Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Pennsylvania Makes Public 243 Cases Of Fracking Contaminated Water

Posted 9 years ago on Aug. 31, 2014, 6:39 p.m. EST by Nevada1 (5843)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

51 Comments

51 Comments

Read the Rules
[-] 4 points by elf3 (4203) 9 years ago

Seriously where are the pitchforks...propaganda has rendered the citizenry impotent? Really...Americans are lazy retarded dubs ....and baby boomers are so easily bought no integrity whatsoever...thanks for making me so angry with this post...I need to smash something now...I just hate my country and the majority of people are complacent about everything and not worth fighting for LAZY and IGNORANT greedy children

[-] 3 points by Nevada1 (5843) 9 years ago

Agree with everything you said. It is all enough to make a concerned person tear their hair out. Buy another big unnecessary gas sucking 4wd, beer, cigarettes, drugs, and have another baby.

[-] 0 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 9 years ago

Ahhh yes - payback - but - it only adds to the BS - but that is OK - if you are the one causing it all - as this type of outraged payback does not hurt your bottom line - it feeds it.

So let us ALL act and Be Intelligent people.

[-] 2 points by 99nproud (2697) 9 years ago

Jart/forum debate=distraction

Fracking: Why we March

http://www.salfordstar.com/article.asp?id=2423

[-] 1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 9 years ago

OK - so - greed and crime that is given a pass because it is major crime = wallstreet - well wall street is a reflection of the economy - Right? - so - it must be protected at all costs - right?

You all are still with me right?

We gotta protect wall street at all costs - well now wall street sits just off the water - the water that climate change is gonna keep rising.

Well now - wall street is in danger of being flooded by the rising waters.

So - now this - IS - essential = we gotta build a very tall sea wall around wall street - forget the rest of New York and even the rest of the coastline of the US of A - we gotta protect wall street.

SO - let us build that sea wall all around the financial center. Put in pumps to pump out any water that could get past the sea wall.

GR8 - the sea wall is in place. But we gotta be sure it works. Lets test it.

Pump in some sea water and make sure that the emergency pumps to remove the sea water actually work and can handle a high volume of water - just in case.

OOOPssss someone reversed the flow direction on the pumps to remove the sea water - damn - wouldn't ya know it? - the pumps won't shut off.

Hmmmmmm - well - looking at it from a high rise from across the way - it does make for an interesting looking man made lake.

Does present a nice reflection when the sun is in a good position.

[-] -1 points by turbocharger (1756) 9 years ago

Education is ran by corporations, everyone is on pills, and the standard of living is still pretty decent compared to what would need for massive outrage.

At this point Im not sure what is going to have to happen for people to actually start getting involved. Probably a pretty rough situation.

Personally, I see where this country is heading and Im not waiting around for the politicians to get it together, or for the people to collectively decide they would like to start making at least a slight effort. I'm attacking opportunities like there is no tomorrow, because if I don't, there might not be.

[-] 1 points by 99nproud (2697) 9 years ago

"Rights of nature" 9/23 Climateweek

http://www.climateweeknyc.org/events/rights-of-nature

Solutions to fracking are bound to be discussed

[-] 1 points by turbocharger (1756) 9 years ago

Being that fracking rights have to be passed via the legislature, I suppose the easiest way a single individual can make a difference is to attempt to radically transform the legislature via their one voting day every other two years.

This is the easiest thing someone can do. We will see how well we do with that lone thing in a couple months.

We support the difficult way, not your "easiest...lone thing" approach.

Like the March/civil disobedience we are currently engaged in.

More than 100 arrested, pepper spray, violation of rights to assemble, expression, move.

non violent pressure between elections is MORE important than elections.

All ways, Always.

Divestnment from fossil fuels is another potent weapon we must build.

As such:

http://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/bill-mckibben-recruits-vermont-for-the-next-climate-war-offensive-divest-from-big-oil/Content?oid=2242324

Join us. Vote, but stay involved, add your voice to the chorus of change we are still growing.

We need you.

Its not an either or things Im talking about. Damn you Americans are always so black or white, left or right, up or down. Totally brainwashed.

The point is that if we cannot as a population do the easiest of tasks effectively, it is a telling sign of how difficult it is. That being said, putting together a ballot initiative is something that only a few an put together, and then leverage other activists for the hoops that the system designs to stop these things.

Im not sure if there is a ballot initiative to ban fracking in NY or not. Is there?

Ballot initiatives, referendums are an important step towards our goal of direct democracy.

Obviously we support that tactic. All (PEACEFUL) ways, Always!!!

