Posted 10 years ago on Oct. 24, 2011, 3:36 p.m. EST by JQcitizen
from Houghton, MI
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
Some misinformers here are advocating boycotting the vote. Please look at this whole thing to see why our votes are so important.
Presently there are actions being taken in many states to make it harder for the poor to vote. Why? The answer to that has been known since 2005, though not a lot of people in my area know it. How about yours? Spread the word.
This was posted at the daily Kos on 4 October 2009:
"You see Michael Moore highlights a confidential report that Citigroup initially circulated only to it's wealthiest customers. Those reports, since leaked, plainly discuss the power of the Plutonomy in America, and how it would only strengthen, as long as the "the rest us" (the non-plutonics) could be kept in the dark about the Plutonomy existence, its role, and its over-arching control in the American Economy.
Even though the Plutonomy (the top 1%) control over 50% of the net worth in America -- they don't control the Votes!
The thing they most fear is the principle of "one person -- one vote".
You see despite their extreme wealth and power, they only have 1% of the vote; "the rest us" control the other 99% of the votes. So if we ever caught on and, I don't know, maybe raised their taxes back to where it use to be (40-90% range), well maybe they couldn't have a Yacht in every city, or a Mansion in a half dozen states. Maybe they couldn't "lose count" of how many homes they owned."
Libertarians, read here:
See the actual memo here:
Better hurry though. Citigroup has been forcing sites to take it down judging by what I've seen on the net.