Forum Post: Possible FOCUS for OWM TO — REFORM CONGRESS MOVEMENT — vote to enact 28th Amendment ( Reform Congress Act)
Posted 2 years ago on Dec. 20, 2011, 11:10 a.m. EST by SomewhereInMe
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
REFOCUS THE OWM TO — REFORM CONGRESS MOVEMENT — vote to enact 28th Amendment ( Reform Congress Act)
How about printing this proposal below onto leaflets & pass them out to the protesters in your area(s) NOTE** The American people did not make what is currently the contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made existing contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work
Proposed 28th Amendment
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
• 1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
• 2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system,and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
• 3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
• 4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
• 5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
• 6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
• 7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12..
A Congrational Reform Act may be a way to remove Congress from the “pocket(s)” of the 1% (wall street/corporations/special interests) ….(although many politicians ARE the 1%ers) This in turn would remove the unbalanced power & influence that wall street now has over politicians.
If you agree with the above, please pass it on. How about printing this proposal onto leaflets & pass them out to the protesters in your area(s) or at least copy/paste & forward this on to 20 people you know.
Bless You & Bless the USA
Maybe NOW is the time. THIS IS HOW “WE” FIX CONGRESS !!!!!
If you agree with the idea(s), please pass it on. If not, just delete & pardon my 1st amendment rights.
-Consider- If each person reading this would copy/paste & forward this in an email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do like wise. In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message.
–Some background– Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land… all because of public pressure.
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971… before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc.