Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Please, Sign the Petition... OWS NYC need 75,000 signatures

Posted 12 years ago on Oct. 13, 2011, 1:56 p.m. EST by sfck23 (34)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

I just found out that the Occupy Wall Street protesters are being evicted from Zuccotti Park at 7am tomorrow morning.

Mayor Bloomberg is sending in the police to clear the park so it can be "cleaned" and is imposing new rules that won't allow protesters to continue to occupy the park.

These protesters have been standing up for all of us against corporate greed on Wall Street and the corporate takeover of our democracy. It's time we stand with them. Please join me in urgently signing a petition to Mayor Bloomberg to keep him from evicting the protesters. Just use the link below.

http://civic.moveon.org/defend_ows/?r_by=-14017719-ztDBJAx&rc=c4_defend_ows_letter.email.g2

Thanks!

3 Comments

3 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by atki4564 (1259) from Lake Placid, FL 12 years ago

Agreed, message to mayor: Provide the protesters a Public Building for Public Assembly. Otherwise, where do you expect them to go to express their voice and choice. Public Assembly is their constitutional right and you therefore have a constitutional obligation to provide a Public Building in support of that constitutional right.

[-] 1 points by fanya128 (2) 12 years ago

People need to get their facts straight, some of the "rules" were already part of the agreement between Brookfield and the city. They had nothing to do with OWS. The fact that Brookfield had not enforced them, probably had to with how they might be perceived by the public and the way the protesters had been conducting themselves. If anything goes wrong tomorrow, OWS and the city will be looked upon unapologetically. I support this protest, but feel if the city wants rope to hang itself, give it to them, don't play into the nonsense. Leave the park and return peacefully. If people are wondering what to do for shower and bathroom facilities, join NY Sports Club. They are open until late and "$30 for 30 days" special would be cheaper than buying something from McDonald's every day. Look for my donation and good luck.

[-] 1 points by sfck23 (34) 12 years ago

It's easy, share with your friends... OWS NYC needs US :)