Posted 5 years ago on June 27, 2012, 9:37 p.m. EST by Middleaged
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
Blind Congress, can't see cause of the Money
Deaf Congress, can't hear cause of the Money
Dumb Congress, can't speak cause of the Money
Retarded Freshmen, Brain Dead cause of the Corruption in Washington DC
But it does seem that the Development of the Legal System depends on many stipulations and additions to clarify the law. That is why we have Articles, subsections, provisions, and Clauses in Law and Contracts.
1) Legislation as remedy.
2) Constitutional Amendments, We NEED TO Change the Bill of Rights to have an Article stating what States May Do to Abridge Rights (such as Free Speech, Free Assembly) BUT ALSO to state that States must allow Free Speech on Either the Steps of the Capital Building or Inside in the Lobby of the Capital Building. The Risk is that Congress will take Away Rights at the Federal Level such as the "Right to Bear Arms (or Own a Gun)", or the "Right to Unionize and the Right to Strike as a Federal Employee", or the "Right for Spouses of Military to Sue the Federal government" or the "Right for Main Street to Sue a Utility, Energy Company, or a Federal Agency like the FDA, EPA, SEC, OTS, OCC, IRS, FBI, Department of Justice".
3) Constitutional Convention
4) Additional Funding to see that Monitoring, Tracking, Managing, and Enforcement of the Law is done.
5) Enabling Regulatory Agencies to enforce the laws may mean backing them up to go the distance in court against large corporations instead of settling for small fines.
6) Considering alternatives to lengthy Court Lawsuits. Not only arbitration, but something more powerful... a streamlined and simplified court for specific financial violations and repeated financial violations that are predictable.
7) Consider additional Staffing for government regulators.
8) Consider Lifetime Employment for Government regulators to end the Revolving Door to Industry and promotions and conflict of interest decisions.
9) Consider reducing Industry influence in government by using IG (Inspector General Offices) to recommend and establish required public reporting every Quarter that Reveal Financial Dealings in Greater Detail - so that government can publish trends in Hedge Fund transactions and Private Banking that may manipulate investors.
10) Demand more Government Conflict of Interest Rules to include the state and federal Court Officers. These Laws have been studied for 100 years, are not unique, already exist in some form, and are easy to enforce and implement.
11) Demand Department of Justice, FBI, or other federal agencies apply the Anti-Trust Laws to Break Up Too Big Too Fail banks, Media Giants, and Giant Multinational Corporations.
Politicians Create Retardation, Proof: Look what happened to President Obama