Posted 9 months ago on Dec. 4, 2013, 8:33 p.m. EST by dukehagen
from Anrode, TH
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
I have a really great suggestion that might be really helping the people with the NSA-surveilling-everyone-problem. The idea is as follows:
I, as I guess most people, suffer because of the NSA (and "friends") surveillance, because I started to feel having to think about every facebook-post and every email: do I want the NSA (or BND, I'm from Germany) to have that particular information about me or not? But some days ago I made a joke and talked into my phone "directly to the NSA", and I realized something: "Wait a minute! If they really surveill everything, we could use that against them!" Because they have thousands of employees (direct or in contractors), who have to check our data. And even if those employees don't read every piece of data, they will read the meta data in which there is the essence of all those messages. And if they read the specific messages: even better!
Because my idea is that we all start a Meme or a campaign or whatever, that will weaken the NSA by the days. Here is how it works:
That Meme could have the keyword "#NSADisclaimer" and it's basically an EMail or Smartphone-Signature (or similar where that would make sense). Every participant adds that disclaimer and sends it (automatically every time in the signature of course) with every email to friends.
The benefits are potentially huge!
First of all it spams the NSA-Records tremendously! The more people participate the more distorting it will be for their meta-data (I'm a software engineer, so I know a little bit about that).
If the NSA sees some record where there is the disclaimer they suddenly can't be sure anymore if the data is correct, because the person states they know they are watched. It's even better if the disclaimer states that directly that the data might be incorrect (see disclaimer example at the bottom).
Third it will be a great way to communicate with the NSA directly and let them know that we're watching and psychologically weaken their direct or indirect employees. People can even start cybermobbing them or their work if they want to.
It could be really fun for people to use that disclaimer, play with it, invent their own and ultimately feel some power they have against the NSA.
I really think that campaign could give the NSA-Big-Brother-Offensive yet again (after the Snowden Leaks) an even broader public (because people read the disclaimer in their friends' emails). We could coin the Hashtag #NSADisclaimer or #OWSNSADisclaimer or whatever so people will find it on twitter.
Down below is one example for a disclaimer.
All the best! Hagen from Germany.
----- #NSADisclaimer: for NSA, GCHQ, BND and other surveillance agents ----
We can see you. We know that you, the NSA and "friends", surveil everything, that we do on a daily basis via telecommunication. (<--- Thought behind that: Breaking the power fantasy of the NSA employee and psychologically weaken them, maybe endorsing them to leave their jobs)
Your surveilling us is a reprehensible and paranoid job, that probably is really exhausting for you and will make you sick. (<--- Cybermobbing of their work)
Because we know that you surveil us, the contents of our eMails might be incorrect. You should better check every little detail twice and compare it to our other personal data to be absolutely sure. (explicitly stating the lack of data reliability)
--- This Disclaimer helps spam the NSA records on us law abiding citizens all over the world. Feel free to modify the content and tell the NSA what you think of them! @OccupyWallSt #NSADisclaimer ---
----------- EDIT (UPDATE, 2013-12-08) -----------------
As friends pointed out to me (see comments below), we should not primarily just fight the NSA. It would be even better to promote alternatives and just slow the NSA down as a side effect (because we surely won't beat them). So an alternative disclaimer might be of the following kind:
A disclaimer underlining possible alternatives could be as follows
--- Disclaimer to my friends, to the NSA and to anyone who's listening ---
- I stopped my existence as a sheepish, silent citizen some time ago now. And shortly after that I discovered that I can live healthier, more happy, more socially integrated and a more fulfilling life apart from the mainstream.
- I don't eat processed foods anymore, because they made me sick. I eat fresh food that I grow myself or buy regionally. And that increases my health tremendously.
- I started to change my relationships to really make real friends where I had "people I spend time with" before. I share my emotions, I help my friends, they help me and we all share the joy of truely interacting as human beings - not as society's "roles".
- I started to unplug from the "grid", not listening to the mainstream dinosaur news media anymore, not consuming the pseudo-realistic Hollywood and music business crap anymore. I produce my own "entertainment", which comes from the heart and not from a motivation to make money. And my friends start to do that too.
- The current system - especially including capitalism - is sick and sickening, so I unplug whereever I can and plug into alternatives. And I invite everyone to join me. Because another world is possible. And this other world is not what will happen if we beat the current system. This better world IS what we beat the current system with.