Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Please post links regarding who caused Sept. 15 2008 BANK RUNS in U.S. -- Many thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Nov. 6, 2011, 4:54 p.m. EST by FedWallFedWellFedUP (183)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Please post links regarding who caused Sept. 15 2008 BANK RUNS in U.S. -- Many thanks!

3 Comments

3 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by JesseHeffran (3903) 12 years ago

Are you speaking about the 800 point drop that the DOW experienced after Congress told Poulson and Bush to go fuck themselves? I often call that 800 point move the Pavlovian Effect. The fact that the one percent have so much money gives me no comfort in putting my money in the DOW. I also believe that Congress should not be allowed to hold interest in the DOW, while they are serving.

[-] 1 points by FedWallFedWellFedUP (183) 12 years ago

Correction --- over 500 BILLION dollars

[-] 1 points by FedWallFedWellFedUP (183) 12 years ago

thanks for this insight...I'm also asking for links regarding Sept. 15 -- over 500 million dollars was being withdrawn from money market accts. -- Paulson and Gov't officials went to Congress and asked for money to stem the tide...unable to do so they closed the window. We want links as to who started the draw down on money markets...that Paulson estimated would be over 5Trill if they did not close window and shore up financial system.