don't think its workable. I think we evolved from anarchy because it won't work on a large scale.

Do you mind if I ask you? What would be your true hope of this movement, however idealistic. If your wish could be granted, what would you like to see come out of this movement?

No, romantic love is a form of temporary insanity cured by marriage.

lol. OWS is a form of temporary insanity too.

Yes, and marriage is grand..........................and divorce is about a 150 grand.

I always mix my metaphors! You could very well be correct. But the idea is there somehow I think! You know what they say - the sun never shines when its raining!! : ) Well, sometimes it does. ok I'm not doing metaphors anymore.

No your metaphor was correct I was just trying to get a weird thread started. I think you can go either way with it in reality.

lol. You've succeeded! Emulation is correct?? Are you sure?? See my post above to gnomunny.

No its emulation. Although I guess you can make the argument for what gnomunny said as well.

The most ridiculous part of this is that the other post we are on with the 2 demands is fake puff! lol. He tricked me again!

http://occupywallst.org/forum/puff-on-the-stupidity-of-the-ows-movement/#comment-454032

Poor real puff. I feel awful about this!

OWS is the sincerest form of anarchy. : )

Its sometimes hard to tell but real puff has a certain eloquence that fake puff and I lack. Look for curse words is my hint.

P.S. OWS is sincere, just unclear!

"Love is the sincerest form of flattery" - that sounds pretty eloquent to me! Don't be so modest.

Curse words - check!

OWS unclear? I think its pretty clear. Direct Democracy and ending government.

Oh. Well thank you. I don't really like to make myself out to be the better person. And bringing in the illegals or keeping them out or unionizing everyone or not and giving health care to everyone or not. Just a couple that I've seen. However, direct democracy and limiting government control are both goods ideas in my book.

I happen to disagree. Strongly. But I would love for it to be voted upon.

Which one? Or all?

I don't believe in Direct Democracy at all. I think it is dangerous and ineffective on a large scale. It's ok for deciding with a group of friends - where are we going for dinner and drinks tonight. That works. Thats about it. I do not believe we should change our Representative form of government.

Limiting government, not really. I think government could be more effective. But I think there should be stronger regulations on the financial industry. And I think Anti-trust laws should be stronger.

The capitalist system is self correcting. That is the reason fro business cycles and the like. Personally, I think the government should take a step back for 100 years and only intervene when necessary. An example would be a monopoly.

I knew that wasn't you.

[-] 1 points by GirlFriday (17435) 12 years ago

If someone had not mentioned the difference last night, I would not have realized that it wasn't you. I thought some of the postings were odd.

What a world.

Can I be puff 6969?

Sure. 6962 was the number of joints I smoked before I quit.

You know you're going to have to start every post with I am the real Coca-cola now, don't you?

Ya. Sometimes, I argue for things that may seem inconsistent until I can get my reasoning explained. Perhaps, puff6269 can do a better job being me than I can.

Strange, having to check the Puff numbers that is, to make sure I'm conversing with the real Coca-cola.

[-] 1 points by JadedGem (895) 12 years ago

Yeah, I was scared you were having a really bad day. I've had bad days myself so didn't catch on. I'm so sorry, puff is suppose to be PUFF!

[-] 1 points by JadedGem (895) 12 years ago

lol, the name game goes on so much here! Damn! Good to know.

[-] 0 points by TripleTittyTheTroll (1) from Salt Lake City, UT 12 years ago

I think puff6269 and puff6962 should get married. They make the perfect couple.

[-] 2 points by richardkentgates (3269) 12 years ago

I think you should stop trolling under everyone else name.

[-] 0 points by ZenDogTroll (13032) from South Burlington, VT 12 years ago

yeah - I dunno - you guys look just alike. I can't tell ya apart at all - unless you say something.

What?

Ya, and you can't search this forum to see where the little bugger has been.

[-] 1 points by ZenDogTroll (13032) from South Burlington, VT 12 years ago

hopefully someone will make some improvements in that regard. I like to envision the possibility of creating my own fan club and cult of personality.

That way I can begin my wildest dreams of purges and re-education programs in earnest . . .

hehehe

[-] 0 points by SpartacusTheSlave (60) from Las Vegas, NV 12 years ago

Why don't you change your name?