Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: OWS announces endorsement of blocking bridges and tunnels on MAYDAY.

Posted 2 years ago on April 21, 2012, 4:28 p.m. EST by rroll1951 (29)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

This is an HUGE mistake.This GENERAL STRIKE will ONLY be GENERAL if we successfully recruit the masses of general public...working people.Its already bad enough that we have no consistent imaging or promotion,that appeals to the REAL 99%.Instead we have posters with screaming,angry "intifadah-like"imagery,or "commie-wanna-be" images. This strike WILL NOT suceed unless sensible,intelligent people insist that the fringe of the movement understand that no "fringe" has ever suceeded in massive social change.We have half of the work done for us in that many,many Americans of all walks of life want to achieve economic justice,to see the power of money removed from politics,and real democracy restored ! All that is left to do is gasther them behind us into a cohesive movement.That will not be done by a leaderless group with no spefic goals,with consistent strategy of messaging...that allows whoever wants top contribute angry,off-putting imagery to turn-off rather that turn-on. PLEASE folks..we have a tremendous opputunity here.Lets not blow it.

9 Comments

9 Comments


Read the Rules
[-] 1 points by TechJunkie (3029) from Miami Beach, FL 2 years ago
[-] 1 points by jrhirsch (4714) from Sun City, CA 2 years ago

Agree completely! Blocking bridges and tunnels on MAYDAY equals economic terrorism. Inflicting harm on the many for the crimes of the few. Should we employ the tactics of Al qaeda to obtain justice?

Chaos is never a cure. A negative action can't cure a negative situation. Only a positive one can.

Our fight is not against bridges and tunnels. It is against those who unfairly weild more than their fair share of economic and political power.

Direct our assault at the root, not the many branches and leaves.

Tell me, who in this leaderless movement is responsible for this tactic. Get on this forum and talk with us and explain your reasoning and your ultimate goal.

[-] 0 points by rroll1951 (29) 2 years ago

I mostly see opposition to absurd idea like blocking bridges on here. Who is passing this shit ??? The GA's w/ a tiny group of unemployed,marginal radical types..who can't contribute and in fact are sucking off of the welfare teat of OWS ? What could be a tremendous ,on-going mass movement for change has been reduced to a tiny nest of radical wanna-be's.STOP CHANTING WE ARE THE THE 99% !!! Your not. Your the other 1 %.

[-] 1 points by shoozTroll (17632) 2 years ago

OWS grew a teet???

You're strange. Imaginative, yet strange.

[-] -1 points by rroll1951 (29) 2 years ago

Yes...lots of money and donations last year,blown on suzy homemaker commune fantasies.Start recruiting working people who are the 99 %,or die a certain death. OWS is becoming a circle jerk for absurd "revolutionaries". I was in SDS in 68.i tried that,and history has shown its absurdity.I know the youth in OWS has no patience to listen to experiance.We don't have all of the answers,but my god...we have some.

[-] 1 points by rbe (687) 2 years ago

Have you ever heard of the Venus Project? Here's a good video if you'd like to check them out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KphWsnhZ4Ag

[-] 0 points by vvvpr (0) 2 years ago

Sure...

If we all buy the Obama buttons MoveOn is selling at their 99% Spring training indoctrinations, like each other's Fakebook protest pages, retweet Anonymous like lemmings, sign all the petitions at Change.org and post YouTube videos of ourselves holding hands and singing Kumbaya, all the bad people in Wall Street and Washington will automagically disappear...

[-] -1 points by vvvpr (0) 2 years ago

[Removed]

[-] -1 points by Pequod (17) 2 years ago

What a horrific idea. Piss off everyday working stiffs to prove a point. Is this truly a movement r just a silly game?

[Removed]