Of course any discussion of Ballot initiatives/referendum/direct democracy must include the required goal of increasing voter turnout with compulsory voting.

http://albany.twcnews.com/content/news/767847/voter-turnout-for-primary-elections-typically-low-across-new-york-state/

Hard to get the peoples true choice without a quorum.

But I digress:

NYS residents are still fighting fracking even though there is no NYS fracking initiative this year.

(Can I say your name calling ("Damn you Americans are always so black or white, left or right, up or down. Totally brainwashed.") only shows the weakness of your position right? Please refrain & try to stick to substance)

In regards: What exactly have I said is either left or right? Is that just more strawman tactics?

[-] 2 points by turbocharger (1756) 9 years ago

Its not weakness, its frustration from dealing with this type of reactionary thinking nonstop.

If ya aint frustrated, ya dont know whats going on.

FYI stating a common way that Americans react to things is not a comparison to how to affect change in this statement, hence no strawman. They were two different thoughts on two different topics.

And also, contrary to many online personalities debating beliefs, every comparison is not a "strawman". Some of them are actually good references to bring things into perspective lol.

If you apply a position/argument to someone who hasn't made that argument or taken that position it is untrue and referred to as a strawman argument.

Regardless of that specific definition, it is a lie.

And usually this dishonest tactic is used when one participant cannot honestly argue the actual position/argument of the other participant.

Of course discussing the meaning of strawman in itself is just another meaningless, unsubstantial distraction from (in this case) the Climate action taking place today.

We are trying to get to the UN!!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/09/23/presidential-visit-un-restrictions-and-climate-protest-could-lead-to-gridlock/

http://www.climateweeknyc.org/events/climate-week-nyc-2014-opening-day/

This is more relevant to the post topic.

I would appreciate it if you could stay on topic, & limit the distractions.

Thx!

Peace

So what exactly are you hoping the UN does to address the climate?

The UN ain't gonna do a goddamn thing.

Whatta you think?

Finally.

[-] 2 points by turbocharger (1756) 9 years ago

Exactly. Finally. As if there were any great mystery that injecting the ground with massive amounts of chemicals would lead to some undesirable results.

Good article to post - it should be sent viral - if only in states that currently allow fracking. Would be best for full USA & world wide dissemination though.

Agree

[Removed]

[-] 1 points by Nevada1 (5843) 9 years ago

Good article.

Important issue.

Thx for the substantive post

[-] 2 points by 99nproud (2697) 9 years ago

This is why we March

Great post

Exxon Hates the World. Yep, you read that right.

We’re releasing the third installment of our “Exxon Hates” trilogy today, and we’ve taken it to its logical conclusion. We think you’ll like it.

Check out the new video, EXXON HATES THE WORLD, and be sure to share it with your friends!

Click here to share it on Facebook.

Click here to share it on Twitter.

A while back, we had a crazy idea for a satirical ad calling out Exxon in ways no one had ever dared...and “Exxon Hates Your Children” was born. While it was no surprise to see Exxon use sneaky maneuvers to keep it off the air, what we hadn’t anticipated was just how much it would resonate with people all around the country.

That’s why we’re excited to introduce Exxon Hates the World to you, and need your help sharing this video over Facebook and Twitter. Don’t let Exxon silence us -- make sure everyone you know sees this ad.

Last year, in the US alone, our state and national governments gave the fossil fuel industry a staggering $20 billion dollars in taxpayer money.1 Outrageous doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Our “Exxon Hates” series calls this out, highlighting the danger Exxon and those insane subsidies pose not just to our children’s future, but to the entire world right now.

Join in and help make sure this video is seen by as many people as possible by watching it and then sharing it with your friends and family.

Thanks for your help,

David Turnbull Campaigns Director Oil Change International

[1] OCI Report: Cashing in on All of the Above: U.S. Fossil Fuel Production Subsidies under Obama

Oil Change International campaigns to expose the true costs of fossil fuels and facilitate the coming transition towards clean energy. We are dedicated to identifying and overcoming barriers to that transition.

[-] 2 points by Nevada1 (5843) 9 years ago

Good work DKA. Shared. Would make a good forum post.

[-] -1 points by DKAtoday (33802) from Coon Rapids, MN 9 years ago

Hey Nevada1 - I also just placed the same message from the other 98%

https://occupywallst.org/article/climate-change-real/#comment-1046149

But I led off that posting with a description of an unusual weather event/experience that I just had and have experienced only a couple of other times and only just earlier this year.

