Welcome login | signup
Language en es fr
OccupyForum

Forum Post: Our one simple demand

Posted 2 years ago on Sept. 25, 2011, 5:09 p.m. EST by ronimacarroni (1089)
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Whats our one simple demand? End corporate influence on our democratic government. How? That's up to the american people to decide. Sound good?

10 Comments

10 Comments


Read the Rules
[-] 2 points by AlanO (52) 2 years ago

This is actually the ONLY solution you'll get a consensus majority behind.

I've been saying this since this whole thing started: get Wall Streets money out of Washington, and you've won 80% of the war. The remaining 20% is a matter of fixing tainted policy decisions.

Get everyone on the same page and pushing this single, non-negotiable demand forward, and success is within the grasp of the people. Where it belongs.

[-] 1 points by GandhiKingMindset (124) 2 years ago

Awesome point!!!! Now, how do we make it. Need to look to history here...Gandhi and ML King gave us a users manual. I think you should block the entrances to this new green zone they’ve set up around wall st. They can’t expand it forever. They are afraid of your non-violence because it makes them look bad. I urge you to engage in peaceful non-resistance. Get the media near you and then zip tie yourselves together by the hundreds and SHUT DOWN WALL ST FOR A DAY. Yours is a just cause. That little 3 or 4 block area of Wall St is responsible for much of the world’s suffering. We did this in the 80′s with apartheid. I spent quality time with Abbey Hoffman personally discussing his tactics. I’ve studied King and Gandhi relentlessly and I’m telling you, you have them on the run. You have a growing movement and you’re getting the world stage. But now you need to use it. .

[-] 1 points by freewriter (1) 2 years ago

The One demand could be to end all suppression of free expression? It's a constant struggle.

[-] 1 points by Therealme4 (1) 2 years ago

I like it. We all know this system is utterly corrupt. Let's start there.

We can argue about solutions later. Afterall that's what democracy is all about no?

[-] 1 points by riethc (1149) 2 years ago

Read my article: Knock out Wall Street with One Punch

[-] 1 points by ronimacarroni (1089) 2 years ago

Well think about the following guys. 1.If we propose a solution we'll seem like we're imposing ourselves and look like we have an agenda. 2. by claiming that its up to the american people to decide we'll shift the responsibility to fixing this to the American people.
3. Whatever solution we come up with we'll be too vauge to be applicable. 4.Who cares how it gets done as long as it does.

[-] 1 points by soldierjohnni (2) 2 years ago

regulate the sec

[-] 1 points by TabithaDean (17) 2 years ago

Have you seen recent post "Revolutationary Solutionists Challenged"? In addition to that, what about our own corporation for We the People if this is the game to be played?. I'm not a business major. Anyone?

[-] 1 points by JackieS (9) 2 years ago

3 wordS: STOP. Manipulating. the Weather.

SMW!

[-] 1 points by EddieWillers (5) from Columbus, OH 2 years ago

Fix the voting system and everything else will fall into place.