Posted 4 years ago on April 28, 2014, 4:50 p.m. EST by LeoYo
This content is user submitted and not an official statement
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." http://occupywallst.org/forum/none-are-more-hopelessly-enslaved-than-those-who-f/
The National Democratic Congress is the proposal for exercising democracy http://occupywallst.org/forum/a-democracy/ on a national scale through the only means available to practically all American voters; municipal initiatives. By organizing voters nationwide as a National Democratic Congress to vote on the same municipal initiatives at the same time, the effect of national law can be achieved bypassing reliance upon unaccountable state and federal representatives. Even with less than 100% national municipal agreement on initiatives, citizens of individual municipalities to have a municipal democratic congress and pass important initiatives (e.g. $15 Now) shall benefit nevertheless. Upon organizing a national network of municipal democratic congresses composed of the number of committed voters required to sign petitions for initiatives, the process for enacting initiatives can be streamlined by having the headquarters of each municipal democratic congress email petitions to the members of their municipal democratic congress who would then print them out, sign them, and mail them back in purchased, pre-addressed, postage-paid, envelopes to the municipal democratic congress headquarters. Gathering signatures from committed voters through these means would eliminate the expense of hiring professional signature gatherers and could take just a few days rather than weeks to complete thereby allowing American voters an efficient means of passing nationwide legislation in their own interests. An organization such as http://www.uspirg.org/ the Public Interest Research Groups http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Interest_Research_Group would be best suited for organizing such a nationwide endeavor. If the National Democratic Congress of municipal voters should prove to be popular with the American public, a more permanent form of the Democratic Congress http://occupywallst.org/forum/amendment-for-a-democratic-congress/ could be pursued.
Suggestions for Municipal National Social Initiatives
- Barring violation to the rights of others, the right of a free people to be secure in their individual decisions of personal safety, ingestion, expression, activity, association, and property, shall not be violated without due process of law.
- Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude shall exist within the municipality or any place subject to its jurisdiction.
Suggestions for Municipal National Political Initiatives
- Barring conviction for either treason or for voting fraud, the right of all mentally coherent adult citizens to vote at all levels of government shall be guaranteed, the violation of which shall be punishable with equivalence to an act of treason.
- The right of a politically free and democratic people to engage in Initiative, Referendum, and Recall, and to have all of their votes counted, shall be guaranteed.
- The provision of Patriot Dollars to voters for the sole funding of political campaigns at all levels of government shall be enacted to keep political campaigns free from the undemocratic influences of monied interests that shall be prohibited from funding any political advertisements within the municipality that are outside of political campaigns.
- The offering or acceptance of any item or service of value including but not limited to the offering or acceptance of future employment involving a public official or candidate for public office of any branch or level of government shall be prohibited and punishable with equivalence to an act of treason.
- All communication to take place between a lobbyist and a public official shall be public and open to the press, the violation of which shall be punishable with equivalence to an act of treason.
- Candidates for any representative or executive public office must be FreeDA candidates before campaigning within the jurisdiction of the municipality.
Suggestions for Municipal National Economic Initiatives
The Municipal National Economic Initiatives are intended to protect municipal economies from the ravages of corporate exploitation. Each of the following proposed ordinances can be adapted to suit the particular needs of a municipality and even be supported at the state level in any of the 24 ballot initiative states where citizens possess the democratic right to determine their state’s legislation. Other initiatives for establishing a living wage, single-payer health care, municipal hospitals, and municipal universities, should also be pursued for the general welfare of the local public.
- The freedom from direct taxation being necessary for the right of a free people to be sovereign in the ownership of their labor and of their property, the imposition of direct taxation shall be prohibited allowing for only indirect taxation that shall also be applied to public utilities.
- The separation of corporation and state being necessary for the independence of a democratic government in serving the needs of the people, no public service shall be under the management of a private sector entity.
- No formula business outlet shall exceed the size of the largest local business outlet of the same category.
- The number of business outlets for any formula business shall be limited to one outlet per every 50,000 inhabitants of the local municipal population.
- All businesses within the jurisdiction of the municipality shall have local bank accounts in which their profits shall be retained within the municipality and not be exported to anyplace outside of the municipality.
- All offshore exports to the municipality shall derive from foreign retail companies owned by natural born citizens of those countries thereby barring exports from domestic companies utilizing underpaid, overseas, labor as an outsourced alternative to providing fair wages for domestic labor.
- Any private business acquiring a national market share large enough to be a detriment to the national economy upon the business' failure shall be banned from the municipality until the business has undergone divestment into smaller units assessed to be economically secure for fallibility in the national economy.
- A public bank for the public good called the Union Reserve Bank shall be established for the municipality and shall link with other municipal public banks to form a national public bank and also provide the facilities and staffing for the municipality's Union Credit credit union.
In addition to nationally organized municipal initiatives, initiatives can be enacted at the state level in the 24 ballot initiative states where a Union Reserve Bank could be formed from newly created state banks whose state appointed bank officials would serve as the Union Board of Governors with all the responsibilities of the Open Market Committee. For a debt free currency to benefit the national economy, Union Reserve Notes could be issued for the Union Reserve Bank by the U.S. Treasury.
Union Credit is the proposal for a nationwide union of municipal credit unions for uniting all Americans in a mutually beneficial financial community. In addition to being a national credit union, Union Credit would also market mutual insurance and provide facilitation of the Municipal Employee Cooperative Plan and the Municipal Cooperative Employment Service. Increased patronization of the Union Credit mutual insurance can be supported through an incentives program in which any person who is a patron of both Union Credit and its mutual insurance can pay 1% less on their premiums in the next year for every new member they are responsible for recruiting to the same type of insurance. If a person recruits 10 people for the auto insurance, that person will pay 10% less on their auto insurance in the next year. If a person recruits 103 people for the health insurance, that person will pay nothing on their health insurance premium in the next year and 3% less in the following year. These one year discounts on premiums will not only slightly ease a member’s financial burdens but will also provide the incentives for member recruitment and becoming full patrons of the Union Credit financial services thereby enabling larger loans and better coverage for the municipal community.
Municipal Employee Cooperative Plan
The Municipal Employee Cooperative Plan allows the members of Union Credit to have deductions applied to their paycheck deposits for contribution to a cooperative fund enabling employed members to either become the worker-owners of their current workplaces or to become the worker-owners of new cooperative businesses.
Municipal Cooperative Employment Service
The Municipal Cooperative Employment Service would assess the skills of the unemployed individuals to patronize it and match them with a suggested cooperative business plan. Upon acceptance or rejection of the plan for an alternative plan, the Municipal Cooperative Employment Service would facilitate the crowd funding of the new cooperative business. Alternatively, cooperative businesses could be pursued without crowd funding through the formation of Business Management Cooperatives that would contract with business owners to staff and manage their businesses for an equal share of the profits. In either case, with the nationwide establishment of the Municipal Cooperative Employment Service, the unemployed of each city would be consistently channeled into either newly or already established worker-owner cooperatives modifying the economic well-being of society at a fundamental level.
With the implementation of suggestion #6 of the Municipal National Political Initiatives http://occupywallst.org/forum/freeda-free-democracy-affidavits/ the National Democratic Congress could immediately liberate the public good from the subversive control of private interests.