Made for a good tweet

DKAtoday @DKAtoday · 4s

http://kos.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=dVObFLt5jPbZIMtdaQBgT9Ez/udtWcJq … Still believe fracking for LNG and Oil is good for you and good for the environment?

[+] -4 points by oneeyedjack (-125) from Queens, NY 9 years ago

Slackivist!

One must wonder at your animus towards using every available form of communication to spread awareness education to the public.

[-] 1 points by elf3 (4203) 9 years ago

Word of the day is animus...nice

lol - I can't help it if the conversations/comments practically begged for the use. This has gone round and round and round for so long - animus was bound to come up as a proper descriptive.

[-] -3 points by oneeyedjack (-125) from Queens, NY 9 years ago

Read Micah White's piece to better understand my position:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/aug/12/clicktivism-ruining-leftist-activism

You have no position - other than to troll this site and stifel any possible action that the public might take - hence your recent animus about removing ALEC members from government.

[Removed]

Let me guess, you just learned the word animus today? Is that why you keep using it in all your comments?

I actually want to remove the entire system. Change the entire way the government works. So, not only do I want to remove ALEC members from government, I want to remove ALEC and the government as well. I want real change, not merely changing the actors like you want.

Stomp on your own dick some more - it doesn't bother me.

You say you want to remove ALEC and the government but you provide nothing coherent as how that is to be achieved - you generally just say that people should turn their backs on government - but all that does is give the government and their sponsors a free hand to do what ever they want.

Your arguments? To date? = epic FAIL.

[-] 2 points by elf3 (4203) 9 years ago

Congress has both hands on their woohoos and they are pleasuring themsekves in full display of the public while spraying their payoff in our faces...who knows what they aren't disclosing...the thought is plain scary...I'm not even sure I can bring myself to look in the box under the bed.

LOL and ick - but not everyone in government has sold out - yet - or if they had - we - would not be having this conversation - and ACA would not be an issue as it never would have happened - it never would have been brought up for action in the 1st place - Social Security would already have been destroyed/removed - the wealthy and corp(se)oRATions would not be paying a penney in taxes and on and on and on....... So we gotta do what we can with what ever is plainly staring us in the face...........right? That Basilisk looks to be ALEC - one of em anyway.

[-] 2 points by MattHolck0 (3867) 9 years ago

do these election suggest t

hat there is no door of communication

between the government and the people

beyond the choice of candidate

The actors = politicians - in office - control/own the stage to a gr8 degree and as such they try to mold the stage to suit themselves. The only way to alter the stage by the public - is to remove these actors from the stage so that changes can be made to the stage in the public's best interests - and also make use of such initiatives that are forwarded - LIKE - Move To Amend = the campaign by The People to overturn Citizens United and remove money BIG MONEY from politics.

Let me guess, you just learned the word animus today? Is that why you keep using it in all your comments?

I actually want to remove the entire system. Change the entire way the government works. So, not only do I want to remove ALEC members from government, I want to remove ALEC and the government as well. I want real change, not merely changing the actors like you want.

[-] 1 points by BradB (2693) from Washington, DC 9 years ago

quote: >>> I want to remove ALEC and the government as well.

ok... good fantasy ... what's your plan ?... how soon will it take place ?

Do you enjoy stomping all over your own dick?

[Removed]

[+] -4 points by oneeyedjack (-125) from Queens, NY 9 years ago

You ran out of ideas and arguments, so you want to talk about my long dick. Is that because you spend your days with Obama's wang up your mouth. It's hard to think about other things than penises is it?

On the contrary - you keep sharing your fantasies with the forum - so - I thought it might be an approach that you would best understand - using your favorite fantasy object.

[-] 1 points by MattHolck0 (3867) 9 years ago

recently

Dinosaur Dynasty

[-] 0 points by oneeyedjack (-125) from Queens, NY 9 years ago

Well, we can talk about my penis if you insist. I'm one of the few here that wants a smaller penis, not a larger one. I often do stomp over my penis by mistake. I have special leg side straps that I use to push it against my legs until it reaches about my ankle. If I walk normally my dick doesn't touch the ground. I do stomp on it sometimes when I bend my knees either crunching down, or sitting down.

Well, we can talk about my penis if you insist.

I think we would ALL prefer it if you talked to one of your health care professionals instead.

BTW - U R too funny - as on the one hand you are here complaining about the jartocracy on this site and on the other hand you are presenting Mica White ( who is still associated with this site ) as though he were to you someone who walks on water.

Conflicted much?

The state of Pennsylvania has released redacted details of 243 cases of water contamination caused by fracking

I have got to wonder why they were redacted.